TerraEarth Forums

Pope prophecy religion stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

^ This is exactly why I stay away from religious debates. At the end of the day, nothing gets accomplished.

Except arguing.

Aoiga, Coz... please keep it civil if you're gonna discuss that. I'm sure no one wants to see an argument get blown out of proportion.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dub thee "Mini-mod", Freedan. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I dub thee "Mini-mod", Freedan. Very Happy

I humbly accept this unusual, confusing internship. Cool Guy

eFlare
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 5,813

PosteFlare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

May I remind everyone before it this, or any other thread like this turns into WWIII:

Freedom of speech applies to all sections of this board. Freedom to share your opinion is also present. Along with the freedom to disagree with another poster's opinion.

You can however not attempt to press your own opinion onto someone else that clearly disagrees with you. Your opinion isn't a hard fact; just accept that people will not always agree with you!

Especially religion can be a touchy subject. Try not to insult people when they disagree with you, you wouldn't want that either. And it's incredibly stupid.

I hope you get where I'm getting at.

Last edited by eFlare on Sat May 07, 2005 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

eFlare is so awesome when he gets all admin-like and tells people to not to do things against this boards terms. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

L!3|< 4 F45h4H!11

Very Happy

*Dodges stones*

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
eFlare is so awesome when he gets all admin-like and tells people to not to do things against this boards terms. Very Happy

I know he apreciates that but probably he would like it more if you sayd you have a fetish for board admins XD Yeah I know, I'm becomming too sexy talky like.

Anyways, I checked my post to see if I insulted Aoiga in some way Banging Head I guess not, hopefully nothing that I sayd was tought as that Rolling Eyes

Anyways, the thing that I don't really like, is when someone is Christian because you were raised in that way, and follow it blindly without questioning it. Most of the people who seem to approve church and everything related to God seem to be these kind of people. I feel these people could never really choose. I don't hate Aoiga, I just hate the thingie about not even giving a chance to choice.

I have bitched about this to two Priests already and both just told me that 'God loves all his sons' that 'God is love' and that kind of stuff, never answering my question why in the Old Testament God seemed like he was an abusive jerk many times. I don't want to start a discussion about this because I would rather talk about it with the Priests guys and stuff.

However if Aoiga choosed by himself to be a faithful Christian and accept the church as it is, I congratulate him ^^ since he did something that basicly no one does(some people do, but they are so few, we could count them as nothing).

Also, when I bitch about this to people I get to the point where I say that even if things were exactly like that person's church sayd but you weren't given a chance to choose, would it still make it right that you can't choose? If that person says that she doesn't cares if she is give a choice or not, I leave the person at it. I think they are hopeless already.

On the other hand, if they answer that they think that even in those circumstances they should be able to choose, well, I try to get them to a point where they can choose freely.

I don't care getting in religious debates if I think it's worth it coz I don't care getting kicked in the balls sometimes for trying or getting my hands dirty >.<

I promise that if this seems to get out of hand I will shut up even if I'm left in a not so good position Very Happy

BTW I just logged in just to reply to this post Banging Head
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
^ This is exactly why I stay away from religious debates. At the end of the day, nothing gets accomplished.

Except arguing.

Aoiga, Coz... please keep it civil if you're gonna discuss that. I'm sure no one wants to see an argument get blown out of proportion.
I don't think it's fair to say all religious debates are wrong because one person might insult someone. You can debate without insulting people. Me, my brother, my parents, and my friends do it all the time. On the internet, maybe, but not all debating.

I was raised as a Christian but I do question it. But I still don't understand why this is any of your business though.

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Coz

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aoiga wrote:
Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:

Except arguing.

I don't think it's fair to say all religious debates are wrong because one person might insult someone. You can debate without insulting people. Me, my brother, my parents, and my friends do it all the time. On the internet, maybe, but not all debating.

I was raised as a Christian but I do question it. But I still don't understand why this is any of your business though.

Is not really my bussiness. I mean I could just let you alone and it wouldn't probably affect me at all.

For me it's similar to when two random people are beating the hell out of each other on the street. It's not your business but you still do something about it.

I was raised Christian too, tought I am now Christian I have been pretty close to getting into other religions. I just think that this religion has something that interests me, where most of the stuff from the other religions aren't really what I think that is important.

I think I choosed. However I could just be making myself beleive so, and I would be the embodiment of that which I hate.

However Aoiga if what you wish is to be left alone by me and not to discuss the matter anymore, that would again be your choice and I would respect it.
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:
For me it's similar to when two random people are beating the hell out of each other on the street. It's not your business but you still do something about it.

Yeah, according to the law it is your business [if you live in the states].

Speaking from one Christian to another, it's not really nice to call people close minded. If anyone here ever says that to me again, I am going to go off again.

Yay! I won something!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

As Freedan has said, keep discussions civil. Aoiga and Coz, you guys are doing good to keep it civil, I just want to see it stay civil. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
blueisalive

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

What have I ever done incivil here? Sad

Yay! I won something!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the arguments you and Joan had a while back got bad, but I don't see this debate going that way, so you're ok. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say one thing though, people who act as if they never done wrong or try to pass themselves off as so piss me off. Mad

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 8:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Me as well. Mad

Yay! I won something!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: