TerraEarth Forums

Useless Trivia of the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Jase XD I guess if the helmet came off, the short bus would crash... but then maybe he could get a propeller hat!

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
LMAO Jase XD I guess if the helmet came off, the short bus would crash... but then maybe he could get a propeller hat!

Which begs the question. Does he refer to his manhood as "the short bus"... or does his girlfriend?

But then if his girlfriend was riding the short bus, shouldn't she be wearing the helmet.

GOD DAMN I HAVE TO STOP! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:

Which begs the question. Does he refer to his manhood as "the short bus"... or does his girlfriend?

But then if his girlfriend was riding the short bus, shouldn't she be wearing the helmet.

GOD DAMN I HAVE TO STOP! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

dfjgasdg AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
inferiare wrote:

dfjgasdg AHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Dsfargeg. Razz

Jason Tandro wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

While it can be distressing to other people hearing it, it is almost invariably harmless to the somniloquist themselves.

This is not always true...

I had "night terrors" a lot when I was a kid, and to this day I'm still an odd sleeper... I don't sleepwalk as much as I used to, but from time to time I will do it. It's unsettling waking up somewhere else, but it's not that bad.

[Edit: Misread... sleep-TALKING, not WALKING... ]

Eh, I still sleepWALK a lot too, I frequently wake up to find my alarm clock has been disable while I was asleep. Ever since way back in secondary school, I keep my alarm clock a long way away (it's loud, so it still wakes me - usually) so that I have to get up and walk over to it. I do, just not always whilst awake.

But yeah, sleepwalking and waking somewhere different can be really disturbing. Like when I woke up that one time on top of an 8-foot tall pile of jumble stored in the corner of my room when I was about 6 years old, it scared the hell outta me.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The only situation in US currency where a difference of $60.40 is a 60/40 split (meaning that by the diff of this amount one = 60% of the total and another - 40%) is a total of $604, where the two separate amounts are $241.60 and $362.40 respectively.

And actually that's not completely true, since I just added on 10% figure and gave it to one... so this may be impossible... I'm not sure. I was bored and had paper and pen... Laughing

Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
The only situation in US currency where a difference of $60.40 is a 60/40 split (meaning that by the diff of this amount one = 60% of the total and another - 40%) is a total of $604, where the two separate amounts are $241.60 and $362.40 respectively.

And actually that's not completely true, since I just added on 10% figure and gave it to one... so this may be impossible... I'm not sure. I was bored and had paper and pen... Laughing

Nice try.... Smile

While $362.40 and $241.60 DO make a 60/40 split, the total of them isn't $604, it's $577. Smile Sorry.

===================

Using standard US coinage (1¢, 5¢, 10¢, 25¢, 50¢, $1), there are exactly 293 combinations of coins that add up to a dollar (50¢, 25¢, 25¢, is the same as 25¢, 50¢, 25¢).

However with British coins, (1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, and £1), the number of distinct combinations of coins that add up to exactly a pound is not 293, but 4,563. The difference is primarily down to the extra value of 2p in the coinage.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

Nice try.... Smile

While $362.40 and $241.60 DO make a 60/40 split, the total of them isn't $604, it's $577. Smile Sorry.

Um, dude... $362.40 + $241.60 = $604

Long addition style:

0 + 0 = 0
6 + 4 = 10 (carry the one)
2 + 1 + 1 (carried) = 4
3 + 2 + 1 (carried) = 6

And you call yourself a mathimathingy. Cool

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

Nice try.... Smile

Long addition style:

0 + 0 = 0
2 + 1 + 1 (carried) = 4
3 + 2 + 1 (carried) = 6

No Jason, it's 577. Remember, the Brits are smarter than us Americans. Shhh!
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

Nice try.... Smile

Long addition style:

0 + 0 = 0
2 + 1 + 1 (carried) = 4
3 + 2 + 1 (carried) = 6

No Jason, it's 577. Remember, the Brits are smarter than us Americans. Shhh!

Ha ha. Laughing

No actually, I misread the figures. I added 362.40 and 214.60.

*La face épique de palme*
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

True story: I went with a kid who bought a DMC DeLorean. No shit. He paid 3 grand for it, got custom plates that said "88NOUT"

Two reasons he bought the car; It was the car from Back To The Future, and the guy that sold it to him told him it could fly. No, really. No lie.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
True story: I went with a kid who bought a DMC DeLorean. No shit. He paid 3 grand for it, got custom plates that said "88NOUT"

Two reasons he bought the car; It was the car from Back To The Future, and the guy that sold it to him told him it could fly. No, really. No lie.

OMG, honestly? How gutted was he when he found out it couldn't actually fly?

I wouldn't care about having a DeLorean that could fly; now, if it could travel through time when it hits 88mph, now that would be some serious shit. I would buy one of those right away. Very Happy But flying, nah....plus I'm scared of heights. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: