TerraEarth Forums

But no... for real... those freakin' vampires!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:20 pm   Post subject: But no... for real... those freakin' vampires!!! Reply with quote

Okay, so I am recording every time I fight these guys to get that video walkthrough thing, right?

I have so far been beaten by those things NINE TIMES!!! Seven as Freedan and twice as Will (I foolishly thought the slide move might help me avoid damage.)

And I have no herbs, so are there any good pointers or cheap ways to get past these guys? I know I have to focus on one at a time, but other than that I'm stumped.

Also I'm using a keyboard, not a controller.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just SPAM quicksave? You are using an emulator, right? Save every time you make an attack/avoid one. Unless you're simply looking to do the fight toe to toe... then, good luck. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have too in the end. Eek!

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I may have too in the end. Eek!

I did that in both Oblivion and Fallout 3 after I did ANYTHING. No wonder I don't have any space on my 560 hard drive- each game I have almost 400 saves in each. Eek!
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If memory serves, you should be able to get in several sucker punches as soon as the fight starts (before they start moving).

Other than that, spamming Dark Friar will be your friend. This boss fight is a wake up call, so you'll probably spend most of the fight on the defensive (that is, running like a coward). Really, be prepared to run a lot (especially from their circling fireballs).

When you see an opening, launch a Friar from a distance, then hide between the walls. You shouldn't be directly in line with them unless you're shooting. Their ground fire won't be a threat that way. When one of them is nearly dead, then you can try to get in close and stab a few times to finish them off.

You should also consider focusing your attacks on one of them; they have a combo attack that hits hard, but they can't use it if one of them is dead.

Last edited by Freedan on Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First mistake: Using a keyboard.

The Vampires are super easy if you have any skill at the game, but I can't imagine using a keyboard! That boss requires constant improvisation as the Vampires move around the screen. It's something that you would have to be a badass to pull of with a keyboard.

Anyway, here's some pointers:

Always be on the move.

Attack mostly from a distance with Dark Friar.

Focus on one Vampire at a time.

When they move to the center, travel to a corner, and immediately move parallel to the Vampires to avoid the attack.

If you attack them directly, never attack more than twice before running. Typically you only want to attack once, then move.

Don't get in a rush! If you battle too offensively, you'll take a great deal of hits!

----
Hope this helps. I think I'll upload a battle video when I have some free time of me doing this on my SNES. Alot of people seem to have trouble with it.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
First mistake: Using a keyboard.

The Vampires are super easy if you have any skill at the game, but I can't imagine using a keyboard! That boss requires constant improvisation as the Vampires move around the screen. It's something that you would have to be a badass to pull of with a keyboard.

Anyway, here's some pointers:

Always be on the move.

Attack mostly from a distance with Dark Friar.

Focus on one Vampire at a time.

When they move to the center, travel to a corner, and immediately move parallel to the Vampires to avoid the attack.

If you attack them directly, never attack more than twice before running. Typically you only want to attack once, then move.

Don't get in a rush! If you battle too offensively, you'll take a great deal of hits!

----
Hope this helps. I think I'll upload a battle video when I have some free time of me doing this on my SNES. Alot of people seem to have trouble with it.

That's how I did it the first time I ever played the game was on a keyboard (ended up getting to Angkor Wat before I lost my save).

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose I could plug in a 360 controller but that's so not SNES. plus the reaction time is a little wonky.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
I suppose I could plug in a 360 controller but that's so not SNES. plus the reaction time is a little wonky.

AND THE D-PAD FREAKING SUCKS.

Seriously. 360 = Worst. D-Pad. Ever.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I so cannot see why people have trouble with the Vampires. Then again, I can't give any solid advice on how I beat them, I just know that I do. Sorry. XD

Spamming the Dark Friar is good advice, I'd go with that. Keep behind walls and launch a Dark Friar as the vampire moves past on the other side of the wall, you'll be out of reach of most of their attacks that way.

Another thing I know is that if you press AND HOLD the attack key, and just flick back and forth between two direction keys really quickly, you should be able to swing your sword repeatedly about twice as fast as you can otherwise do so.

Say, you're standing with the vampire above you. Hit Attack, toggle rapidly between up and down, and Freedan will swing his sword very rapidly up and down. Might help if you do slow the emulator down to halfspeed, you have to toggle the directions pretty fast otherwise. Smile
Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 71,096

PostNurdof Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get to the point where you have to fight them in the Tower of Babel, and they're impossible to beat, here's what I'd suggest:

1. Take your time with them, even if it takes up to 10 minutes. The longer of a boss fight can be one of those challenges in video games.

2. Always keep yourself moving.

3. Go up to them, hit them once or twice, and use the Aura. You shouldn't get hit doing this method.

4. If for some reason they move close to you when you're about done using the Aura, it's possible to take damage. And it hurts. If that's the case, hit them once or twice as mentioned before, then run.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

BOOYA!

Finally got those bastards. And it really was all a matter of patience and keeping my distance. It took my something like 12 tries, but I finally got through them.

My problem is I got complacent after Viper when I could just run and gun, but because of the Vampire's variety of attacks it's hard to do that. I could only get like three hits in before I had to retreat.

Proof!!!

Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
BOOYA!

Finally got those bastards. And it really was all a matter of patience and keeping my distance. It took my something like 12 tries, but I finally got through them.

My problem is I got complacent after Viper when I could just run and gun, but because of the Vampire's variety of attacks it's hard to do that. I could only get like three hits in before I had to retreat.

Proof!!!

Well, when you get to the Sand Fanger, beware of getting complacent again, that giant worm is VERY easy to beat (I'd say it's the easiest boss in the whole game, personally speaking). Smile
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
BOOYA!

Proof!!!

Well, when you get to the Sand Fanger, beware of getting complacent again, that giant worm is VERY easy to beat (I'd say it's the easiest boss in the whole game, personally speaking). Smile

I still think Viper is easier. I beat him in 34 seconds. Laughing

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
BOOYA!

Proof!!!

I still think Viper is easier. I beat him in 34 seconds. Laughing

on the topic of fast bossess... OoT, Queen Gohma... about 6 seconds Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: