TerraEarth Forums

Xbox 2/Xenon
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rom Manic
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 1,000

PostRom Manic Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:19 pm   Post subject: Xbox 2/Xenon Reply with quote

I have been waiting for this for so long. After looking at some possible designs, I was looking and the unofficial weblog, and saw a few things that made me wanna cry tears of joy.

1. Possible wireless controllers a STANDARD (How much that will cost in batteries, we may never know, but still cool)

2. With the release may possibly come with a revised edition of Halo 2.

And the best part of this whole topic...

3. Quake 4!! The most anticipated PC FPS of all time coming out for Xbox2! Does it get any better than this, ladies and gentlemen...

I'm saving my money for the Xbox2. Or Xenon. Whatever it's called, it's definitely gonna be worth my money. More than PS3 ever will. Maybe a GCN, but just because Zelda is worth my money Laughing
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Xbox 2?!? Hell with them! They're nothing but powerful so-called console with better graphics. I hate Microsoft since they bought too much companies included Rare. Let them run away with tail down and die in gaming history.
Dont let they get you with 'great hits' games.... or 'awesome' graphics. They just want your fatted wallet.

Wireless controllers was big pain in ass with batteries or lack of rumble motors.

Wait until E3 event. You got 19 days away from biggest event. And find out what's storaged surprises for you.

Gems 1,000

PostRom Manic Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 2:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They bought rare, yes...But that only means Perfect Dark Zero can be released on the Xbox! Yay!

And I think sony wants your money more than Microsoft. So what if MS bought a couple of companies. Only makes their console have better games.

Better graphics = better gameplay = better spending

Ty.
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rom Manic wrote:
They bought rare, yes...But that only means Perfect Dark Zero can be released on the Xbox! Yay!

And I think sony wants your money more than Microsoft. So what if MS bought a couple of companies. Only makes their console have better games.

Better graphics = better gameplay = better spending

Ty.

I don't like Microsoft way of going through businness. I dunno why you are happy, for them this is just bussiness, both the people at Sony and Nintendo have more reasons to go with their consoles than just wanting to get more money, that is Microsoft's only goal.

What you are saying, is that it makes the XBOX have better games, by buying the capabilities of others with money. That is morally wrong, tought is valid in the business world.

You know, if they had not bought all the people, you could just buy stuff from Sony or Nintendo and you would get the dedication of those teams. Only now they are playing in the same team as Microsoft instead.

Better graphics doesn't means better gameplay, it usually is the opposite. Most of the time the first idea of how good a game is, is the graphics, and most casual gamers buy based only on that.

However, the xbox has the merit of it's online gamming, Halo and top notch graphics. As far as I know, the only remaining advantage for the XBOX360 will the Halo. Microsoft know they can't win with just another XBOX so they are buying people all around to get the advantage they need. However it's also PS2's edge so both of them will fight for it. In the end Microsoft has more resources so it prolly will win them. But I beleive that great games are done when you like your own game, not when you are payd to make the coolest game ever, so I beleive the XBOX360 games will be worse than PS3 games.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how this turned in to a graphics debate, but: graphics are extra, and mean nothing to the gameplay.

With that out of the way, I think the wireless controller as a standard is a bad idea. It's great as an option, but if that's the norm, people are going to be forced to buy batteries to play. If they insist on making it a standard feature, they better have a hell of a life span to them.

I've also heard that the new X-Box won't be backwards compatible. That could be a mistake, since the Revolution will be, and it's probably safe to say the PS3 will be too.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe PS3 will be backwards compatible, even though I'll never sell my PS1 or PS2 ever anyways. There will always be some game you can't play on one system. In my case it was Lunar 1+2. They will NOT play on my PS2 for some reason, and I'm glad I kept my old PS1. ^^

I'm not really an X-Box person... and I know that the minute they release a Halo 3 for the next-gen X-Box (with whatever name they give the damn thing -.-; ), that's all I'll ever hear about when someone mentions X-Box in a gaming store. Neutral

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Freedan. Graphics are kind of an odd issue to ruffle feathers about on a forums based on SNES RPG's.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that the ps3 will be Even though I agree with rainichan and I do the same thing too.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the only reason I will ever have for buying an X-Box will be soley because one of the Final Fantasy masterminds (with his new company Mist Walker or whatever) signed a deal with Microsoft to make games for the X-Box. Then maybe that might motivate me enough to buy it. MAYBE.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:41 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

it was enough to make me buy a damn gamecube, and I haven't been happier since Cool Guy

of course I hope to see more rpgs for the new x-box, especially if SE makes games for it.
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think SE will be PlayStation and GC only for now. I think it was only the guy who used to do games for SE with his own company who signed the deal with Microsoft.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more interested in Monolith Soft. I forgot the origanal creator's name but he was in charge of Xenosaga when he worked for squaresoft
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Samurai wrote:
I'm more interested in Monolith Soft. I forgot the origanal creator's name but he was in charge of Xenosaga when he worked for squaresoft

Which means he created the Xenosaga games. Cool Guy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

exactlly Cool Even though I founthe first one a bit strange i hold hopes for the future. Hopefully by the time Xenosaga episode 5 comes out the copyright on Xenogears will be useless, or SE will give their consent (ha)
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, then again Xenosaga wasn't marketed by SE. It was Namco, the same people who put out Klonoa. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: