TerraEarth Forums

An Idea: The "TerraEarth Comic"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Comic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxxleman
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 pm   Post subject: An Idea: The "TerraEarth Comic" Reply with quote

A long, long time ago, in a galaxy far far away...there once used to be a TerraEarth comic strip. I'm not sure if anyone remembers them but I think there was a total of two that actually got released. I made them in photoshop, but sadly I no longer have the images or PSD files.

So I was thinking: Maybe we could start a TerraEarth comic strip? I have no idea how it would work, but we should get all the board members in on it somehow. It could have it's own separate website as well - like the Forums and Gallery do.

Some ideas include using the forum members as the stars of the comic strips, and inviting Ark, Will and Blazer and other Trilogy characters to make appearances. There could be some pretty neat conversations and scenarios taking place!

If we could have one comic released every two weeks, that would be good enough I think. I'm not sure of course if they would be hand drawn, or photoshopped, or what...but what does everyone think?

Let's hear it!

Last edited by boxxleman on Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:55 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game for the idea. I assume you would be drawing it?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, like I'm like shaking with the sheer awesomeness. I know raini was going to do a comic of TE:Adventures way back in the day, so we've already seen something like this before. I say bring it on.

I'd say make it a variety strip. Have one over-arching storyling, but then have everybody who wants to send in home-spun strips, be they serious, parody, comic, etc. that get throw in randomly as intermissions.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this sounds like fun. hooray!
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so down for this. Maybe we can get a contributing staff to help with these things? (I can help as a writer... forget drawings, though. Unless you enjoy completely uneven stick figures...)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:30 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
forget drawings, though. Unless you enjoy completely uneven stick figures...

Hey, stick figures are my things. Don't make me sue. Biting

Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all in. We can do funny game references/comments just like CAD, G-cats, and Awkward Zombie webcomics.

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad all of you like the idea. Here's the old comic TerraEarth used to have. How many of you remember this?

http://web.archive.org/web/20030205083604/www.terraearth.com/comic/

Yeah, it's too bad you can't view the comic itself. Does anyone happen to have them saved on their HD...?

Anyways, I'll let all of you get ideas for the comics. If you want to be "in" the comic as a character, please give a description of your character in a reply to this thread. I will gather everything at the end and come up with a nice list of everyone. Game-Characters will of course have a personality that is decided upon and agreed upon all of us.

As far as drawing goes, I think we will need 2-3 main drawers, or perhaps even just 1 - whoever has a lot of time and is decent at drawing. Stories will be made up by whoever is making the comic. For instance - say I want to do the first comic - I submit my story to the drawer, he/she draws it and then it goes online from there. We will rotate every week for that person's comic to be released. (This way, we can produce a LOT of comics without getting burnt out with ideas, we can also section off each other's comics by authors)

Please note - This is going to be a huge project to undertake. I want to get TEV3 100% done, including the redesign of the Gallery, before I even TOUCH this. So let the characters flow, and I'll check back at this thread in a couple months to put the website together.

By the way...I thought all of you would enjoy Lisa's description (as taken from the previous TerraEarth comic website):

Name: Lisa
Favorite Food: Corn
Bio: Lisa is my name, and I'm in the Super Nintendo game called Soul Blazer. Want to know something? You all know that spiffy dream rod that Blazer uses, right?...ok good. Well anyways sometimes he doesn't do nice things in my dreams. He abuses me, and makes fun of me. So in other words Blazer is a real jerk, and I hate him! In the game I'm supposed to love him in the end, that is so not true!
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:07 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we'll do like a six panel, quasi-newspaper style comic?

Uhm...

I'll think of my character later... brain is still fizzled from work.

I remember we did the History discussions topics Jason did... ...Wouldn't it be cool to have a sort of comic "Staff" forum to discuss the comics in so it's not public knowledge beforehand what the comics will be about?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
boxxleman

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Uhm...

I remember we did the History discussions topics Jason did... ...Wouldn't it be cool to have a sort of comic "Staff" forum to discuss the comics in so it's not public knowledge beforehand what the comics will be about?

I'll move it to the Members Only board for now. Perhaps once the comic is released I'll create a Comic Central board.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

boxxleman wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

Uhm...

I'll move it to the Members Only board for now. Perhaps once the comic is released I'll create a Comic Central board.

Just put a Sticky topic in TerraEarth Fanworks.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I mainly meant put the COMICS THEMSELVES in this board, but this belongs here too, I guess Razz

Manibrandr System

Gems 6,953

PostManibrandr System Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just asking, what would the setting be? Would it be a modern urban setting, or would it be the setting of the TE Adventures Stories?

I would love to help with it, but my hands are already tied up storyboarding a lesbian bondage comic of my own involving squirrel girls.

Last edited by Manibrandr System on Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
boxxleman

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Valerie Valens wrote:
Just asking, what would the setting be? Would it be a modern urban setting, or would it be the setting of the TE Adventures Stories?

I'm guessing both. Whatever the author for a particular comic wants to come up with.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

did anyone ever see this one? http://autocon.jameshayes.net/comics/tc/tc_01.php

(mainly for archieving purpose Very Happy )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> TerraEarth Comic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: