TerraEarth Forums

Most Immersive Games You've Ever Played
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ratty Randnums
Level 7: Raiden

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sly Cooper trilogy. Don't ask me how SuckerPunch did it, but they really did a good job of immersing you in the world and story while keeping up the fun factor with these games.
And although for the most part the main game of each entry is incredibly easy it's never boring, and there's plenty of neigh impossible time challenges and the like if you're looking for a good challenge.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Played a demo of the first game. It actually did a good job pulling off the stealth aspect and yet made it a playable platformer...

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Ratty Randnums

Gems 2,115

PostRatty Randnums Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Sly Cooper does a great job of making you feel stealthy without actually being a stealth game. It's more about exploring the world/story and superb 3D platforming than it is about the tension and figetyness of a stealth game, it's more like a platform adventure game with light stealth elements.
And if you own a PS3 SuckerPunch will soon be releasing all 3 games in a high definition transfer in 3D for one low price. Well worth it.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. Actually I own no game systems right now. I leech off my roommate's consoles. Sad

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Reshi
Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 82

PostReshi Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Terragnima - No need to state the obvious

Lufia II - The story just completely sucked me in. Too many epic moments to list them all: First time at Pandora Castle when the music starts, the wedding, the birth, Idura fight, return of Dekar, the ending etc. you get the idea

Gothic 1+2 - Those who've played these games doesn't need any explanation. To those that doesn't: Let's just say the series is known for their deep atmosphere and very lively environment among the fans.

Genso Suikoden Series - My favorite RPG series. It might be a different choice when talking about single games. But when it comes to whole franchises, this is my top bet. The games succeds in making me care for the nations I'm fighting for.

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - No other game in recent years has made me think as much about War/Society/Politics as this game.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

terranigma and lufia 2 were awesome. cant say ive played the others though.

i really wish i could experience the 2 again for the first time. but, with the remake of lufia 2 on the ds due out any week/month now, i get to re-experience lufia 2. at least its something.

Gems 82

PostReshi Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, there is no EU release announced yet =(
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reshi wrote:
Sadly, there is no EU release announced yet =(

With it coming out in the US sometime this autumn, a PAL release is inevitable.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda: OOT - It came with the Gamecube we got for Christmas in fourth grade, and I loved it so much I would sometimes collect sticks and rocks at recess to do a little roleplay by myself Very Happy What kid wouldn't adore traveling the world/country as a little kid who was self-reliant and could fight monsters?

Kingdom Hearts 1 - It had the dark fantasy atmosphere I ever so craved for years. At the time DBZ made me wish I could fly, and so when I got to Neverland where you could fly freely above London... oooh yeah Smile

Final Fantasy 7 - Loooved it. It's what really got me into RPGs for good, with the unique balance of characters, how each one of them really is different inside and out.

And of course Illusion of Gaia. The feeling of being able to leave school forever and go on an adventure >: D The best. Heh.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reshi wrote:
Gothic 1+2 - Those who've played these games doesn't need any explanation. To those that doesn't: Let's just say the series is known for their deep atmosphere and very lively environment among the fans.

damn, gothic 1+2 (NOT 3) were indeed incredibly amazing games. they introduced a completely new way of RPG, and perfected it to a until today not reached level. the whole universe was so alive, and the "world" was so big and dangerous that it almost defines the word "immersive". until now I only find Morrowind worthy of competition in terms of PC games.

Gems 82

PostReshi Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. But there is so damn much to do in Morrowind that I never ever completed it D: there was always something distracting me from the main story Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Reshi wrote:
Indeed. But there is so damn much to do in Morrowind that I never ever completed it D: there was always something distracting me from the main story Very Happy

you should! I completed it with all factions and legendary artifacts. I once started to uncover all the map (the big map), but until today I'm not finished Very Happy
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems -237

PostMazeura Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Final Fantasy XIII. When i got the game on release day, i took a week off work. I have clocked about 180 Hours on it, and im still not at %100.

Oblivion. Spent way too many days and weeks and months and years.....

Record of Agarest War. I started this one recently, and the story is amazing. Its a strategy war game like final fantasy tactics, but it has a generational dating game immersed in it. You eventually play through the story of your kid, your kids kid, etc... % generations long and im not even done with the second generation. I highly suggest this game to EVERYONE.

Enchanted Arms. One of the best stories ive ever played through. pick it up someday at gamestop for like $5 and it will be the best $5 you have ever spent.

Megaman Legends 1 and 2. Nuff said. These are my two favorite games of all time, and i pity the foo who thinks otherwise.
Sgt.Pepper1983
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lost in most fantasy games, but the top five I've really allowed myself to get lost in were Zelda 2, Crystalis, Illusion of Gaia, Symphony of the Night, and Kingdom Hearts.
Sgt.Pepper1983

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I get lost in most fantasy games, but the top five I've really allowed myself to get lost in were Zelda 2, Crystalis, Illusion of Gaia, Symphony of the Night, and Kingdom Hearts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: