Personal Record?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:58 am   Post subject: Personal Record? Reply with quote

How long would you say it took you, from start to finish, to get to the final boss?

I remember back years ago I didn't own the game, I just rented it so often, that one time, I actually got from beginning to end in under three hours, and I didn't die. O.o; Anyone else have ever done that?

Just curious is all... consider it the SBiF challenge... complete the entire game in under three hours without dying (Or at least get ot the final boss in that time)

I bet that proves how much of a life I DIDN'T have as a youth...

...And still don't. ^^;

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

all i have to say is wow Eek!
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 9:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

3 hours? And you got everything?

How the hell is that even possible?

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 4:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy. When you rent things, you become better and better at the game. It worked for me when I rented Mario RPG. Pretty soon I could get at least to the last dungeon in a day and a half to two days while getting a lot of the secret stuff.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

True enough.... but there's a world of difference between "a day and a half" and "3 hours". I mean.... 3 hours?! Surprised

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it was closer to four... but I got it home around 5 PM... was at the final boss at 8 PM...

Reminds me of Home Alone for SNES. I could never beat the NES, but I had the Super Nintendo version for four days and beat it.

I used to school games so bad. But now I go back and I'm the one who gets schooled. I just tried playing a game (Resident Evil 2) which I used to go through without having to save or anything, and am (currently) on the second disc, still at the station, with five saves. (There goes my A Rank -_-Wink

Anyway... maybe I am wrong... maybe it was closer to 3 1/2 to four hours or something, but I remember I went through it so quick I couldn't believe it. Tongue out

SBiF
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Phoenix606
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,009

PostPhoenix606 Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

dude no way, you would be suprised about how many people couldn't beat soul blazer, people call themselves classic gamers just because they own an NES original Zelda and Tetris. People now days suk at games and give up on the first boss on soul blazer(one of the best RPG's). If you could beat soul blazer you are pretty damn good, now days games have lost their challenge and the average gamer play easy ass games like Halo, Im not saying its bad, though I dont really like it, and some games still do have a challenge and require strategy, Im saying you are pretty good if you beat soul blazer. Soul Blazer isn't really hard as in more people are yahoo's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't beat the first boss in Soul Blazer. He likes to slap me around and make me call him daddy. Tongue out

And I think I'll forever be stuck at the Vampires in IoG. They like to smack Freedan around.

But I'm a classic gamer, simply because I've been gaming since the NES. Cool I've beaten most of the games I own (I say 'most' because some of those NES games are fuggin hard), and I'm damn proud of it.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
I can't beat the first boss in Soul Blazer. He likes to slap me around and make me call him daddy. Tongue out

That's MY job. Very Happy

Quote:
And I think I'll forever be stuck at the Vampires in IoG. They like to smack Freedan around.

That's YOUR job. Very Happy

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

*Smack*

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Phoenix606

Gems 1,009

PostPhoenix606 Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean to insult you, I am just saying that SOME people are posers, they where all of the tricked out 8 bit link t-shirts and metroid t-shirts, then I ask if they play classic games, they say yes, and I ask em' if they beat super metroid(one of the easiest metroid games) and they can't get past kraid.
I wouldn't bet doggin on them but I beat metroid and discovered everything when I was litterally 7.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 6:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Phoenix606 wrote:
I didn't mean to insult you, I am just saying that SOME people are posers, they where all of the tricked out 8 bit link t-shirts and metroid t-shirts, then I ask if they play classic games, they say yes, and I ask em' if they beat super metroid(one of the easiest metroid games) and they can't get past kraid.
I wouldn't bet doggin on them but I beat metroid and discovered everything when I was litterally 7.

Aw, no offense and insult taken. I don't really like those people either. If you can beat the original Home Alone game for the NES (which I can't), then you're an uber gamer.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Is an uber-gamer then* Cool

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I remember when I first played Soul Balzer and IoG. I could get to the third boss on Soul Blazer, but could never beat him. And then Mu was freakin hard as crap. I died so many times I'm suprized the game didn't zap me with it's lazer eyes for sucking so hard...

Now, however, the games are easy. I guess playing them for a decade helps Cool

And, yeah, I hate poser gamers too. (though I wouldn't consider Halo "easy." Ever played it on legendary? Word of advice: Don't.)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really get how everyone thinks Mu is all that hard. I mean, the bosses are tough but I can beat them without herbs, and there are plenty of dark spaces around.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: