TerraEarth Forums

Compendium of Rage- News Stories That Anger Us
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm   Post subject: Compendium of Rage- News Stories That Anger Us Reply with quote

Current Stories

14-year old charged with kidnapping a 3-year old. Submitted by: Jason Tandro
Girl in Medically-Induced Coma After Beating Submitted by: SoulBlazerFan
Attention Walmart Customers: All Blacks Must Leave Submitted by: Jason Tandro
James Brown's Corpse Stolen! Submitted by: SoulBlazerFan
Woman wakes during surgery Submitted by: Jason Tandro
School Spies on Students Using Webcam Submitted by: Jason Tandro
Man with no arms, asked to provide thumbprint Submitted by: SoulBlazerFan
Jeremy London kidnapped, forced to do drugs Submitted by: SoulBlazerFan
World Cup Horns Submitted by: psychokind
Pirate's Mascot Fired For Facebook Post Submitted by: Jason Tandro
911 Operator Hangs Up Repeatedly On Girl With a Dying Father Submitted by: Jason Tandro
6-Year Old Girl Kicked Off Cheerleading Squad When Parent Complains About Racy Chant Submitted by: Jason Tandro

Rest in peace, old avatar.

Last edited by Jason Tandro on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:10 am; edited 8 times in total
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A 14-year-old boy was arrested for abduction after he tried to help a 3-year-old girl in Orlando last week. He appeared on Good Morning America to share his story.

The boy, Edwin, says he saw the little girl alone and looking lost at a Burlington Coat Factory in Orlando. He also saw some women walking out of the store. Edwin thought the child might have been with these women. He took the little girl and went after the ladies. Once the boy realized these women did not know this child, the girls's mother had come outside to retrieve her child. The mother said "Thank you" and went back into the store. Edwin also went back into the store and began shopping for shoes with his mother.

Unbeknownst to Edwin and his mother, the 3-year-old's mother told a store employee to call 911. Police arrived, handcuffed Edwin and took him off to jail in front of cameras and reporters. Now Edwin faces felony charges and up to 7 years in jail.

Edwin's attorney, Natalie Jackson, appeared with him on GMA. She is asking that these charges not be filed. However, even if the charges are not filed, Edwin will have an arrest record, which could affect his entire future. This is why Jackson is also asking that the Orange County Sheriff's Department do an administrative expungement. This would erase the arrest from the boy's record.

Edwin was obviously just trying to help this child. He did what he's been taught to do. Are we getting so jaded and cynical that our reaction to a person in need is to just stay out of it to avoid getting ourselves into trouble? Sure he should have gone to an adult first (which he said he will do from now on), but this is a kid who was trying to help who he thought was a lost little girl. Come on sheriff, do the right thing.

You can go here to see store surveillance footage and Edwin's appearance on GMA.

From: http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978309024

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That story is downright horrible. Here's another real one, now let me ask you: does this scenario sound... real?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/17/jeremy-london-kidnapped-f_n_615636.html
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
That story is downright horrible. Here's another real one, now let me ask you: does this scenario sound... real?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/17/jeremy-london-kidnapped-f_n_615636.html

But I thought Huffington Post was like The Onion. Parody stories, stuff like that.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This story is posted from several different sources all over the internet. Frickin weird.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

here's mine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMxEycuSn0o&feature=related

ban this shit! fuck south africa, I hope they get knocked out in the preliminaries!!!!
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
here's mine:

ban this shit! fuck south africa, I hope they get knocked out in the preliminaries!!!!

Huh. People weren't kidding when they said those were irritating.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
psychokind wrote:
here's mine:

This is what happens when people are watching a sport that's so boring they have nothing better to do.

I realize I'm about to get the tar beat out of me by all the Europeans on the board, but I've never been a big fan of soccer (excuse me, football) Very Happy

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:
psychokind wrote:
here's mine:

This is what happens when people are watching a sport that's so boring they have nothing better to do.

I realize I'm about to get the tar beat out of me by all the Europeans on the board, but I've never been a big fan of soccer (excuse me, football) Very Happy

since us-americans like baseball and football, no european will take this seriously and be offended by it.

and football is not soccer, football is the sport which has nothing to do with "foot" and has no "ball", and you need an armor because you're too weak for rugby Smile
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:
psychokind wrote:
here's mine:

since us-americans like baseball and football, no european will take this seriously and be offended by it.

and football is not soccer, football is the sport which has nothing to do with "foot" and has no "ball", and you need an armor because you're too weak for rugby Smile

Maybe so but at least Americans get to play with guns. Laughing

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like soccer Mad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:
psychokind wrote:
here's mine:

Maybe so but at least Americans get to play with guns. Laughing

haha, touchι! Very Happy
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Big League Stew Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:30 pm EDT

Prompt punishment for Pittsburgh pierogi who piled on Pirates
By 'Duk
So a team struggles through an epic losing streak and its manager and general manager are somehow rewarded with contract extensions in the middle of it.

Meanwhile, a low-level team employee who makes about $100 a month racing around in a pierogi costume says what we're all thinking on his Facebook page — and promptly loses his job.

Welcome to the world of the Pittsburgh Pirates, a team that appears more concerned with curbing criticism of its club than demanding more from the men — John Russell and Neal Huntington — who have sparked it by regularly fielding last-place teams.

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Andrew Kurtz, 24, of New Brighton, one of the 18 men who take turns posing as pierogies in a crowd-pleasing race after the fifth inning of every game at PNC Park, was dismissed by the team Thursday because he posted disparaging remarks about the Pirates on his Facebook page ...

"(His message was) aimed at team president Frank Coonelly, general manager Neal Huntington and manager John Russell. It read: 'Coonelly extended the contracts of Russell and Huntington through the 2011 season. That means a 19-straight losing streak. Way to go Pirates.'"

There's more on the situation in the link above, but let's get something straight: The first rule of being a mascot is that you never break character and open your mouth, especially when it's to criticize the people who sign your paycheck. At 24, Kurtz is old enough to realize that's the sort of thing that will get you axed. You can't badmouth your employers, no matter how small the forum or how consistently terrible the product produced at PNC Park. The Pirates had fair grounds to relieve Kurtz of his duties.

At the same time, the Pirates should have realized that Kurtz had been suffering an arguably worse punishment — being a superfan of a team that has lost 12 straight games heading into Saturday night's contest against the Indians.

And by giving him a reason to finally turn against the team he claims to love despite its inablity to win more than 70 games a season, perhaps they did him a favor?

From: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Prompt-punishment-for-Pittsburgh-pierogi-who-pil?urn=mlb,249782

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

911 Operator Hangs Up Repeatedly On Girl With a Dying Father

This idiot hung up on her repeatedly for "swearing" and then when she came down to make a complaint he arrested her for "abusing 911" which isn't even a charge. This man needs to not only be fired, but he belongs in jail. This is outrageous!

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my arrogant bitch Very Happy her dad lies on the floor, and she says "you're getting sued", "do you wanna lose your job?"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: