TerraEarth Forums

TerraEarth Lexicon Comittee- First Meeting
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:06 pm   Post subject: TerraEarth Lexicon Comittee- First Meeting Reply with quote

This is a call to all persons who have expressed an interest in contributing to the TerraEarth: Lexicon and it's ever-growing universe (or universes).

<-----ATTENDANCE----------->
So far in attendance we have:

Jason Tandro
Rainichan
SoulBlazerFan
Valerie Valens (expectant)

<------------------------------>

I would like to call this meeting to order by first acknowledging what we know, and the sources that we are citing.

<-----THE BASICS--------->

We know that TerraEarth and all subsequent TerraEarth chapters, wings, and universes were created by boxxleman, RPGLunatic, or both.

-TerraEarth Forums

We know that boxxleman is a half-god. We can assume that RPGLunatic is as well.

-Valerie Valens Character Bios

We know that TerraEarth is constantly under attack from dark forces.

-TE:A, TCOITE, and so forth...

We know that the evil behind this madness is usually Ark4Elle.

-TerraEarth: Adventures

We know that Ark4Elle hires other agents of darkness, including Arashi for his bidding.

-TE:A

We know that other planets exist.

-TE:A, TCOITE, and so forth.

We know that other dimensions and universes exist.

-TCOITE.

We know that, for some reason, the other universes and dimensions are beginning to disappear.

-TCOITE.

We know that the "magic" of the world is known as Fonym.

-Valerie Valens Character Bios.

<-------RACES/CULTURES------>

We know that the Moon Tribe was one of the dominant races on the planet.

-Illusion of Gaia.

We know that the Moon Tribe had a schism with a race called the Astarica.

-Rainichan's Moon Tribe Recounting, Terranigma.

We know that the Moon Tribe were transformed into demons by the light of the Dark Comet.

-Illusion of Gaia.

We know that demons can breed with humans to create half-demons.

-TerraEarth: Fallen.

We know that TerraEarth[Imperiad Wing] was a collection of tribes and racial groups that unified under the Union of Kingdoms Treaty.

-TerraEarth: Absolute backstory

We know that the Disputed Territory, which held out, was destroyed by its own people in what is referred to as the Territory Incident by the government and the War of Expansion by the veterans and anti-government activists.

-TerraEarth: Absolute backstory.

<-------CHARACTERS-------->

We know that TerraEarth [Imperiad Wing] is run by Administrators and Moderators.

-TerraEarth Forums

We know that Administrators include boxxleman, RPGLunatic, eFlare and Rainichan.

-TerraEarth: Absolute

We know that Moderators include KaleFlame.

We know that Blade and Deathpit are "Descendants" two honored warriors who have the power of Moderators in times of crisis.

We know that Freedan is Rainichan's sworn bodyguard.

-TerraEarth: Absolute, Rainichan's backstory.

We know that Coz, the Druid and SoulBlazerFan, the Monk have also sworn to protect her.

We know that Blade used to be part of a crime syndicate called the Chimera Clan

We know that other crime syndicates include Mr. Nagato's crime family and Borgan's syndicate.

We know that Chimera and Borgan are twin brothers.

We know that Aoiga is a former warrior in the Territory Incident who lost his eye and became a Dark Samurai during the Dark Gaia Crisis.

We know that tay120n64 is a member of the Hero's Line of Hyrule who helped out TerraEarth during the Dark Gaia Crisis.

We know that Jason Tandro comes from a world called Rysun and does battle with his dark half, Remus. The term Soul Schism comes from their split.

We know that Valerie Valens is a rogue paladin, anthropomorphic from Trapiga Islands who has become a treasure hunter.

We know that Axe Kazama is former heir of the Kazama Clan in Freejia but left to become a treasure hunter. The Mishima Clan took over Freejia in his absence.

We know that Chicken is an elf from Evegrow who traveled with the "treasure hunting trio" to become strong and brave.

We know that psychokind is a half-demon who was chosen to be Arashi's second in command.

We know that EverPhoenix is a fallen Soul Blazer who wants revenge on the world.

We know that Muerte is a necromancer living in the body of his murdered father.

We know that Hammerit is a former knight of Moderator Castle who has gone crazy.

We know Flamez was a warrior in the Dark Gaia Crisis who has turned his life over to darkness and works as a spy for evil.

<----------LANGUAGES------------>

There are a total of six languages in the TerraEarth universe. The languages that were the basis for all speech are Heavenly, Seleni and Lunawi. Most people speak Common. The Elves and Dwarves have their own unique language which is rarely heard.

-Rainichan's Language Guide

<----------TCOITE--------------->

The twentyeight universes exist in sort of a ring- they co-exist outside of each others planes of existence, close but just beyond the possibility of contact. A current of psychokentic energy runs between them all, interconnecting between the ring, but also between worlds. (I think I might shoot a video, to show this theory) This energy is what the scientists of TE: Prime used to open wormholes between the universes, and what Ark Rizan uses to expand these universes, and fold them into one another, causing immediate destruction.

So, in essence, all worlds are connected. HOWEVER- this does not mean this is the only "TerraVerse" ring, if you will. I believe there are clusters of these interconnected universes, that exist elsewhere. Think of a ring, and, using this ring as a stand in for the universes, connect another ring to it, so they are linked like a chain. Connect several of these rings together- the possibilities are limitless.

More information will be available when I (Eventually! ) write the second part of my Parallel Earth Reference Guide. There is plenty of information in there.

-SoulBlazerFan (below)

-----------------

THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW. Now we must discuss what we do not know.

What I want from this commitee is to establish the clear lexicon and how our stories unite. We will be tackling the big questions here.

The committee will have three main duties:

1. To add to the "What We Know" list.

2. To discuss lexicon-branching solutions to contradictions.

3. To answer the questions that still linger about the Lexicon.

We should also focus on recruiting others to the cause.

---

First, let's focus on the first duty. What have I left out of the "What We Know" list?

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:45 am; edited 4 times in total
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You glorious bastard, you.

We also know that there are at least three base languages, other than what the dwarves and elves have, which are Heavenly (base language for those who are either gods, such as Boxxle and his brother, and also used for admins to use commands in and around the world of TerraEarth), Lunawi (Moon Tribe) and Seleni (Astarican). Those are from my own threads in this section, so... Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

We also know that there are at least three base languages, other than what the dwarves and elves have, which are Heavenly (base language for those who are either gods, such as Boxxle and his brother, and also used for admins to use commands in and around the world of TerraEarth), Lunawi (Moon Tribe) and Seleni (Astarican). Those are from my own threads in this section, so... Very Happy

And of course, most people nowadays simply speak Common, so that's four. If you include dwarvish and elvish that makes a total of six.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
rainichan wrote:

And of course, most people nowadays simply speak Common, so that's four. If you include dwarvish and elvish that makes a total of six.

Of course. Very Happy I'll be expanding on it more for sure, of course. If I can get the know-how, I'll hopefully even have a working font for Lunawi and Seleni.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll attempt to explain some of the science of Parallel Worlds. In my story, only twenty-eight universes are accessible to the characters of that "TerraVerse." This is not the whole case.

The twentyeight universes exist in sort of a ring- they co-exist outside of each others planes of existence, close but just beyond the possibility of contact. A current of psychokentic energy runs between them all, interconnecting between the ring, but also between worlds. (I think I might shoot a video, to show this theory) This energy is what the scientists of TE: Prime used to open wormholes between the universes, and what Ark Rizan uses to expand these universes, and fold them into one another, causing immediate destruction.

So, in essence, all worlds are connected. HOWEVER- this does not mean this is the only "TerraVerse" ring, if you will. I believe there are clusters of these interconnected universes, that exist elsewhere. Think of a ring, and, using this ring as a stand in for the universes, connect another ring to it, so they are linked like a chain. Connect several of these rings together- the possibilities are limitless.

More information will be available when I (Eventually! ) write the second part of my Parallel Earth Reference Guide. There is plenty of information in there.

What other information, Jason, do you wish me to share? Do you want me to list... Characters? Worlds? I'll be more than happy to provide any information you need- barring it doesn't spoil any of my plans for the future of the story.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Any and all information you wish to share is ideal in assembling the "big picture". However do not reveal more than you wish to reveal and do so at your own pace.

---

Phase Two:

Okay while Phase One is still operating, I'd like to expand on Phase Two, where we begin to link the chains (no pun intended, SBF) of our lexicon.

In essence, I am thinking that each person writing will contribute their own TerraVerse. This would be the simplest solution.

Because let us look at what we are dealing with.

TCOITE is in itself one massive TerraVerse. One ring.

My lexicon is based around the Test Worlds. This is the first link in the chain by my theory. These are the universes that boxxleman created as tests to see what kind of environment would be the best for his people. The successful branch is the Imperiad Wing; where most of my lexicon takes place.

So, phase two:

These are the question the committee must answer:

1. What exactly is boxxleman and RPGLunatic? Their nature, race, origin, etc.

2. Why did they create these multiple TerraVerses?

3. What is the meaning of life within these TerraVerses?

4. Is it possible to travel to other TerraVerses?

5. What is the ultimate fate of our Multiverse?

Do not rush to answer these questions. These are the "big questions". These are what we should be discussing.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Phase Two:

Okay while Phase One is still operating, I'd like to expand on Phase Two, where we begin to link the chains (no pun intended, SBF) of our lexicon.

In essence, I am thinking that each person writing will contribute their own TerraVerse. This would be the simplest solution.

Because let us look at what we are dealing with.

TCOITE is in itself one massive TerraVerse. One ring.

My lexicon is based around the Test Worlds. This is the first link in the chain by my theory. These are the universes that boxxleman created as tests to see what kind of environment would be the best for his people. The successful branch is the Imperiad Wing; where most of my lexicon takes place.

So, phase two:

These are the question the committee must answer:

1. What exactly is boxxleman and RPGLunatic? Their nature, race, origin, etc.

2. Why did they create these multiple TerraVerses?

3. What is the meaning of life within these TerraVerses?

4. Is it possible to travel to other TerraVerses?

5. What is the ultimate fate of our Multiverse?

Do not rush to answer these questions. These are the "big questions". These are what we should be discussing.

1. I couldn't tell you. I would hazard a guess at those from another world who created TerraEarth but ascended to a god-like status (I think Val's bio for Boxxle has him as a god, but I would have to look it up and I'm lazy.)

2. That's assuming that the Test Worlds are still around. Very Happy As it stands, I would think something like... he wanted a world for those to be happy in, much like our own real world. That's just me though.

3. 42.

4. Maybe, but that's only if the possibility arises and those in the main, non alternate universe/realities figure out that there are more than one 'reality' for TerraEarth. My own opinion, though.

5. ...42.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I can answer only part of this question, because any further answers would ruin the surprise I have in the story. I can say, boxxleman is a sort of "God" in not just one universe, but potentially several...

2. Once again, I cannot answer this question. It will be revealed in the Third Crisis story.

3. What is the meaning of life to begin with? To find out our true destinies, and fufill them as best we (or they) can.

4. I won't expressly say no. Just because one ring is relatively destroyed doesn't mean there isn't another ring that exists that is the exact same, only with a different outcome. (Like say, Ark Rizan is never born and thus none of the universes were destroyed, and they would continue on like they would've otherwise)

5. It depends, because the fate of the multiverse of the TCOITE could go either way. Afterall, fate is what we make of it.

I hope these answers fufilled your questions. HOWEVER, Jason, if you really need to know some of the answers, particularly question one, I can PM it to you, but I'd need a solemn oath you won't tell anyone what I may tell you.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us leave it as a surprise. Right now our respective rings and stories are still budding. The time for connecting them is still far off.

My goal is that, at the end of everything (and not a moment before) our stories can be unified under one common motif, all questions answered, and all events finally making sense.

Until then, we should just have fun and keep an open mind. There is reason I named the theme of TerraEarth: Absolute, "Where All Is Revealed".

Okay, let's table the big questions from here on in. This thread should now be used to sort out any confusions regarding currently existing canon, as well as posting up ideas and topics and so forth.

Now we should address the third issue: getting more people to contribute!

I started a Fanworks contest in hopes of stirring some creative juices, but so far only a couple people have shown interest.

Manibrandr System
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a world to add to the Lexicon, but it won't be a part of the TerraVerse chain of existence. Instead it would be a world created by a god antagonistic to boxxleman and lunatic, and no it won't be any of the known villains.

This world is created as a pantheistic triple realm, the realm of mortals, the realm of the righteous and the land of the damned. These realms are known respectively as Midgar, (Μιδγαρτ) Asgard, (Ασγαρτ) and Sheol. (Σζεωλ) Midgar is what you'd expect from a typical fantasy setting, the realm is divided into three major factions, one faction has their lives and culture evolve around magic and its useage, the other faction has a slightly more steampunk edge to it, they specialize in fire, lightning, water and wind magic and the final faction has a more cyberpunkish edge to it with its inhabitants specializing in light, lightning, earth and fission magic. Asgard is a heavenly realm where the god and all of his loyal servants reside, it is also reserved for the mortals recognized as the most devout of followers. Sheol is for the mortals who have not earned their place in Asgard, where they will be tortured for all of eternity by the god's dark servants. They can effectively die from the torture there, but they come back to life on the next sunrise so the torture can continue.

The language of that world is written in strange glyphs known as Phonos, (Φωνος) which later form the basis of Elysion, (`Ελυσιων) aka Heavenly in TerraEarth, and language of controlling the magical force known as Phonym, aka Fonym. (Φωνυμ)

As you can see, the god of that realm ruled the world in a not so benevolent tight-fisted rule. His one weakness though it currently gives him more power than a god normally would, is that his power comes from the number of people who worship him. Not content with the kind of his power he has over one world, and his technical inability to create new populated worlds, he decided that the next best thing would be to subvert a fresh new world to his rule. So during the creation of TerraEarth around 65,536 light years away on the opposite of the galaxy, he decided to implant an entire race of his servants into the world, and implanted them with a code that allows the angels to work outside of the Imperiad code. (The angels are responsible for teaching Fonym to the TerraEarth residents, as well as their language.) Then he would plot and bide his time until he is able to forumulate a plan of subversion, then he would pick a "Messiah" (Μεσζιά) who would essentially be a prophet that would go around teaching this new religion, every convert would essentially be ripped from the control of the Imperiad code and subverted to this god's control code, slowly taking over TerraEarth. What he didn't count on, however, was the angels developing the notion of free will stronger than what has been seen anywhere else on TerraEarth. The first messiah directly disobeyed the commands given to her from this god. She was taken away to Sheol and was imprisoned in the ice of indifference in the deepest bowels of Sheol, guarded by the most vicious of his dark servants. The second messiah however was smarter, and instead of directly defying the god, she escaped to other worlds through the reading tables the Astaricans and the Lunar Tribe people created and disappeared for a very long time. Her name was Arche Kruz. Then the great purge happened, and the angels diminished in numbers greatly, and since they weren't original residents of TE, their numbers did not recover when the world did, instead, they suffered under a mysterious sickness and died off, until eventually, only Valerie was left.

Arche Kruz eventually returned to TerraEarth to warn Valerie that this god will soon choose a messiah and since Valerie is the last angel left accounted for, she will most definitely be picked, and she will be imprisoned if the god is refused her allegiance in subverting TerraEarth. Arche mentioned to Valerie that if this iteration of the messiah project failed, the god will amass a massive demon army and take terraearth by force.

Thus starts an adventure to that god's world where Valerie has to free the first messiah, and band together to weaken or defeat this god using his own weapon against him before he attacks.

If there is any questions, or if you want me to elaborate more, please do so.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 9:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, this gonna be sweet... Very Happy

Oh, I need to get to you regarding Fonym for the next game. I'd like a full list of the Fonym's each character can learn, their chromophilia and chromophobia and their Awakening Drives.

There's obviously NO RUSH on this. We're still several months (if not a couple years) before TE:B comes out.

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:

3. 42.

5. ...42.

Correct, the answer is 42.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamez wrote:
rainichan wrote:

3. 42.

5. ...42.

Yesssss, I was wondering if anyone would get that! Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Flamez wrote:
rainichan wrote:

3. 42.

5. ...42.

Yesssss, I was wondering if anyone would get that! Very Happy

Hitchhikers Guide; its amazing Smile

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I did get that, but it seemed like such a line of glory that it didn't need further glorification. It's like not disturbing the waters of a still, beautiful pond... or something like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: