TerraEarth Forums

How's your Winter shaping up?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:25 pm   Post subject: How's your Winter shaping up? Reply with quote

It's that time of year again, when white shit falls from the sky and we freeze our nads off. Or for the women, the.... female equivalent of nads. Whatever.

So, what has your Winter been like so far?

I actually can't complain too much. Aside from maybe one or two bad days, we've gotten very little snow, and while it's still quite cold, it hasn't been ball-numbingly freezing. I seem to be in a fortunate position where I live; my city is kind of tucked away in the middle of the surrounding cities in a nice little pocket. Storms that are heading our way will literally divide, pass us on both sides, then reunite on the other end.

Some of the nearby cities have been buried under snow in recent weeks. One city got more snow over 4 days then they did all of the previous Winter. Snow at least a few feet high, probably a couple of meters... cars disappearing, and virtually the entire city shut down (schools, buses, businesses). And they're only a few hours away from here, where we currently have no snow on the road at all.

I've also been told by someone at work (he's an idiot though, so I can't vouch for it's validity) that we're supposed to have positive temperatures by next weekend. In late December - early January. Pretty much unheard of around here.

This is the kind of Winter I could live with quite well. I'd like to shake Global Warming's hand right now.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm pretty sure up until today, we only had to minor flurries. And by minor, I mean nothing even stuck, and it didn't last for more than an hour.

But that was before today. Supposedly, we're getting hit with a Blizzard over here- right now we're at roughly three inches of snow. Unfortunately, unlike last year where I lived on the same road as the chief of police, I live on the backiest of back roads, so no plow in sight. I'm also scheduled to work tonight, but we'll see.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor flurries yesterday. Mostly cool-ish to cold weather (High Temp 40F-50F). Ironically on the first day of Winter (21st) it was almost 70F. Seriously? Arkansas is crazy.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

over down here, we've got weather equivalent to that of spring Mad there hasn't been a single cold day since october or november, and the worst we've gotten is some rain, and some fog... highest? 80 degrees

this has got to be the warmest christmas ever. whereas away from the circle of cities that lack weather, everywhere else got monsoons, blizzards in the mountains up north...

it ain't fair Crying or Very sad otherwise, it's been a normal winter...

if winter's been lukewarm... it better damn well snow in the summer Biting
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

we had a beatiful white christmas Smile

as long as I have holidays there's no need for me to drive a lot, but over the festive period with a lack of snow shoveling, it's a real pain in the ass to drive Mad

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

even though its summer here we've been getting pretty shit weather. close enough to what winter is usually like here (clouds, rain ~20 deg C days)
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that minor snowfall I had been promised didn't happen. What did happen is roughly THREE FEET OF SNOW outside. It's so bad, I can't even open my front door. Pictures later.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
even though its summer here we've been getting pretty shit weather. close enough to what winter is usually like here (clouds, rain ~20 deg C days)

20 degrees is pretty much perfect weather around here (minus the rain). I might even like it a couple degrees cooler, with a nice breeze going.

I remember meeting an Aussie here once, and she was horrified at how cold it was (-8 at the time, with a light dusting of snow on the ground). I told her to wait until late January, when it really gets cold (-30 or lower with the wind chill).

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

Your in Adelaide correct? Do not fear! we are going to double in temperature tomorrow! from 20 degrees Celsius to 40! yay!

..bring on winter!

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

...thank god im going to my friend's place for new years. he has a pool.

and.. seriously, where was this a few days ago when i was up the river? >_<

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

what's this? 49 degrees? potential sleet? colder weather?? Surprised

good golly geez! WHAT is going on?? were the 4 crystals stolen again??
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, hate snow.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
Bleh, hate snow.

I hate snow now, which is sad.. I used to love it. (Especially the part about school being cancelled- I'd huddle in front of the TV waiting to see my school being closed)

That, and snowball fights were fun.
This User Has Completed

Mantaray

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

speaking of snow, the weirdest thing happened today. it snowed a little Eek! that NEVER happens over here

i dunno what's happening, but those few minutes made my vacation Very Happy this reminds me what happened in the second pokemon movie...
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

sora-mage wrote:
this reminds me what happened in the second pokemon movie...

random pink dude with a clam on his head talking to you, telling you to save the world?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: