TerraEarth Forums

Revolution stuff
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Axe Kazama
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:47 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

^ General Consensus
I agree with the majority of what Coz said too, (Tales of Symphonia is too slow, I'd rather play Tales of Destiny 2) except for Mario Sunshine, Raini must of mentioned it twice, because its twice as good!!! Very Happy
but I still ain't playing it, sticking to KH Cool

I'd talk about the other games, but its a lengthy and meaningless
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Tales of Symphonia is a tad slow, but you get used to that, the thing I don't like about it is the enemies you run onto the world map to initiate battle. It isn't the running into them, its just they look bland. That aside its a great game, I just haven't been able to play it and finish it much. Very Happy
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Coz wrote:
7. Zelda promo disks (with Ura Zelda (Master Quest), Majora's Mask, and the original NES Zelda games) >.> Yeah, so not really gamecube games but remakes.

Sega Classics Collection for PS2.... RollerCoaster Tycoon for X-Box... also remakes.

Ain't like Nintendo's the only one doing remakes. Very Happy

Quote:

12. Phantasy Star Online 1 & 2 Not very interesting without internet connection.

Is ANY online game interesting if it's not online?

Quote:

14.Luigi's Mansion Come on, this game is good as an entry game, maybe show it to someone but after playing it a while you get tired.

After playing anything long enough, you get tired of it. It was only meant as a flagship title to demonstrate the Cube's capabilities.

Quote:
22. Prince of Persia 1
23. Prince of Persia 2 I hate the way these two game cameras work. Also there seems to be some sort of problem with the feeling of climbing and stuff. The last one could be just me tought.

Really? I had no trouble at all getting used to the platforming (which is among the best of any game I've played). As for the camera, I only had issues with it in the second one while running from the Dahaka.

Quote:
it's like every Gamecube player knows about most of the Gamecube games.

Of course we do.... we buy them. Neutral Very Happy

Quote:
It was stupid from most players to reject the Gamecube coz of it's looks.

Agreed. Looks don't (or rather, they shouldn't) count for much.

As for Tales of Symphonia, my only problem with that is its low replay value. You're given a kind of "game +" option for your second playthrough, but the main quest is so long, and the novelty of your new abilities wears off before you get through it again. I only made it halfway through my second playthrough before I stopped. Other than that, I have no serious complaints.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
After playing anything long enough, you get tired of it. It was only meant as a flagship title to demonstrate the Cube's capabilities.

As for Tales of Symphonia, my only problem with that is its low replay value. You're given a kind of "game +" option for your second playthrough, but the main quest is so long, and the novelty of your new abilities wears off before you get through it again. I only made it halfway through my second playthrough before I stopped. Other than that, I have no serious complaints.

For those 2 parts:
While its true that everything gets dull eventually I've been able to play Tekken 4 for ages, yes I am still crap at it due to the fact that I barely ever play human opponents and I still find it enjoyable to play ... just not against Axe's family. Neutral

The New Game + feature is almost never as good an idea as it sounds, even with games with multiple endings. I found that playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for a second time rather dull, even though I wanted to see each of the other possible endings. That game is crazy with the levels you can get up to, but thats beside the point. Most of the time starting again with all of your items or at ending levels makes the first few areas of the game boring as far as I'm concerned.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The game + idea in Chrono Trigger was a bust because there was nothing new to add. It was just "start with everything".

It's a bit different in ToS, since you can basically customize it the way you want it. You don't start at the level you finished the game with, but there's a bunch of other options you can use if you want. It's more flexible and interesting than CT, but the novelty only lasts so long anyway (while CT didn't have any novelty to keep you amused).

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, okay, my ToS is still sitting somewhere in the packing since I moved so I'm still nowhere near finishing it, and since Tekken 5 is coming out here finally next thursday I probably wont get much closer to finishing it.

Can't wait for Tekken Hyper
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a "Tales of..." whore, so I liked ToS (I'm almost on the second disk... Atelier Iris owns my soul right now). Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Axe Kazama

Resident

Gems 3,005

PostAxe Kazama Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Tekken 3 for 2 years straight, it was the only game me and my brother played.
Everyday; after school, we'd at least have one match
never lefted our PSX
and if TTT or T4 never came out, we'd still be playing T3
Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, but you's had the ntsc tekken 3 didn't you? the pal one is soooo slow Yuck
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Some news. For GI subscribers/readers, it's old news, but I thought I would type it up anyways.

Quote:
Nintendo Shoots Down HD
No Free Downloads, Either

Nintendo has proven over and over again that it likes to go its own way when it comes to how the company does business. Whether it's backward compatibility or high-definition gaming, the upcoming Revolution system is no different.

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata recently shot down the rumor that downloads of old Nintendo games would be free. However, he did not detail an alternate price structure. Currently, Nintendo is in negotiations for the rights to old third parties titles for the Revolution. Iwata has also hinted that downloaded classic titles may reveive a graphical facelift. Meanwhile, standard online play of first-party Nintendo games (current, not classic titles) will be free, but third-party ones may charge a fee. Nintendo also says it will offer a wireless USB network adapter that can be hooked up to your PC as an access point for your Revolution and NIntendo DS.

Despite the Revolution's enticing offering of classic games, the recent news that it will not support high definition resolution has some gamers disappointed that the systen is at stark odds with Microsoft and Sony's demand that games mandatorily utilize HD. Nintendo believes that the console's games will still look great without HD, and says that it doesn't want to incur greater costs for either developers or consumers. Does this mean that Nintendo will pass the savings on to the consumer at a time when next-gen games are expected to hit $60?

Recently, reported specs leaked online claiming that the Revolution was oiwered by two 1.8GHz IBM PowerPC G5 processors, a 600MHz ATI graphics chip, and a 7.1 digital sound chipset. The platform will apparently have 128 MB of main memory and 256 MB of embedded DRAM.

Whether these specs are true or not, Nintendo is still working on the system, with Shigeru Miyamoto stating that the Revolution's controller is the unknown ace-in-the-hole. Early on, it was believed to be a large touchscreen with configurable virtual controls, while recent rumors say the system's controller will be gyroscope based.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm glad Ninty isn't throwing all the extra bells and whistles on. The PS3 and 360 are supposed to be super-powered home entertainment systems, but honestly.... does anyone use their video game consoles for anything other than the games it plays?

I don't need to surf the internet on my video game console, I have a computer not 5 feet away. And all the extra stuff only serves to drive up the price for the rest of us.

I'm predicting that Ninty's console will be significantly cheaper, and the games will probably go for less than the others too. I'm looking forward to being a 'Revolutionary'. Cool Guy

Samurai Sam
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostSamurai Sam Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Freedan, the Dark Knight wrote:
It'll be a repeat of the Gamecube anyway.... great games will be released, but it'll be oeverlooked, and it won't do as well as it should, because gamers have already made up their minds.

Because they're all graphic whores who don't play the games for THE GAME anymore.

The sad truth. Sad

I HATE console fanboys more than anything. They're just a bunch of ignorant losers who bash what they can't afford.
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true.

There's a difference between fan and fanboy. I won't automatically dismiss the other big 2 just because they're the "other guys".... I've given my reasons for being a Ninty fan plenty of times. And they're actually reasons.

Unfortunately, there's always some idiot that ruins the credibility of all fans. For example, here's how not to make your point.

I can't stand people like this, because they make us all sound that way whenever we bring up graphics as an issue.

I'm glad I'm not a retarded fanboy.

Muerte

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Graphics are great and all, but without a decent game they're pointless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: