TerraEarth Forums

Back To The Future: The Game!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:09 pm   Post subject: Back To The Future: The Game! Reply with quote

Wikipedia Article

This is no joke- Telltale Games is making a Back To The Future game, set to release on PC/MAC this month, followed by a PS3 and iPad release probably next year.

The story is set 6 months after Part 3, and will continue the story past the original trilogy. Apparently, everyone is on board. Christopher Lloyd is set to reprise his role of Doc Brown, and the original actor who played Mr. Stickland (James Tolkan). Michael J Fox agreed for the studio to use his likeness, but was unable to do the voiceover work. They have a new comer taking over his role- and he sounds remarkably like Fox did back during that time. Another noteworthy mention is original co-screenwriter/producer, Bob Gale, worked with the studio as a consultant, and some ideas originally planned for the second film may be used. (I'm thinking this is talking about the 60's, with Marty's parents) The game has a very stylized look to the characters.

The story will be told in five parts, and will be an episodic adventure. A free voucher for the first episode is available on the BttF Blu Ray set, if anyone has gotten that.

Discuss.

EDIT: Heres The Official Site
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

the movies sucked ass
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
the movies sucked ass

You are a sad, Godless child. Mad
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:51 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
the movies sucked ass

Shun the non believer!

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
the movies sucked ass

Sometimes psychokind's bluntness makes me lol. This is not one of those times Sad

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

alright alright Very Happy

don't take me too serious, it's just that this movie has neither revenge, violence nor a unfunny not-talking hero. and that's what I need for a good movie^^
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:06 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

don't take me too serious, it's just that this movie has neither revenge, violence nor a unfunny not-talking hero. and that's what I need for a good movie^^

...-.-;

Well, considering Doc Brown gets show to death in the first ten minutes, I'm pretty sure that negates your violence arguement. Revenge is good, especially when George McFly knocks Biff Tannen out with one punch. As for the unfunny heroes... come on! Marty McFly is the man! Very Happy

Did you hate Terminator 2? That movie filled all of those categories except the unfunny non-talking hero role. Surprised
This User Has Completed

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:45 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
psychokind wrote:

...-.-;

Well, considering Doc Brown gets show to death in the first ten minutes, I'm pretty sure that negates your violence arguement. Revenge is good, especially when George McFly knocks Biff Tannen out with one punch. As for the unfunny heroes... come on! Marty McFly is the man! Very Happy

Did you hate Terminator 2? That movie filled all of those categories except the unfunny non-talking hero role. Surprised

I LOVE terminator 2, as you said it's a nice example for a good movie. arnold schwarzenegger is only a funny hero in the american version, in germany he has a normal voice without stupid austrian dialect.

and violence is only "violence" if it takes at least 60% of the movie and has a certain intensity Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: