TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma maps project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:50 am   Post subject: Terranigma maps project Reply with quote

I decided to do something about making maps for myself, just so that I can look at all the pretty sights in Terranigma when I'm taking a break from actually playing the game. Very Happy

Plus it gave me something to do to keep away from my sick dad hanging around the house all this last week. Razz

This is by no means definitive at the moment - it is only the civilian maps (no actual fighting levels), and only the outdoor parts, no screenshots yet of the insides of buildings, though I plan to do those next, and then get to the dungeons at some point too. Oh, and once I've done ALL of that.....I'll have to go through again and add in all the people, animals, and monsters. XD

O wow, it's gonna be a long project, repeatedly playing through the game to screenshot all the bits I didn't do first time round. It's a dirty job, playing TN, but somebody's gotta do it.... Wink Laughing

Here's what I've done so far. The exterior shots of...:
Crysta
Evergreen
Sanctuar - upper and lower halves
Safarium - upper and lower portions, and the tunnels connecting them
Lhasa
Nomads' camp
Louran (before zombification only) - central square and west
Loire - 1st version, both halves of 2nd version, both halves of 3rd version
Storkholm
Litz - 1st and 2nd versions
Ports - Litz, Freedom, and Liotto
Freedom - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd versions
Nirlake - 1st, 2nd (destroyed mud-pit), and 3rd versions - plus separate farm and Will's place.
Liotto
Quatros' camp
Penginea
Yunkou
Neotokio
Mosque
Suncoast - 1st and 2nd versions of main part, plus separate beef farm and Suncoast Zoo in 2nd version.
Underworld Map
Overworld Map.

Very Happy I've been busy. Looooooong way to go though. Smile If anyone wants to see all the maps as they stand at the moment, feel free to download from my megaupload account. ^^

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WHERYQN7
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 3,009

Postlucas_kelly11 Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work. They would come in handy of anyone was making a FAQ.
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 799

PostNeph Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, WOW! these are really nifty. Nice job Very Happy
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:05 am   Post subject: Re: Terranigma maps project Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
I decided to do something about making maps for myself, just so that I can look at all the pretty sights in Terranigma when I'm taking a break from actually playing the game. Very Happy

Plus it gave me something to do to keep away from my sick dad hanging around the house all this last week. Razz

This is by no means definitive at the moment - it is only the civilian maps (no actual fighting levels), and only the outdoor parts, no screenshots yet of the insides of buildings, though I plan to do those next, and then get to the dungeons at some point too. Oh, and once I've done ALL of that.....I'll have to go through again and add in all the people, animals, and monsters. XD

O wow, it's gonna be a long project, repeatedly playing through the game to screenshot all the bits I didn't do first time round. It's a dirty job, playing TN, but somebody's gotta do it.... Wink Laughing

Crysta
Evergreen
Lhasa
Nomads' camp
Storkholm
Nirlake - 1st, 2nd (destroyed mud-pit), and 3rd versions - plus separate farm and Will's place.
Liotto
Quatros' camp
Penginea
Yunkou
Neotokio
Mosque
Suncoast - 1st and 2nd versions of main part, plus separate beef farm and Suncoast Zoo in 2nd version.
Underworld Map
Overworld Map.

Very Happy I've been busy. Looooooong way to go though. Smile If anyone wants to see all the maps as they stand at the moment, feel free to download from my megaupload account. ^^

Dude... Um, would you mind if the content staff for the new site uses these? I guarantee we have a use for these! Eek!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Terranigma maps project Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

Crysta
Evergreen
Lhasa
Nomads' camp
Storkholm
Liotto
Quatros' camp
Penginea
Yunkou
Neotokio
Mosque
Underworld Map
Overworld Map.

Dude... Um, would you mind if the content staff for the new site uses these? I guarantee we have a use for these! Eek!

Sure mate, that's entirely what I did them for! Very Happy

Also, I'll be redoing the Overworld map in FULL SIZE at some point. Smile That was screencapped in vSNES at half of full resolution, you can't see the towns/ports/etc so clearly there. Smile
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You will recieve full credit for this hard work, of course. Thank you very much! Very Happy

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
You will recieve full credit for this hard work, of course. Thank you very much! Very Happy

You're welcome very much! Cool
Legend shall speak

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job! I love viewing all the places like this, just as from the bag (or whatever that was) of a gull.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

finally I thought of posting them in the Terranigma grp in StudiVZ Very Happy do we have a Links-Thread in facebook already? if not, I could make one and post all the links I already collected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: