TerraEarth Forums

Site History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:34 pm   Post subject: Site History Reply with quote

Hello ladies and gentleman. I want to show you something I found in my internet travels...

TerraEarth Forums: Circa 2004

This is WaybackMachine's earliest version of the forums. As you can see, it is vastly different from the version we have now.

Temporay Forums, Circa 2005

Long time users might remember this- I believe it was during one of the crashes, and we lost the entire forum. I think maybe even our Forum Server closed down or something... Maybe someone could help with why we had to do this, as I can't fully recall...

Last Forum Version, Circa 2006

As you can see in the above link, the forum hadn't changed much until our recent update.

I hope you enjoy these finds... it was certainly a trip down memory lane to an earlier time of TE's history.

(I was intending to include some images of TE Main page from that era- but the site is acting up right now. Feel free to visit http://www.waybackmachine.org to see this, and many other sites, for yourself.

EDIT 1:

http://terraearth.proboards.com

Earliest know version of the forums- and, unlike the above, which only the main page can be viewed, these are still completely viewable! (Thanks to Flamez for the heads up)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09

Last edited by SoulBlazerFan on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo!

Sadly, I joined in '07 and missed out on all but the most recent design.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SBF, check my sig for an ever earlier version of the forums. I'm pretty sure there is also an older one no longer in existence.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i think that if i knew how to use forums and wasn't all about "gosh there are too many why bother sign up" i probably would have been here since 2005 or so... i kinda wish i signed up back then Laughing i would have been... 11? 12? lol
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
i think that if i knew how to use forums and wasn't all about "gosh there are too many why bother sign up" i probably would have been here since 2005 or so... i kinda wish i signed up back then Laughing i would have been... 11? 12? lol

yeah i was similar, i knew of the forums years ago. then forgot, then found them again, failed to sign up and forgot again. 3rd time lucky ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth History All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: