TerraEarth Forums

‘Douche du Jour’: Judge Advocates “Corrective Rape”
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
@tay/MPB: Yes, words can hurt. For two seconds. Then we get over it. Actions have LASTING consequences. I don't care if you get upset about somebody's opinion of you, deal with it, it's a part of life. As long as your freedoms aren't restricted or you aren't harmed, then you'll be fine.

@psychokind: Yeah, and that all TOTALLY would have happened if he wasn't made the DICTATOR of Germany and given the POWER to DO whatever he wanted.

You know what's interesting psychokind? A lot of Hitler's generals didn't like the idea of the Holocaust; it detracted from their military resources.

you see the power hitlers words had? also, the words made him dictator. furthermore:
Quote:
then just take the example with market vacillations caused by rumors, by all means Very Happy

here you can see lasting consequences caused by words.

to the 1st point: try thinking of mobbing, you can achieve longterm damage in an individuals conscience and subconscience. I can tell quite a couple of stories of classmembers who were mobbed till they had to leave class (4 to be exact), one suffers until today.
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, words can hurt. If someones words are strong enough, the person behind them can get people to do what he wants- look at Charles Manson. He never killed a single person- his followers did- but they did because he had told them to.

I disagree about words hurting. I'll give you a perfect example;

My sister and step sister were in a bitter argument. In the heat of the argument, my step sister said something pretty awful. In rebuttal, my sister said to her, "At least both of my parents are still in the same country."

My step sisters biological father was deported because he was a thief, and now, has a new family and wants nothing to do with her, basically telling her he'd sooner forget her than even spend an hour on the phone with her every month.

I disagree- words don't hurt for two seconds, they can hurt for a lifetime.

Quote:
Don't forget that there are situations when people are genuinely hurt by words.

Never truer words spoken. I'm not going to get into the details of it- but I will say something was said to me recently, a certain truth about me, that I never knew. It was seriously damaging to me, and I am still attempting to cope with this knowledge I wasn't supposed to know in the first place.

Yes, I agree- there are some things said that hurt for a bit and go away. Others, though- take a bit longer to deal with.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: