TerraEarth Forums

I'm Better Than Who?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 pm   Post subject: I'm Better Than Who? Reply with quote

Who can you say, without qualification, that you are simply a better person than?

For me, I say that about my former roommates and most of my former friends who sit on their ass and play video games while smoking pot and if they have a job they blow their money on more video games and live in their parents house.

This is not a "me venting thing" so much as it is a social experiment. We're told not to act like we're better than people, and it's a good virtue. But we all know that we are better than some people.

Try to stick to people you know, rather than gimmes like Charles Manson.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some people I work with that I could make this claim about, but one in particular stands out.

He no longer works there, and we're all happy about that.

The man is in his 40s. Looks like he's about 90. He has a long history of stirring up shit wherever he goes, and making people hate him. His wife ended up leaving him, and his kids want nothing to do with him. I'm told he once shot the family dog in front of his kids to 'teach them a lesson'.

He received a $35,000 severance from his old job before starting where I work, and instead of using any of it for child support, he blew it all on a 1-year trip. They started garnishing his wages when he worked with us, and even at the rate they were going, it would have taken 14 years for him to catch up on his payments.

He wound up getting himself fired (which is a real accomplishment... to this day, he's the only one I'm aware of who my boss has actually fired), and managed to screw up a good thing.... he had a place to live while he worked there, with cheap rent, within walking distance of work. Once he was fired, he was evicted.

He wound up 'attempting' suicide (which we're convinced was him clamouring for attention... if he were serious, he had guns... he liked hunting), spent a short time in a mental institution, and last I heard, is either living on the streets or in a men's shelter.

Just in case that last little bit evoked a little sympathy for the guy, keep in mind that all of his problems are entirely self-inflicted. He wouldn't pay child support entirely by choice. It's his own fault his family hates him, and he got himself fired. He screws everything up for himself because of his massive sense of entitlement and overblown ego.

And to top it all off, he's an alcoholic. Wonder of wonders. No money for child support, but he can blow $50 a night at the bar.

So yes, I feel confident saying I'm a better man than he is.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blow ALL of my money on video games (I have bills to pay too) but I still live with my parents. Sad

Anyway. I know I'm a better person than my boss at work. I'm nice. Everyone likes me. I don't use other people to my advantage to sit on my ass and make the other workers do my work for me. I actually. You know. WORK. I'm also not a huge bitch to everyone, nor am I condescending to them.

I'm wondering if I'll be taking over as manager in my department when the old hag actually retires.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

... EVERYBODY!! Laughing
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blow all my money on video games either, but I too still live with my dad (my parents are divorced) - out of necessity, since I don't have a job, I couldn't afford to live anywhere else. The plan I had originally was, that once I was earning well enough, I would buy the house from my dad and he would then be free to retire and move out of the rat-race known as London. :p

ANYHOO.....better than anyone? Well, when I was working at the betting shop, the manager of our next branch just up the road was embezzling money and was an absolute bitch to colleagues and punters alike, to the point that she once wondered aloud how come the previous manager had told her that the shop did really great business (she'd driven it all away by being consistently bitchy to everybody - that branch closed down less than a year after she was fired, the new manager couldn't change the local's impressions that she'd ruined). O, and she had no idea how to actually do the work either.

Seriously, how many of you guys would need to ring up a colleague to ask them what is two times one hundred? Really? 2*100???!

I hope she's unemployed now; if she has a job while I've been out on unemployment benefit for the last 3 years, I swear I'll scream.
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
... EVERYBODY!! Laughing

Dammit, Psycho, that was going to be my answer! Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

soon as i saw the thread, i thought "psycho is gonna post 'everybody'". i was right.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
soon as i saw the thread, i thought "psycho is gonna post 'everybody'". i was right.

I assume this is something good? Very Happy makes me reliable!
Art Monkey

Level 11: Worlock

Resident

Gems 8,348

PostLenc Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

GOD MWHUAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAH Evil or Very Mad

STEAM: Lenc Chroso
BNET: Blindeduif#2260
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

I assume this is something good? Very Happy makes me reliable!

well it isnt anything bad. for some reason i figured youd make that joke before anyone else.
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of someone in real life, but there's this german guy on this forum I often visit. All he does is brag about how awesome he is, and yeah, I think I'm better than Psychokind Very Happy Wink

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

well it isnt anything bad. for some reason i figured youd make that joke before anyone else.

joke? Very Happy
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

joke? Very Happy

My first respond would've looked like this..."he's prolly not joking" ^^

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually don't think i'm a better person than anyone, but there are certain exceptions.

Such as, i'm a better person than people who seek to always put others down because it makes them feel better, i'm better than needlessly cruel people, i'm better than malicious people, and basically the whole lot of those kinds of people.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
I usually don't think i'm a better person than anyone, but there are certain exceptions.

Such as, i'm a better person than people who seek to always put others down because it makes them feel better, i'm better than needlessly cruel people, i'm better than malicious people, and basically the whole lot of those kinds of people.

In other words, you're better than most the people in your zip code, lol. Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: