TerraEarth Forums

Terranigma in HD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlfredoAlberto
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 161

PostAlfredoAlberto Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm   Post subject: Terranigma in HD Reply with quote

Hey guys, in my random search for random Terranigma fan-stuff I noticed this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_l6I3OfdA&hd=1

It's the Terranigma intro in HD. The author claims it's scaled to 2048x1536 pixel with a "2-pass refiltering".

I'm trying to contact the author for some hints of how he made the video, because the video looks fantastic in my opinion. It's sharp, it's detailed, I like it Very Happy
I've tried to scale Terranigma to HD with Snes9x / Zsnes but none of the given filters keeps the SNES feeling, it kind of feels water-brushed all over the details, it's pixelated and the aspect ratio looks weird.

Just wanted to share this with you Cool Guy

Edit:
On a side note, this guy seems to "hd"-en a lot of things. Particularly, he has Final Fantasy 7 the last fight with one winged sephiroth in HD. 2 - parts, also awesome to watch!
P1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aATyZ1gDUB0&hd=1
P2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVqVBwkh90&hd=1

Last edited by AlfredoAlberto on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you! it really looks good. he should remake the whole game, so I can play it on the beamer Very Happy

Gems 161

PostAlfredoAlberto Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought Very Happy I want him to do that 100% run in HD, that would be awesome! But still, no answer...
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that looked pretty damn cool. i wana play that on my tv
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have some videos with good quality... though i can't make HD vids due to my video memory and RAM... i can't even watch HD vids lol

But anyway the quality is awesome, check this video as example, in 480p, it's an snes game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxHguAcvV38

The program i used to edit it has an option to apply a filter... that's what why the video has this quiality.

It's all about filters and resolution...

And btw.. to make a video with 2048x1536 and be able to watch it properly, he should have a really good computer Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
simkin_belinelli
Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 83

Postsimkin_belinelli Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

better than real life lol .
AlfredoAlberto

Gems 161

PostAlfredoAlberto Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got an answer from this guy Mad

Anyway, he told me he is using a propietary virtualdub plugin he has written for some company. And here comes the interesting part Razz

For the reason of testing he is searching all kinds of stuff to "remaster and upscale to high definition". So he is calling people to send him ideas or videos that he will be posting in HD.

Of course I told him to remaster the Terranigma 100% speedrun Wink He told me that if I am willing to record the original speedrun directly from the emulator in 640x480 with a lossless codec (huffyuv, Lagarith, MSU) and send him the aprox. 500GB video data by mail, he would do the job Razz Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfredoAlberto wrote:
So I finally got an answer from this guy Mad

Anyway, he told me he is using a propietary virtualdub plugin he has written for some company. And here comes the interesting part Razz

For the reason of testing he is searching all kinds of stuff to "remaster and upscale to high definition". So he is calling people to send him ideas or videos that he will be posting in HD.

Of course I told him to remaster the Terranigma 100% speedrun Wink He told me that if I am willing to record the original speedrun directly from the emulator in 640x480 with a lossless codec (huffyuv, Lagarith, MSU) and send him the aprox. 500GB video data by mail, he would do the job Razz Very Happy

then what are you waiting for? Very Happy speed run for it!

Gems 161

PostAlfredoAlberto Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

then what are you waiting for? Very Happy speed run for it!

How about this, my usb-stick is around 2GB, so I'll do 2GB and you do the remaining 498GB Razz
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 500 GB external Wink
But I don't feel like sending it to random people ^^

Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
I have a 500 GB external Wink
But I don't feel like sending it to random people ^^

Same goes for me. 160GB external and 500GB external, but a) I don't wanna send an external drive to some guy I've never met, and b) It has lots of stuff on it already, so it's only about 130GB free. Smile

Gems 161

PostAlfredoAlberto Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll sponsor the 500 GB transporting device if someone is willing to record the 10 horus+ of gameplay in the desired format/codec. If you use a dual-core 3200Mhz each, how much do you need to record the whole thing... 2 months? Laughing
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfredoAlberto wrote:
I'll sponsor the 500 GB transporting device if someone is willing to record the 10 horus+ of gameplay in the desired format/codec. If you use a dual-core 3200Mhz each, how much do you need to record the whole thing... 2 months? Laughing

I wouldn't have a clue. Very Happy

Anyway, I can't help, my computer is oooooooold and slow - over 5 years old in fact, I bought it back in December '04. I'm not even sure what my specs are. Razz ....A single Intel Celeron 2.6GHz processor, not very fast at all by current standards. Smile *Le shrug*
Legend shall speak

Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

AlfredoAlberto, that is so cool! thanks for all the links!
0c.

Gems 1,053

Post0c. Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing hey guys, how are you doing Razz
ehm.. has someone considered reading the channel's name? It's called "0coolandguest2"...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: