TerraEarth Forums

Parallel Earth Reference Guide
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm   Post subject: Parallel Earth Reference Guide Reply with quote

Special thanks to the members of TerraEarth.com forums, as some of these names of these worlds are from members there. I’d especially like to thank Rainichan and Jason Tandro, whom both inspired me and others to create this canon, through their various contributions to the forum. I could not have done it without you.

A Parallel Earth Reference Guide

By Edward Flare, Intern, Student of Dimensional Studies, TerraEarth Prime
The following guide is a reference point to the twenty-seven known universes, including our own. Others shall be added as they are found, but for the time being, these are the only to have been discovered. Also included are brief synopsis of each world.

Prime – To start, there is the world we come from, TerraEarth: Prime. This world is the most technologically advanced of all the current known worlds. This is the only world that currently utilizes or knows of inter-dimensional travel.

Alpha - Known as “The First” or “Kromag.” This world is war torn, and has been blocked from further travel due to the dangerous nature of the invaders known as “The Kromags,” an alien race with deadly weaponary.

Bizarro – A backwards world where the inhabitants believe they are doing good, when actually they are really doing evil things, and vice versa. This world should be considered a scientific oddity, but nothing more.

Crime – A world where the criminals have major control over all cities and countries. A vast majority of the North American continent is owned by the Capone Corporation, an agency created by a self-serving“visionary” of this world, Al Capone.

DC – A world akin to Superior, where several people have arisen with unique abilities. Several have taken up the mantal as heroes, and others have arisen with dark intentions of evil.

Enigma – A world of unique mystery. The inhabitants speak only in riddles, and live by the code of “Y?” More questions than answers exist here.

Fire – A world entirely consumed by fire. No life can be sustained on this world, due to the extreme nature of the heat.

Gundamu – A world where war has moved into using large, mechanized weapons, known as mobile suits. A potentially dangerous world for any outsiders.

Horror – A world where serial killers have seemingly supernatural powers, taking lives across the world. Possibly dangerous in all aspects.

Inferior - A world with minor technological advancement. Their space program is in its infancy, and their idea of advanced technology involves personal computers and high-end entertainment devices. Minimal exploration has been done.

Jupitris - A world where technology is around four-hundred years behind our own. They have moved into Earth, and live in sprawling space colonies.

Klowns – A world inhabited by creatures that are similar to “Clowns,” but instead are deadly creatures, almost impossible to kill, that travel from one planet to another, removing all life forms and consuming them.

Linux – A world ruled by machines. These machines harvested human beings to be used as workers, and small batches of resistance fighters attempt to take them down. Highly dangerous.

Mid-World – A ravaged countryside world, unlike any other. Parts seemed untouched by man for decades, if not centuries. A majority of the world hasn’t moved past the Old West area, what little of the world is still inhabited.

Nova - Another world involving machines, however, in this world, they live in harmony with the human beings of this world. They have discovered technology of AI, and some of the machines believe they are actually alive.

Omega – A world discovered that is identical to “Alpha,” only they removed the threat of the enemy, in this world known as “Cromags.” The threat was removed only recently, and a great reconstruction is underway.

Primitive – A world that never moved past Medieval period, and fell to dark times. The world is empty now, save for the remnants of old towns, houses, and a fallen castle.

Quattro – A world largely consisting of warzones. Much of the world has been destroyed by an unknown invading source, with humans largely enslaved by this invading force. Only minor resistance pockets exist, and those are becoming few and far between.

Romar – A world that humans have evolved. Some have become Dusapanids, human-spider hybrids, and also Gallarians- a humanoid type sentient being with green skin. Home of Fremalak, the worlds leading scientist of Quantum Physics.

Superior - This world is much like Inferior technologically speaking. However, in this world, some of the humanoids have gained extraordinary powers. It is unsure how these mutations occur, but they do, and they are rather interesting.

Trips - Another world similar to Inferior, however, a plague known as Captain Trips ravaged the world, killing roughly 99.9 percent of the existing population. The only Traveler sent to that world could not return, as he was infected with Trips, and died within days of travel. Thankfully, the ADAM device does not pass oxygen between worlds, thus, the viral infection did not spread to this world.

Unified - A peaceful settlement, where war has been abolished for two centuries. The inhabitants co-exist in complete unity, it is a true Utopian society.

Vivendi – Another world similar to Inferior, only in an earlier timeframe. May be a duplicate, or “Mirror” earth, that began just before the birth of Inferior.

Water – A world encased entirely by water. Land is almost non-existent, and the few remaining inhabitants are completely uncivilized. These are few and far between, though.

Xanadu – A society nearing our level of technology. They are on the track to a society much like ours, however, their belief structures still include the use of ancient Gods that have long since been removed from our own.

Yigal – A world where women are largely in control, and are perceived to be the dominant sex. Advancement is standard, that of Inferior, and much of the history mirrors that of the aforementioned world, however, men are repressed instead of women, and the fight for equality was never won by men, who are still repressed in that society.

Zeta – A virtually degenerated society, technology has advanced within the constructs of the end of its societies growth. The world was mostly destroyed during a Great War, and since the surviving members of the society have lived underground dwellings called “Vaults.” May have grown to be much like our own world, had it not taken the fall it has.

"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Cool Guy

This is awesome, SBF. Well done!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I was hoping anyone who read this would catch the various in-jokes and pop culture references I made in there- theres a ton.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the planets DC and Xanadu offer that, for one thing. Very Happy

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about every world is a reference to something or another, whether in name or explanation. I might make a "Parallel Earth Reference Guide, Reference Guide" to establish all references in the reference guide. Confused
This User Has Completed

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gundamu = Gundam Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:

That actually extends from my inability to understand the Japanese language. I got a copy of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and, during the opening credits, they have this really hokey song, where it sounds like the singer says "Gundamu." So thats where that came from.

Also, Jupitris and Zeta are both from Zeta Gundam. So there you have it. Very Happy Also, so is Quattro- as in, Quattro Bajeena, aka Char Aznable's code name in Zeta. (During my writing for the original TCOITE story, I had just started watching Zeta Gundam on DVD, so thats where all those references came from)

In fact, the reference is so blatantly obvious, I even included it's description:

Quote:
Gundamu – A world where war has moved into using large, mechanized weapons, known as mobile suits. A potentially dangerous world for any outsiders.

This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
[lso, so is Quattro- as in, Quattro Bajeena, aka Char Aznable's code name in Zeta.

Also in Gundam Wing there was a character named Quatre. Of course that show had arithmancy out the exhaust pipe.

A quote from the Gundam Wiki:

"As the main characters of Gundam Wing have references to numbers in their names, character and pairing notations in the GW fandom are most often given as numbers. For the uninitiated, pairing listings on a fic can resemble a bizarre algebraic equation, but it really is quite simple. The pilot's names match the code numbers assigned to their Gundams, which in turn match up with the LaGrange Point of their colony of origin.

1 = Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing (Gundam 01); from the L1 colony
2 = Duo Maxwell, pilot of Deathscythe (Gundam 02); from the L2 colony
3 = Trowa Barton, pilot of Heavyarms (Gundam 03); from the L3 colony
4 = Quatre Raberba Winner, pilot of Sandrock (Gundam 04); from the L4 colony
5 = Chang Wufei, pilot of Shenlong (Gundam 05); from the L5 colony

From there, other characters also have numeric names, although those numbers are not representative of their country or colony of origin.

6 = Zechs Merquise
9 = Lucrezia Noin
11 = Lady Une
13 = Treize Khushrenada

For characters who do not have names correlating with a number, fandom notation is typically made with the first letter of their name.

R = Relena Darlian Peacecraft
D = Dorothy Catalonia
H = Hilde Schbeiker
C = Catherine Bloom
M = Long Meiran
S = Sally Po"

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
inferiare wrote:

That actually extends from my inability to understand the Japanese language. I got a copy of the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and, during the opening credits, they have this really hokey song, where it sounds like the singer says "Gundamu." So thats where that came from.

Yeah, that's how it's written in Katakana: ガンダム or "gandamu". Very Happy Some, but not all, native speakers can keep an ending vowel silent, but the others can't, which would explain the rogue "u" you heard at the end in the song. /neeeerd

More on topic, I want to say the Bizzaro world is based off of the Bizzaro episodes of Sea Lab, but I might be wrong on that.

The Klowns one terrifies me in retrospect, but I'll wager the guess that it's based off of Killer Klowns From Outer Space. Very Happy

Linux is a computer OS and it sounds like it's based off of The Matrix.

Romar is a nickname that you have. Very Happy SEE I KNOW THESE THINGS. Romar Knows Best and all. Laughing

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like Water is based on Water World.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...And you'd both be correct. Very Happy On all accounts.

Might be tl; dr, but if you're interested in the references, here they are:

Jason: Also, all of the OZ (Aka The "Order of the Zodiac") mobile suits are named after Zodiac symbols.

Raini: Actually, Bizarro is named after the Superman character, Bizarro, and in fact, the explanation is based on his home world where everything is opposite. And, of course- I had hoped someone would get the Killer Klowns reference. That movie is so bad, it's good. Linux being the operating machine, and the name a reference to Matrix, as Raini had also mentioned.

Oddly enough, Enigma's explanation is a reference to an episode of Pete and Pete, where Old Petes' girlfriend makes a movement called "Y," using it to question authority.

Fire is a reference to one of my favorite TV shows of all time, Sliders. This is a show about interdimensional travelers. Also, Alpha is from that series, as Kromags where interdimensional travelers that used space ships. Omega is also a reference to this, as a mistake in the series canon not only changed the way the Kromags looked, but also incorrectly spelled their names "Cromags." Also, Alpha and Omega- beginning and the end. (Remember- one world is where they ruled with an iron fist, the other they have been defeated)

Mid-World is a reference to one of my favorite book series/authors, Stephen King. Dark Tower takes place mostly in Mid-World. Also, it's another inter-dimensional travel story.

Nova is a reference to the Short Circuit film series. Remember, Johnny 5's alive? Nova is the name of the company that built those robots. Very Happy Even the line "advanced AI where machines believe they are actually alive" continues the reference.

Trips is also a reference to another Stephen King book which I was reading at the time of TCOITE, "The Stand."

Vivendi is a reference to the video game company of the same name. The explanation, "Mirror earth," is a reference to Star Treks' mirror Earths. (Remember the episode where there was an evil crew who had goatees? That's it) That goes along with the Parallel Earths reference I had as a running theme here.

Water was a reference to Water World, like Jason said.

Xandau is a reference to the shitty Olivia Newton John film. Hey, you try and come up with names for 28 worlds and still have a good one for X. Biting Which brings us to Yigal- the worlds name is a reference to the video game series "Rumble Roses." My friend loves the game series, and suggested that for Y. (I really couldn't come up with anything else). Hey, I tried to pay people for the names. Very Happy

The world itself is a reference back to Sliders- there was an episode they arrived at a world where women were the dominant sex. In that episode, filmed in 1996/97, where no one thought Hilary Clinton would ever run for presidency in our world. But in that world, she was President.

Finally, Romar, the world explanation, refers back to my Parallel Earths and You: A Tutorial Volume One. I had referred to Fremalak and the Dusapinids, the human/spider hybrids. By the time this guide was nearing its end, I had all but forgotten about that, and nearly left it out, possibly leaving a continuity error. If I hate anything more, it's errors in continuity. In fact, that was the only world I didn't have a plan for, so I guess it worked out in the end.

My idea was that, all worlds, fictional or otherwise, exist somewhere in the multiverse, or Megaverse as we've now established. So the idea was, while this encompassed not only our site, as well as the games themselves and all canons created- but also various other medias. I believe all worlds could theortically exist within this Megaverse of ours.

To finish, as they say, the greatest form of flatery is theft. Smile

EDIT: Jason, I'm a huge Gundam Wing fan, even bigger than regular Gundam (UC) storylines. If it hadn't been Quattro that I decided upon, it more than likely would've been Quatre.
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gundam Wing dominated my childhood. But until just now I never knew what OZ stood for.

Let me see if I can remember...

Aries- Space mobile suit. Dark blue and purple in color.

Taurus- Ground mobile suit. Brown in color.

Gemini- One of the special mobile suits created by the colonial scientists. Precursor to the Mobile Dolls. Specialized in offense.

Cancer- Underwater mobile suits. Red or blue in color.

Virgo- One of the special mobile suits created by the colonial scientists. Precursor to the Mobile Dolls. Specialized in defense.

Leo- Ground mobile suits. Grey in color. The most common gundam in the show.

Scorpio- I think these were the Mobile Dolls official name.

Aquarius- Underwater mobile suit... referenced in like one episode I think.

Pisces- Space mobile suit I think.

Can't remember the rest.

---

God Xanadu screams 80s in the same way the Grease screams 60s. My folks love it, I can't stand it. Mad

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Gundam Wing dominated my childhood. But until just now I never knew what OZ stood for.

Let me see if I can remember...

Aries- Space mobile suit. Dark blue and purple in color.

Taurus- Ground mobile suit. Brown in color.

Gemini- One of the special mobile suits created by the colonial scientists. Precursor to the Mobile Dolls. Specialized in offense.

Cancer- Underwater mobile suits. Red or blue in color.

Virgo- One of the special mobile suits created by the colonial scientists. Precursor to the Mobile Dolls. Specialized in defense.

Leo- Ground mobile suits. Grey in color. The most common gundam in the show.

Scorpio- I think these were the Mobile Dolls official name.

Aquarius- Underwater mobile suit... referenced in like one episode I think.

Pisces- Space mobile suit I think.

Can't remember the rest.

---

God Xanadu screams 80s in the same way the Grease screams 60s. My folks love it, I can't stand it. Mad

Space battle station Libra.

Mecurius and Vayeate were also such references, as they were "Twins," like Gemini. (Which I am)

Picses were also an underwater mobile suit.

You really never knew OZ stood for Order of the Zodiac? It might be a side-story thing or something, but that is what it's actual name is. I'm also a huge fan- I spent so much money on those damn model kits. I still have a five year old GP-03 1/18 scale model I never built- projected build time was something like eighteen hours.
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is I would watch one string of episodes, miss a week or two and then we'd be in a completely different chapter.

Like I remember watching Episode 6, Party Night. Then i missed a couple weeks. Then all of a sudden there's this weird thing called Zero Gundam, Zechs is trying to operate this thing called the Zero System, Relena is some kind of queen of a new kingdom and I was like WTF?

The storyline was undoubtedly epic, but that means you really can't afford to miss an episode.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
My problem is I would watch one string of episodes, miss a week or two and then we'd be in a completely different chapter.

Like I remember watching Episode 6, Party Night. Then i missed a couple weeks. Then all of a sudden there's this weird thing called Zero Gundam, Zechs is trying to operate this thing called the Zero System, Relena is some kind of queen of a new kingdom and I was like WTF?

The storyline was undoubtedly epic, but that means you really can't afford to miss an episode.

Two words: Trowa Barton. Very Happy I had no interest in cartoons at the time, I was too cool for school, all that tween bullshit. Suddenly, theres this deep, emotionless guy, with a weird haircut, who controlled a giant robot with a gatling gun. I was enthralled. I might say, if it had not been for GW, I probably would've never ended up coming to this site. Isn't that a kick in the butt?
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: