TerraEarth Forums

Revolution stuff
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostGuest Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:59 pm   Post subject: Revolution stuff Reply with quote

the Revolution will have wireless, pressure-sensitive controllers that will add a new level of force feedback. "It will be sort of like controlling a game with one of those stress balls," said the source. "You squeeze it and you go faster." The source also said that the Revolution "will also include voice control more advanced than anything seen so far" and come with wireless headsets. He also said that the Revolution will come with an online service superior to Xbox Live--but totally free. "The only way I can describe it is as an internet service," said the poster. "Imagine turning it on and checking your mail on the system. You see previews and demos of DS and Revolution games that you can download. A magazine similar to Nintendo Power will be exclusive to the system, and you will be able to access it on the Revolution?s homepage." The source also said that besides Nintendo, which has at least seven next-gen titles in development, Capcom, Namco, EA, Sega, Zoonami, and Activision are all currently working on Revolution titles. However, the poster remained coy about what the exact "Revolution" would be. "I?m not going to tell you the revolutionary aspect of the system. Nintendo has some cool pre E3 plans for that."

Sounds awesome Very Happy . Can't wait to get it Very Happy .
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice control? That could prove to be interesting, provided they don't muck it up.

Check my mail on my video game console? How much mail do they think I get? I just want to play games on it. I have a computer for things like looking up upcoming games.

But this could be good news for Nintendo; they've been criticized a lot for not having online support (making multiplayer games harder to manage), but now they do have it. Wonder what the fanboys will use to complain about now....?

Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice control?!? One of something deaf ppl hates (some dont learn to speak)....
I hope Nintendo still have better options more than just voice control.
Nintendo DS does have voice microphone inside. It located under left side of touch screen (it look like a tiny hole with word 'MIC.'). Nintendo DS does have strong link with next generation console, Revolution.

Check mail on Revolution? I do get Nintendo Power magazines and newletters via email or mail. What the heck Nintendo doing more things than just 'art of games'?
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 5:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wireless is not cool. I hate buying batteries.

Pressure sensitive is cool, tought it's just refining an old idea.

Voice control is cool.. sorry Dpit..

Wireless headsets is not cool. I hate buying batteries.

I don't get what Nintendo is going to do if they make a web for free. Well they will prove truely that they aren't totally there for the money like Microsoft is at least.

Nintendo has been shut about the true revolutionary aspect because they don't want it to be stolen.

BTW Dpit, a lil out of topic, but do you know how to talk?
Ocie Denver

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 8:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

-on topic-
I dont mind wireless devices if they're use rechargeable battery. Do you notice most of devices start to use rechargeable battery instead of disposable batteries? Wireless mouses, mini to large RC vehicles, cell phones, media devices, or anything's electronic start to use that kind of battery. If you dont want spend on disposable batteries, then use chargeable batteries. I solved my battery problem with first GBA by purchased third-party chargeable battery and charging bay for just $20. I still had them. But I dont use GBA anymore since I bought my GBA SP then now DS.
If you want to get rechargeable batteries, Radio Shack usually have tons of them in different sizes or look up in nearest electronic store. But they're pretty expensive.

-off topic-
Coz: I do not reply on my voice. Learning how to voice seen too late for me since my deaf school (under NC government) getting worse since they spent too much money on others (yes, prisions involved in) than just education stuff. I did notice teachers get low salaries or lack of good teachers. Most teachers retired from their careers. CNCSD, youngest one of three deaf schools in NC were shut down and now part of local college due to worst decision were made by NC governor himself. All left is NCSD (NC's first school since early 1900's) and ENCSD still stand up.
All ppl I usually know disappear from my life since I left NC in late 2001. Now, I end up in unfriendly town where most ppl come for only shopping or vacations.
To tell truth, I wish I had to go with my mom instead dad...I could go to ASD, oldest deaf school in america, located in Connecticut. Mad I blame on one of persons: judge who decide on child custody or who fuck up education system and budgets.

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a design concept that's floating around.

Please, PLEASE let them use this; it rules so damn much. Cool Guy

Ocie Denver

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
Here's a design concept that's floating around.

Please, PLEASE let them use this; it rules so damn much. Cool Guy

Holy....!!! Mouth drops open

DAMN IT, I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!! Love
I like those GC ports and slot...much better.
Level 12: Soul Knight

Resident

Gems 6,017

PostCoz Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:38 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just coz it looks cool it doesn't means it will rule :p

Anyways, Nintendo will do it even if I tell them not to, I really doubt they care about me XD
blueisalive
Previously known as Aoiga

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 1,121

Postblueisalive Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 8:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathpit wrote:
DAMN IT, I LOVE THAT SO MUCH!!! Love
I like those GC ports and slot...much better.

I agree!

It looks... BEAUTFIUL!!!

Yay! I won something!
Thanx raini for the great sigs!
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu May 12, 2005 11:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

settle down ladies -_-
its a game console
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 12:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A very awesome-looking video game console.

If they even go with that look, that is. It's just a rumour floating around out there.

Regardless, the thing could look like shit as long as the games are worth it. Nintendo's games always have been worth it to me, they've got the stuffs I like to play. I see myself buying one. Cool Guy

Ocie Denver

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you notice those controllers had a port to plug in console for charging? No batteries need! I love that feature.

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 3:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I missed that the first time. Built in battery that can be recharged. That'd be a nice addition.

Ocie Denver

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Found out how big 'Revolution' are (and new latest feature):
http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Small console = very portable. Cool Guy

I mentioned in the X-Box thread somewhere that wireless controllers as a standard might be a bad idea. At least Nintendo's included the function that the thing can be recharged right in the console, so there's no need to buy a million batteries.. I don't know if Microsoft has done that.

Sounds pretty cool so far. Cool Guy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: