TerraEarth Forums

The Quest For The Ultimate Game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:27 am   Post subject: The Quest For The Ultimate Game Reply with quote

Ever since the beginning of my budding game developer life (back when I was 12 and made DIY DnD with pad and paper), I always dreamed of creating the perfect video game. But since there are so many genres of games, creating one ideal game would be practically impossible.

Then came Ehrgeiz. I was blown away by this game. All in one CD you had a dungeon-crawling RPG, action fighter, and party games. Now this is far from what I would call the Ultimate Game, but it got me started thinking about what my Ultimate Game would entail.

1. Choose Your Game
---

The first thing about my game is that you would choose how to progress through the storyline. There would be branching plots and each one would be connected to a style of gameplay. Do you want a first-person shooter, a turn-based RPG, an action RPG, or a tournament fighter?

2. Highly Customizable
---

And this goes right down to the bare bones such as how health is represented, to the type of music that plays. Allow the gamer to create their own unique gaming feel.

3. Mini-Games Galore
---

To extend the function of this game, have numerous mini-games, party games and so forth. Probably want them to be separate from the main game, like in Ehrgeiz.

This is just the start, but you get the idea. My dream game is one that has a lot of bang for your buck with variety and customization. What would be the aspects of your dream game?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: