TerraEarth Forums

What are you hypocritical about?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:00 pm   Post subject: What are you hypocritical about? Reply with quote

I'm sure we've all done it. We speak out against one thing, criticize those guilty of it, but we're guilty of the same thing. What are you guilty of?

I'm usually perfectly happy to complain at work when someone else is lazy. If they don't get something done, I'm all too happy to criticize. But when I get a little spare time, I'm also perfectly happy to sit around instead of doing something I could be doing. Granted, I do more than a lot of people out there anyway, but the point is the same. I could be doing more, and I often don't. I get lazy. Meh/Worried

Just one example. I could think of others.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:03 pm   Post subject: Re: What are you hypocritical about? Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
I'm sure we've all done it. We speak out against one thing, criticize those guilty of it, but we're guilty of the same thing. What are you guilty of?

I'm usually perfectly happy to complain at work when someone else is lazy. If they don't get something done, I'm all too happy to criticize. But when I get a little spare time, I'm also perfectly happy to sit around instead of doing something I could be doing. Granted, I do more than a lot of people out there anyway, but the point is the same. I could be doing more, and I often don't. I get lazy. Meh/Worried

Just one example. I could think of others.

I'm exactly the same. At work, I'm always getting the work done, and I get pissed when others screw around. At home though- I can procrastinate the hell out of alot of my personal responsbilities. I am trying to get better about that, though.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I try not to be hypocritical. I'm good at pointing it out in others, though.

For me, I try not to procrastinate, but even though I tell others it isn't a great idea, obviously I have a small problem heeding my own advice sometimes. =]

I usually have enough respect for people to not be as hypocritical as I could be. But, of course, people usually don't show that same respect for me.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that being no-nonsense at work and a slacker at home is really hypocritical. I'm the exact same way. Granted on slow nights this job is more like a 8-hour daycare than a work, but still I make sure the job gets done right when I do it, only to go home and veg for several hours.

I know some people who insist on being treated with respect but then treat those same people like crap, so my response is usually to retaliate in kind.

It's hard to say what I am hypocritical of (people are rarely knowing hypocrits) but I'd say the worst is that I tend to say that I hold a particular value very highly and then do something stupid that is completely the opposite of that.

I mean nobody's perfect, but my moral code has been something I have tried, and often failed, to uphold.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mean I slack off at home in my original post (though I do), but that I do at work when I get some extra time. That's what I meant when I go against what I preach.

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypocrites are a breed of self-deluding individuals. They love to QQ about how everyone treats them badly, but don't realize or care about how they treat others.

For one, I know how to take responsibility for something i've done wrong, and then admit I was wrong. Usually, people in disagreement with me don't know how to do the same thing. If they do, it's rare.

A good example of a hypocritical (as well as delusional) person was a situation in which I had a misunderstanding with this person about something, and they kept on insisting I did or was this one thing I didn't believe I was (because there was no evidence for it in reality), so then that person became so angry and flustered at my questioning of what I had done wrong, that they showed that they were really the thing they were accusing me of (by insulting me, when I had previously never insulted them, in any way). It was quite delightful to watch.

Some people are just pussies, and don't want to face themselves, or take responsibilities for their own actions. But I love to show them up. And I usually, always do. =3

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well some people are such arrogant pricks that such attempts do nothing to damage their bullet-proof ego so I hope you at least enjoy yourself. Very Happy

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, indeed. But the ego is hardly bullet-proof. It is malleable, easily contorted and usually very, very, fragile.

An arrogant ego doesn't equal a strong one, it equals an imbalanced one.

Sometimes, some people like to fool themselves into a "superman"-type mindset where they want to be perceived as strong on the forefront, but they are in fact, actually pretty weak.

True of mostly guys, but can also represent some females.

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh just thought of another one. I get bent out of shape at my friends who sit on there ass and play video games all day, but the second I get home from work that's pretty much all I do. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: