TerraEarth Forums

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:21 am   Post subject: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Reply with quote

Oh yeah, another game that I could play for hours on end. This is probably my new favorite FPS. I mean, I loved Halo and could play that game on XBOX Live fairly well, but Call of Duty 4 has one key thing about it (and I realize this is a common compaint). The guns are REAL. They don't look like Matel products, y'know?

Plus I found that the action is much faster paced in this game than in Halo.

As for single-player (which sadly I'm stuck with right now), I've beaten the game on Regular, and am working through Veteran right now (screw Hardened man, I only played on Regular to unlock all the levels quickly).

I'm stuck on one area in "Hunted" that is kicking my ass. It's just before you get the Stinger, when you're trying to siege the barn with that Helicopter flying overhead. The thing is I've devoted like 3 1/2 HOURS on that one part and three things always get me.

I either:

a. Leave myself open to the helicopter's gunner (65% of my deaths)

b. Get trapped near a grenade and am unable to throw it back. (25% of my deaths)

c. Clear the area and rush into the barn to be killed by one or two guys that hid inside. And apparently they're immune to flashbangs. (10% of my deaths)

It's so damned frustrating! And I'd give anything for a Dragunov, but apparently that'd make it too easy. I can sometimes snipe the gunner with the M4, but that only buys me about ten to fifteen seconds of free time before another gunner gets into position.

Anyways, enough of my ranting, thoughts?

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

cheats/trainer Wink
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out the helicopter pilot with a snipe rifle then clean the barn up with frag grenades.

Don't repeat the steps! Repeating the mistakes is bad! Thinking outside!

I often took out the helicopter pilots with snipe rifle in GTA IV. Easy kills without rocket launchers. Much fun if watching the agents fall to their death! :devil:
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally got past it. I picked it up this morning and beat it on my first playthrough and it was all because of a stupid mistake I kept repeating.

I was playing it too cautious, staying low to the ground to avoid getting shot by the chopper. As I discovered, standing up underneath the metal shelter protects you just as well from the chopper and gives you the opportunity to shoot at the enemy soldiers.

When I cleared the front area, I shot out the gunner of the chopper rushed to the barn, but not inside. I ducked down behind some boxes and let Gaz take care of the two insider for me and then rushed inside before the chopper got back. Then it was a simple Stinger missile work.

The Lesson: Fools rush in where angels fear to tread... and live.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: