TerraEarth Forums

Top Final Boss Themes/ Sets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:57 pm   Post subject: Top Final Boss Themes/ Sets Reply with quote

A good day for music. These are my top 10 final boss themes. THIS was a tough call. I include all tracks that are unique in the final boss set as part of the same, so you will find multiple songs under each heading.

10. Chrono Trigger- World Revolution/Final Lavos

You spent the whole game building up to this final confrontation. You knew almost from the very beginning what you would be facing and due to the time traveling nature of the game you could face him at almost any point in the game (as a matter of fact there was a multiple ending mechanic for just that reason). The final stage also has an awesome background and the sensation that like Lavos himself you are flying through time.

World Revolution
Final Lavos

9. Final Fantasy VII- JENOVA Absolute/Bizarro Sephiroth/One Winged Angel

What an incredible ending sequence. Yeah, I realize the last song has been done to death, but you have to remember what it was like playing this game and getting to the end for the first time.

First, a climactic face-off with the true evil, JENOVA, an enemy you haven't faced since early in Disk 2 and in her completed form. Then up to a three-way showdown with Sephiroth (depending on factors I never fully understood). And finally your best team takes on the evolved Sephiroth in a final showdown. Classic.

Jenova Absolute
The Birth of a God
One Winged Angel

8. Star Ocean the Second Story - Integral Body and Imperfect Soul

The baroque harpsichord in the background of this ever-building piece sets the stage for the final boss with the most inhumane and maddest of the Ten Wise Men. I threw in Incarnation of the Devil as well because that theme kicks so much ass too (it's also a recurring boss theme in Star Ocean, but I think it's best in So2)

Integral Body and Imperfect Soul

Incarnation of the Devil

7. Illusion of Gaia- Dark Gaia

Again, maybe I'm biased, but I love this final boss theme!

Dark Gaia

6. Final Fantasy VI - Dancing Mad

I know it may seem like there's a lot of Final Fantasy in this list, but what can I say, they know music. Uematsu is a genius.

Part 1
Part 2

5. Wild Arms III

The final battle sequence has something like 7 different themes, so I'm just going to highlight my two favorite, the beginning theme and the final theme.

The first theme is a perfect medley of the main motifs of practically every major song in the game. And this was a pretty long game consisting of an introduction and four increasingly longer chapters with different villains. This theme reaffirmed the fact that this was the final chapter and that Beatrice was what it had all been building up to.

The second comes out of nowhere in the middle a VERY long series of battles that occur one after the other. The final form of Beatrice has made herself known and the battle-scarred party faces off for one last showdown. This theme individually is probably in my top 3, but as part of the set it only scores #5

Beatrice Battle
The End of the Beginning

4. Final Fantasy X- Otherworld/ Aeon Battle/Battle Against Yu Yevon

For one reason and one reason only. Otherworld kicks so much ass. Just as Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec was our "wake up call" about how badass Final Fantasy VIII was going to be, Otherworld picked us up and threw us back in our seats for sheer awesomeness. And then to hear that as a final boss battle brought the game perfectly full circle.

Otherworld
Aeon Battle
Battle against Yu Yevon

3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time- Ganon

The greatest Zelda game of all time naturally should have an incredible final boss theme, and who doesn't remember this one?

Ganon

2. Super Mario Galaxy- Final Bowser

This one comes out of left field, no? Well the truth is I haven't beaten the game yet, but I (ahem) "own" the OST, and this piece (like all the music in this game) just blows me away. This is like the music I envisioned during those 8 and 16-bit eras of battles. How many hours did I spend on Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Mario Land, Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins... and of course the original...

Just as the music in Super Mario Galaxy is reminiscent and original, the final boss theme has the feel of a Bowser fight but takes it in an exciting new direction. I love it.

Bowser

1. Lunar 2- Lucia Vs. Zophar, Final Battle W. Zophar

To the person who hasn't played this 32-bit classic you are missing out on perhaps one of the greatest RPGs of all time. I recommend the Playsation port over the original Sega Saturn version simply because of the additional content, but either way the music is incredible, and this is especially prevalent in its final battle themes.

Lucia Vs. Zophar
Final Battle W. Zophar

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:21 pm   Post subject: Re: Top Final Boss Themes/ Sets Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

This one comes out of left field, no? Well the truth is I haven't beaten the game yet, but I (ahem) "own" the OST, and this piece (like all the music in this game) just blows me away. This is like the music I envisioned during those 8 and 16-bit eras of battles. How many hours did I spend on Mario Bros 3, Super Mario World, Mario Land, Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins... and of course the original...

Just as the music in Super Mario Galaxy is reminiscent and original, the final boss theme has the feel of a Bowser fight but takes it in an exciting new direction. I love it.

Bowser

What? Really? Mario 64's Bowser fight was WAY BETTER.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:12 pm   Post subject: Re: Top Final Boss Themes/ Sets Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:

Bowser

What? Really? Mario 64's Bowser fight was WAY BETTER.

Eh, it was okay, but it was too Snidely Whiplash. Very stereotypical evil, but then again it works for Bowser. It was good, just not one of my favorites.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
simkin_belinelli
Level 4: Living Statue

Level 4: Living Statue

Gems 83

Postsimkin_belinelli Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1- gannon n64
2- chrono trigger
3-gannon snes
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, just for the hell of it, let's count down my Boss Themes. These are in no particular order.

LAVOS BATTLE - Chrono Trigger (SNES)

BATTLE WITH GANON - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)

SMITHY 2 - Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES)

GIANT BABY BOWSER - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)

DEMON KING DEATHTOLL - Soul Blazer (SNES)

FINAL BATTLE - Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (NDS)

BATTLE (VS. RED) - Pokemon: Soul Silver (NDS)

ANOTHER SIDE - Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (NDS)

LIVE & LEARN - Sonic Adventure 2 - (SDC)

ADVENT: ONE-WINGED ANGEL [ACC LONG VERSION] - Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete (Blu-Ray)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg! Dancing Mad *0*
Here are some:

Plok [SNES]
The normal Boss theme in this game is also the final boss theme (lol yes). This game may have just some few songs, but they are some of the BEST songs in the SNES! I love this one.

Terranigma [SNES] - Overcoming Everything
Hell yeah! Very Happy I love how this songs changes in some parts...

Pokemon Cristal/S/G [GBC] - Final/Champion Battle (Lance/Red)
Obvious best pokemon song is obvious.

Touhou 7: Perfect Cherry Blossom - Yuyuku Saigyouji's Theme (part 2)
I met and beat this boss for the first time today Very Happy I liked this song a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

While repetitious, I was always a fan of the Final Boss melody from SB... anyone else here with me?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
While repetitious, I was always a fan of the Final Boss melody from SB... anyone else here with me?

i really liked that theme, too. wouldnt be in my top few though.

NoZKeY wrote:
Plok [SNES]
The normal Boss theme in this game is also the final boss theme (lol yes). This game may have just some few songs, but they are some of the BEST songs in the SNES! I love this one.

omfg Plok! that game was hilarious. i never finished it though, the lack of saving was annoying and i never had the patience. i got up to the spider once i think.

anyway, more on-topic.. lets think of a few in no particular order. I wont be posting up youtube links just yet since i am capped

Fight Version 4 - Last Battle (Grandia II)

The Last Duel (Lufia II)

Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)

Overcoming Everything (Terranigma)

probably my favourite would have to be The Extreme (Final Fantasy Cool

i might add more as i think of them
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Heck yes! Did you not see the link on my comment?

Dark_Gaia
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,560

PostDark_Gaia Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wat about lufia 2? most epic boss fight + music ever imo. also surprisingly yoshis island on snes has pretty awesome final battle music
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
NoZKeY wrote:
Plok [SNES]

omfg Plok! that game was hilarious. i never finished it though, the lack of saving was annoying and i never had the patience. i got up to the spider once i think.

Hehe.. this is not very well known.. but actually there is an automatic save in some levels of the game.. when you lose all lives and plokcontinues you can just reset the game and start again from the last autosave level. I learnt that a few weeks ago thanks to the game manual.

Quote:
Gangplank Galleon (Donkey Kong Country)

YES! I would also add DKC2's final boss theme.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I missed it entirely.

Question: I heard there was a vocalized version of Lisa's Song from the official SB soundtrack. Is that true?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I missed it entirely.

Question: I heard there was a vocalized version of Lisa's Song from the official SB soundtrack. Is that true?

Somethin like that, yeah.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
tay120n64 wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I missed it entirely.

Somethin like that, yeah.

You are the man, sir.
This User Has Completed

NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow i had no idea there was such a version o.o Thanks for the info.
[/OFFTOPIC]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: