TerraEarth Forums

Kingdom Hearts II Info
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:27 am   Post subject: Kingdom Hearts II Info Reply with quote

For those of you who care, the official website has opened. Of course, it's in Japanese. At the main screen, it says "Hajimemashite! Onamae wa nandeshouka?" and a bunch more stuff I can't read (cuz of the lack of Kanji knowledge) but it translates to "Pleased to meet you! What is your name?" In the grey box, it says "Koko ni nyuryokushite ne" or "imput it [your name] here" Put your name in, and click the red button, and you're in.

And from the new trailer on the website, it looks to be amazing insane. Very Happy Hyper

KH2 Official Japanese Website

And so you can get around:

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai
Level 8: Amarante

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

date? Hyper Drunk Drool Knocked out

[Post was truncated by eFlare: Dear god man...don't post like that outside of Spam Central, you look like an idiot]

that was the point, lol. I'll keep that in the spam from now on.

Last edited by Dark Samurai on Fri May 06, 2005 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cool ... too bad i think it wont be quite as good as the first ... dunno why ... thats how it tends to go i suppose Sad
Rom Manic
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 1,000

PostRom Manic Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:52 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone see that awesome movie that was supposedly at the end of the credits after the end of the first game?

I wanna who it was and if it was that silver haired dude.
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kairi in a short skirt...
hyuck hyuck hyuck Drool
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Samurai wrote:
datedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedate

datedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedatedate? Hyper HyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyperHyper Crazy Drunk Drool Knocked out

No date as of yet; my guess is that the silver-haired guy in the special movie at the end of the first game is Riku; and yes, Kairi is cute, lol.

@Muerte: It will be.

Also!

"In an interview with Japanese publication Dorimaga Kingdom Hearts series director Tetsuya Nomura talked about his current projects. With Square Enix opening the official Japanese website for the highly anticipated sequel of its 2002 action RPG Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II for PlayStation 2, Nomura explained that his team was currently putting the finishing touches on the game's main story. The scenario and voice acting were also pretty much done by now. He also commented on the length of the sequel, saying the volume of the story was 2.5 times as long as in the original game. Nomura however also acknowledged that Square Enix might have announced the game too early in its development cycle, leaving fans wondering whether development had been hit by any delays. In fact, there had been no delays and slowly but surely the release date was coming into sight."
(Source: RPGFan.com)

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Dark Samurai

Gems 500

PostDark Samurai Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Whooooo! longer story! thank the gods.

PostGuest Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 2:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0505/game050505d.shtml

Now we can see that kids face (look on IGN and gamespot for more stuff).
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also on the trailer for the game (it's a flash movie, but he's in there).

Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Now who was it here that said disney was evil? Confused

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 3:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably me. But they only have a little to do with development. THey just license their characters to SE to use. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 3:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

and provide voice acting for each corresponding character I'm guessing
Tifu
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostTifu Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooh I cannot wait Smile

Quote:
Did anyone see that awesome movie that was supposedly at the end of the credits after the end of the first game?

I think you needed to find all the secret tidbits to view that. It's always good to get a reward in games for your hard work...

Katey's Quest complete
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 11:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tifu wrote:
Ooooh I cannot wait Smile

Quote:

I think you needed to find all the secret tidbits to view that. It's always good to get a reward in games for your hard work...

Yep. You have to get all 99 puppies, win the hades cup at the coliseum, and seal all the keyholes to all the worlds, including the Hundred Acre Woods.

Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat May 21, 2005 4:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

New info, yo.

From RPGFan.com:

Quote:
At Square Enix's booth, fans swarmed around the Kingdom Hearts II display to get a chance to play one of the many playable demos available. RPGFan had the chance to speak with Square Enix and play the upcoming title. Here's what we learned.

Kingdom Hearts II features many of the same characters from the previous games, along with their authentic voice actors. Haley Joel Osmond returns to do voices for Sora, James Woods voices Hades, Ming Na voices Mulan, etc. The world of Mulan is one of many new worlds in Kingdom Hearts II; another new area will be made to incorporate characters from Pirates of the Caribbean.

The playable demo featured gameplay with Sora, Goofy, Donald, and, as previously announced, Auron. For battles, Sora has a "dual tech" ability with Auron called "Bushido", which happens real-time despite its looking like a "cutscene" attack. We were told that it is "likely" that other playable characters will have dual tech abilities, though in the playable demo, Mulan did not have one with Sora.

Battling has also had a major facelift from the first game. One new feature, currently being called the "situational action" feature, allows Sora to have unique interactions with different enemies and bosses. Above the "attack" option in the lower-left hand menu, there is a "commands" menu: when the option to perform a situational action happens, the name of the action will appear in the commands menu, and hitting triangle allows the action to be performed. This helps tremendously in doing away with the "hack and slash" feel of the previous Kingdom Hearts games.

Also new to gameplay is the "drive" feature, which allows Sora to fight with two keyblades and maneuver much more quickly. The "drive gauge" is filled by defeating enemies, and using the drive takes either Goofy or Donald off of the field. Once switching to "drive" mode, the gauge slowly decreases over time, much like Riku's "dark mode" from Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for GBA.

Graphically, the game looks much smoother and less "jagged" in terms of polygons.

Little was revealed regarding the game's plot, though trailers have indicated that the events of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories will hold significant relevance in Kingdom Hearts II.

Square Enix still has yet to solidify a release date for Kingdom Hearts II, but US fans can expect to have it before the year is out. RPGFan will continue to cover this title as details are released over the next few months.

Means I gotta beat Chain of Memories... Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: