TerraEarth Forums

Useless Trivia of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
apparently, the animal that kills the most humans on a yearly basis is the hippo.

Wrong. The animal that kills the most humans each year would actually be THE HUMAN. Rolling Eyes

Smile
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
apparently, the animal that kills the most humans on a yearly basis is the hippo.

Wrong. The animal that kills the most humans each year would actually be THE HUMAN. Rolling Eyes

Smile

allow me to fix up my post. the animal which isnt human that kills the most humans on a yearly basis is the hippo.

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for being pedantic, EverPhoenix. Smile

Due to the effects of gravity bending light, a person in orbit above the event horizon of a black hole, positioned with the black hole directly behind them, would have a view giving the apparent impression that they had already been engulfed by the hole (the entire sky would occupy a small, shrinking disc directly ahead). By the time that they fall to the event horizon, the disc of sky has already shrunk to a single point.

http://www.spacetimetravel.org/expeditionsl/erklaerung3.html (Warning: PHSYICS! Razz)

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point in time, i have exactly 7500 gems. what, thats not a fun fact?

fun fact number 2: i was trying to write a fun fact about decibels, but upon consultation of wikipedia for the minor details, i realised the detail i wanted was too hard to find, and that i had made a mistake. also, it is more YETI's field of expertise than mine Laughing

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

fun fact number 2: i was trying to write a fun fact about decibels, but upon consultation of wikipedia for the minor details, i realised the detail i wanted was too hard to find, and that i had made a mistake. also, it is more YETI's field of expertise than mine Laughing

The decibel (dB) is the SI unit of loudness, even though in most other cases, SI units are not prefixed by a multiplier. The only other SI unit that *does* have a multiplier that I can think of right now, is the kilogram.

And my gem count is currently exactly 7900. Huh, I hadn't been paying attention to that. Smile

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

The decibel (dB) is the SI unit of loudness, even though in most other cases, SI units are not prefixed by a multiplier. The only other SI unit that *does* have a multiplier that I can think of right now, is the kilogram.

And my gem count is currently exactly 7900. Huh, I hadn't been paying attention to that. Smile

true, but not the depth i was looking for Very Happy

i was hoping for the log base 10 fact, plus that it is a relative scale of pretty much anything. its just used for sound for some reason.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

According to US Law, businesses can not refuse any method of payment based on the inconvenience of the tender. Refusal to accept the tender is not grounds to say that somebody has not paid a debt they owe.

That is why I'm going to pay that douchebag the $150 he claims I owe him in rolls of pennies. Evil or Very Mad

Rest in peace, old avatar.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
According to US Law, businesses can not refuse any method of payment based on the inconvenience of the tender. Refusal to accept the tender is not grounds to say that somebody has not paid a debt they owe.

That is why I'm going to pay that douchebag the $150 he claims I owe him in rolls of pennies. Evil or Very Mad

thats just daring him to refuse. where are you going to get them?
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

thats just daring him to refuse. where are you going to get them?

Banks, man, lol.

But no not really. It would be cool though.

My mom did one better. Some company sent her bill into collections.

Her bill was for 10 cents!!!

So instead of letting a dime slide, they screwed with her credit and threatened to take her to court over a dime. She told them that she would take advantage of their payment plan option and sent them 10 separate checks for a penny each! Laughing

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

Whilst that works in the US, Jason, it certainly wouldn't in here in the UK - "legal tender" for us is actually also defined by how much of a given denomination is presented.

For instance, when purchasing goods, up to £1 worth of pennies is considered legal tender, and *must* be accepted by the business. Any more than that however, they don't have to accept. I think it's £1 of pennies, £1 of 2p coins, £5 of 5p coins, £5 of 10p coins, £10 of 20p coins, £10 of 50p coins, £20 of £1 coins, and £20 of £2 coins.

Also a cheque is legal tender no matter where it's written; one extreme case purports that a man wrote his cheque on the side of a COW, and the bank was obligated to accept it. I don't know if that's realy though. Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

Whilst that works in the US, Jason, it certainly wouldn't in here in the UK - "legal tender" for us is actually also defined by how much of a given denomination is presented.

For instance, when purchasing goods, up to £1 worth of pennies is considered legal tender, and *must* be accepted by the business. Any more than that however, they don't have to accept. I think it's £1 of pennies, £1 of 2p coins, £5 of 5p coins, £5 of 10p coins, £10 of 20p coins, £10 of 50p coins, £20 of £1 coins, and £20 of £2 coins.

Also a cheque is legal tender no matter where it's written; one extreme case purports that a man wrote his cheque on the side of a COW, and the bank was obligated to accept it. I don't know if that's realy though. Very Happy

wonder what implications writing a cheque on a human would have if it would take a while to process...
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Smile

allow me to fix up my post. the animal which isnt human that kills the most humans on a yearly basis is the hippo.

so your hippo beats my ~2 million dead moskito? Very Happy

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Smile

Y'know, my guess would've been the mosquito as well. Huh.

If the speed of light is taken to be 1 (as in the system of natural units known as the Planck units), then everything we do in the normal world is really, really slooooooooooooooooooow.......

The fastest man-made object, the space-shuttle, has a top speed of 0.0000258279 (or 1/38718). As I said, slow. Razz

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Smile

mosquitos dont kill people. they transmit diseases that kill people. so, my hippo does indeed beat your mosquito.

@YETI: i dont think the space shuttle would have been the fastest. given that it had to carry a human payload, certain precautions would have had to be taken.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
psychokind wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:
EverPhoenix wrote:

Smile

mosquitos dont kill people. they transmit diseases that kill people. so, my hippo does indeed beat your mosquito.

I bet that 50% of the time the hippo only deals wounds to the human, which will then kill the human over time. so half of your deads are not taken into account then? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: