TerraEarth Forums

X-Box 360 revealed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

More features on Xbox 360 I find, it become a computer more than a simple gaming console.

I'm sure those Xbox 360 parts will empty Microsoft's bank accounts as Xbox did.
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't count on that. Microsoft's got deep pockets.

Rom Manic
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 1,000

PostRom Manic Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 12:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

In no way does the Xbox360 resemble a computer more than a Revolution.

...Okay, maybe a little more, but only because Xbox is designed by Microsoft. Come on, they revolutionized PC usage as we know it today. They both use Graphics cards (But this time they're both from ATI, rather than nVidia), both using processors from IBM (I know the Revolution is, anyway). And the processor in the Xbox is 3.2 GIGAHERTZ.

And there's nothing wrong with the controls. I play Halo and Marvel VS Capcom 2 with ease. If you don't like it, get the S-pad. It's much smaller and easier to use.

Oh yeah, there's no way the PS3 is more powerful than Xbox360. The 360 is more powerful, will have better games (Stupid RPG fanboys...), and has HALO Very Happy

What more do you want?! Tongue out
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 2:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The XBOX360 will be able to use CDs, DVDs, burn them, play movies, listen to music, and loads of other stuff...

It's a computer, basicly.

The revolution will play games, and play DVDs only if you get the internal attachment.

The controls of the XBOX360 don't seem very friendly.. but the ones from the PS3 seems worse :p

If you say that the XBOX360 is more powerful than the PS3, everybody know you are lying. I bet even Bill Gates will tell you so if he was in public, because you know, in public he can't make lies which are too big.

The PS3 is 2-3 times more powerful than the XBOX360, and you know it. Heck, even when the PS3 was unveiled they made a explicit comparation between the XBOX360 and the PS3, where, even tought the amount of hertz they handle are the same, that is not the only factor that counts, and they demostrated it.

I want the fastest console ever, with the best graphics ever, given away for free, with all the kinds of games posible(all of them 10/10 games of course), inventive and easy to use controls that let my character think what I think, using energy sources that I don't have to care about, work with HD screens, using disc technology that can be read completely in less than 1/20 sec. with a storage capacity virtually unlimited for the next 4 years, with free wireless internet at speeds of T3, with the ability to download games on demand for free.

That's what I want, nobody sayd it was posible :p
TerraHero
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

all consoles are computers Cool

there, now i got you all! Very Happy
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rom Manic wrote:
The 360 is more powerful, will have better games (Stupid RPG fanboys...), and has HALO Very Happy

What more do you want?! Tongue out

*Loves how everyone uses Halo as the example of why everyone should have an X-Box.*

What more do I want? I want many quality titles. Halo is one FPS among many out there.

I'd have to do some searching (please don't make me do that, I'm seriously lazy right now), but I read about the differences between the PS3 an the 360. They're different because of their internal workings and stuff, they use different components. One isn't better than the other, they're just made differently.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,507

Postinferiare Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 1:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows was bought at a garage sale by Bill Gates.

*Runs and hides*

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 6:04 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Windows was bought at a garage sale by Bill Gates.

*Runs and hides*
lol

And the 78 year old guy who actually invented it was killed by Bill in his sleep...

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 7:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

he was? you learn something new everyday

i heard that yeah ... bill gates was searching around to buy an operating system type thing to impress those above him and settled for windows cause thats the only one that was ready on time Very Happy
Coz
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a picture of the XBOX360 with hands on it.. it seems it isn't as big as we tought, as long as the hands holding it aren't exceptionally big eighter...

Rom Manic

Gems 1,000

PostRom Manic Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:
The XBOX360 will be able to use CDs, DVDs, burn them, play movies, listen to music, and loads of other stuff...

It's a computer, basicly.

My DVD player can do all that and it's still a DVD player. And come on, it's microsoft. Of course it's gonna resemble a PC some way or the other. But ultimately, it's a video game console.

Coz wrote:
The PS3 is 2-3 times more powerful than the XBOX360, and you know it. Heck, even when the PS3 was unveiled they made a explicit comparation between the XBOX360 and the PS3, where, even tought the amount of hertz they handle are the same, that is not the only factor that counts, and they demostrated it.

Yes, PS3 will probaby have the best graphics on the market, you still have to pay $400 USD for it. I saw the FF7 tech demo (A remake of the intro for FF7, quite sweet I must say), but the Xbox is sweeter. And come on, have you seen the trailers for Ghost Recon 3? Very Happy

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
*Loves how everyone uses Halo as the example of why everyone should have an X-Box.*

I was kidding (I dislike Halo 2 myself), but it is a good reason to have an Xbox. And there are tons of titles out there that are great. Prince of Persia 2, Forza Motorsport, Splinter Cell (All 3 of them are SO much better on the Xbox, and yes I've played them on the other 2 consoles), Killswitch, Ghost Recon (1 and 2), and...HALO Very Happy

But it's all a matter of preference. While those games may be released on other consoles, they're alot better on the Xbox.
Muerte
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 3:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know how much xbox costs us ... but i wouldn't pay that much just for a/a few/whatever halo games ... and all the other semi decent games i've seen tend to also be on ps2 and it will probably go the same way with ps3
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Rom Manic wrote:
But it's all a matter of preference. While those games may be released on other consoles, they're alot better on the Xbox.

I've played games that were released on all 3 consoles too, and have found that more often than not, the only difference between the games is the graphics tend to be a bit cleaner on the X-Box. There are times where the game is considerably different (some parts missing in other versions), but they're generally the same.

About the controller: It's good to see that the controller isn't the 400 pound mammoth I thought it was going to be. It looked seriously huge in the original photo. Maybe the picture was just taken awkwardly.

Edit: According to GameSpot's rumour investigations, the 360 will be backwards compatible. Here's the quote, if anyone's interested.

GameSpot Rumour Control wrote:
When Microsoft carefully parsed its words about the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility--saying it will be "backward-compatible with top-selling Xbox games." So when Gamesindustry.biz published an article that the console's radically different hardware couldn't support current-gen Xbox games, accusation perfidy in Remond began to fly. "The solution Microsoft has reached is apparently to recompile current-gen Xbox games so that they can be played on the 360," says G'biz. "First on the list, it says, are the best-selling Halo titles." However, Xbox owners we're the only ones freaking out. The usually recalcitrant Microsoft bypassed its external public relations company, telling GameSpot directly that "Our goal is to have every Xbox game work on Xbox 360. You will NOT need to purchase a new 'version'--your original games will work on Xbox 360."

Smart move by Microsoft. There was a lot of question as to whether or not they'd do that, and it's good for them that they've put it in. They'd have a lot of pissed off fans if they hadn't.

Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Banging Head

I wish Microsoft dont do backward compatibility... Why not do it on window XP and old games?

Too much xbox fans for me to hand stupid xbox talks. Mr. Green
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 10:09 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

to many ppl fuzzing about there consoles in general.

Whats the 3th WW going to be on about?

either the operating system or the game console.

i can picture it now

G. W. Bush: Moa, your Gamecube is l4m3!!!
Moa 17th: Li4r!!!111, it pWnZ d4 xB0x
Chirac: Liarz, tze PS3 will rokcz0r your boll0x

Mr. Green

this ones going out to all console freaks argueing about them rather then playing them

YOU SUCK

thank you[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: