Personal Record?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when you're eight years old and suck at video games, Mu is freakin huge. I remember playing it then and never making it to a Dark Space in time. Also, I died anytime I had to be Will for more than five minutes.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
gamechampionx
Level 8: Amarante

Level 8: Amarante

Gems 3,076

Postgamechampionx Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, fair enough. I sucked at all games when I was 8. I couldn't get to the second world in Super Mario Bros.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

gamechampionx wrote:
Well, fair enough. I sucked at all games when I was 8. I couldn't get to the second world in Super Mario Bros.

I've been gaming since I was three- I didn't beat Super Mario Bros. at eight either, but it wasn't for a lack of trying. I just could never figure out that damned last castle pattern- drove me bonkers.

Mu had the vampire bosses, right? They were easy the first time I took them on- subsequent playings varied, I remember one time not being able to beat it and just giving up... kind of like Link to the Past. There was one point in the game, where if you screw up, you end up not having enough keys to beat this castle- and 4 out of 5 times I'd do it, and either stop playing or start anew. I think it was the first castle of the Dark World, but don't quote me on that.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it probably was, it's easy to get lost in the Dark Palace if you haven't played it in awhile, but regardless there's always a way around that. I usually forget to go in the hidden rooms that you have to bomb open.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Prime
Level 1: Huball

Gems 25

PostPrime Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:38 am   Post subject: Fastest Time Reply with quote

The problem I find with speed running through Soul Blazer, be it on a SNES or an Emulator, is that no matter how long it takes you to do everything, the hardest part of the game is the end level. If you aren't EXACTLY level 24, you can't equip the Soul Sword, which you NEED in order to kill the cool rotating block things.

As a side note, I once spent about 4 hours going in between part 2 and part 3 on world 7, Deathtoll's place, just to level up on the squares. Had so much HP, I stood in the way once just to see what would happen. Abso-freaking-lutely nothing. I just got the 'uhh' sounds, and the bar stayed white. Eek!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I always hated the fact that if you beat the game and destroyed every Monster Gate, you were only half of the total levels. Who in their right mind would actually level up to 50 fighting the individually spawning creatures?

Unless the ones in World 7 dish out alot more EXP?

NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

soul blazer always was the most hard game of the three for me.. i didn't found everything, i only have beat the game one time! D: IoG some 3 times and Terranigma some 5*10^7 times Very Happy i think that is the reason it is the easiest for me

IoG also was easy... but the Gem guy was damn dificult
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah...

There's a pattern you can follow that makes Metal Mantis in IoG kind of a push-over.

Lure him to one side, run up the middle, attack, run back, dodge fireballs, rinse and repeat. Use herbs as needed.

sirmiltonofcosby

Gems 18

Postsirmiltonofcosby Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

funny, i was better on th snes when i was younger. i had completed mario bros 3, dkc, soul blazer, and mario world before eight yrs old. i had that giant arcade style controller with th joystick too.
Yet One More Idiot
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Nah...

There's a pattern you can follow that makes Metal Mantis in IoG kind of a push-over.

Lure him to one side, run up the middle, attack, run back, dodge fireballs, rinse and repeat. Use herbs as needed.

Now, y'see, that tactic works brilliantly in Soul Blazer, he's slower and his fireball projectiles don't track you.

But whenever I tried to do it in IoG, those flamin' fireballs would track me and I'd get hit to death by them anyway.
The only way I could find to hit him while avoiding getting hurt was to go onto his side and just Psycho Slide back and forth until I knocked his health down to zero (which requires fairly decent timing and a strong right thumb). Wink
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The first boss in IOG is impossible for me. I'm always dying and getting hit by those fireball thingies even when I hide behind him like everyone says. Even today I hand the controller over to by brother and let him beat it for me Laughing But ironically, I can kill the vampires after dying maybe a couple times.

I never got to Gem's Mansion, though Sad I always seem to miss one gem every time Biting
Yet One More Idiot

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
The first boss in IOG is impossible for me. I'm always dying and getting hit by those fireball thingies even when I hide behind him like everyone says. Even today I hand the controller over to by brother and let him beat it for me Laughing But ironically, I can kill the vampires after dying maybe a couple times.

I never got to Gem's Mansion, though Sad I always seem to miss one gem every time Biting

Really? Castoth should be easy to beat, he's only intended as a warm-up boss afaik, so long as you heal up/save immediately before going in. When his eyes widen, just whack him with your sword repeatedly until it stops having an effect, then running around to one of the back corners. You can't avoid getting hit a couple of times by those flying flaming crystal....thingies, but they shouldn't do enough to kill you, usually.

Smile

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

Really? Castoth should be easy to beat, he's only intended as a warm-up boss afaik, so long as you heal up/save immediately before going in. When his eyes widen, just whack him with your sword repeatedly until it stops having an effect, then running around to one of the back corners. You can't avoid getting hit a couple of times by those flying flaming crystal....thingies, but they shouldn't do enough to kill you, usually.

Smile

he was the hardest boss in the game for me. the rest were rather easy, but he was a royal pain in the ass.

Resident

Gems 8,720

PostYet One More Idiot Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Yomi's Evil Twin Intern wrote:

Smile

he was the hardest boss in the game for me. the rest were rather easy, but he was a royal pain in the ass.

Hmm.

I suppose for me, the hardest is either the Vamp Twins, or the Mummy. The Vamps mostly cos of the damage they can do if you get in too close (and they hit you with those spinny energy bally thingys), and the Mummy mostly cos of just how time-consuming she is.

Eh, to each their own. Smile
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:

Beating Castoth is as easy as multi-tasking; firstly, making sure you have some herbs (if you can get them that early in the game, I don't remember, it's been years, lol), and then, dodging his fireballs as you wait for the perfect oppurtunity to slash his claws.

It took me a couple of times before I beat it for the first time. The vampires are like 50 times harder.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Soul Blazer All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: