TerraEarth Forums

The mystery that is the woman mind.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:45 pm   Post subject: The mystery that is the woman mind. Reply with quote

All right, something a little weird happened to me at school some days ago. It doesn't bother me, but I am but a man trying to figure out the mystery that is the woman mind.

So here's what happened:
In class, we had some old professor doing a rather failed attempt on getting to know the names of the 90 students of my class. He wanted us to write our names on a piece of paper and put it on our desks. Half of the class of course didn't bring any paper, and started asking their neighbors for some paper. I was sitting next to a girl that I'd never seen before (happens a lot when there are 90 students in your class). The guy next to her on the other side asked if he could have a paper from her. She smiled and said "Sure", and gave him one. All right, she has paper, I thought. "Can I have one, too?" I asked. But instead of smiling and saying "Sure" like she did to the other guy, she stared right in front of her, as if she didn't hear me. I was about to ask again, when she ripped out a paper and pushed it my way without even looking at me. Then some other guy asked her, and she smiled again, but said she was out of paper.

It made me wonder why she smiled to the other guys but acted so cold towards me. She looked like I had forgotten her birthday or something... I came up with several theories, but I scrapped them all.

1. She was (almost) out of paper
After she had given me a paper, another guy asked for one as well, but she was out of paper. Maybe she didn't feel like giving out her second last paper either. I settled on it for a minute, but 5 minutes later she pulled out another block of paper and started writing in it. She wasn't out of paper, dude.

2. I was very unattractive
Maybe she thought I was SO ugly that she didn't even want to look at me. I'm no handsome guy, but honestly I wouldn't call myself ugly either. More average. Some girls have acted like bitches towards me because they thought I was ugly, so I didn't immediately scrap this theory. But the guy next to her was fat with curly hair. I have nothing against fat people, but I do believe that women find that less attractive. She didn't seem to think HE was ugly.

3. She knew the other guys, that's why she smiled at them
Maybe the other two guys were her friends, which was why they didn't get the Cruella treatment. But a minute later the professor pushed a Say-the-name-of-the-person-to-your-left-game on us, and I heard the curly hair guy that sat next to her say "I don't know your name". Scrapped.

4. I smelled bad
I thought that might have been it. I of course couldn't check out my armpits in the middle of the class, so I left it at that. I went the whole day thinking I smelled bad. Until I came home, when my girlfriend hugged me and said I smelled nice Smile Scrapped.

Anyone got any more ideas?Razz
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

she hates you because you said sth bad before thinking she wouldn't witness?
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

The thing is, I had never seen her before so I don't know how I could have offended her 0.0
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:
psychokind wrote:

The thing is, I had never seen her before so I don't know how I could have offended her 0.0

Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Often times the "mysteries" that we think exist in the opposite gender are really not mysteries ... they just involve knowing about the human mind in general.

Maybe she didn't smile at you because everyone was asking her for paper, and she was to busy to smile?

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that was it since she acted like she was ignoring him before she shoved paper at him.

Though the unattractive thing might be viable. Girls find weird things attractive (well, ok, not weird things) about guys so I'm not sure if something about you to her was just not right in her mind. I don't get girls either and I AM a girl.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe since you asked right after the other guy, she was pissed that everyone seemed to be asking her for something.

Do you know if she was actually out of paper? Because after being asked a third time, she may have just faked a smile and lied to avoid handing out more.

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe she was pissed/annoyed about giving out all her paper? lol

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew an attractive girl that liked fat guys. I'm fat, but I mean Fat Albert fat.

That said, she might've been annoyed that everyone was asking her for paper. Afterall, you were all in a classroom, so why didn't the three people around her have paper when they knew full well they needed to be in school? It could just be she was annoyed that not a single person around her had brought paper with them to school?

Either that, or you're one brutal lookin' dude. Razz
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan and SBiF have some good ideas there.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be that it was because of how you asked. Someone turned to her and asked for a piece, then, instead of asking for a piece separately or turning to another person and asking, you said "Can I have one, too?"

Almost as if you were entitled to it, or as if you were a part of their, albeit brief, conversation. Its mildly arrogant and presumptuous to ask a favor like that. I imagine it annoyed her quite a bit, especially given the validity of your observations.

FYI: I'm not meaning to be an ass or anything, but more than likely, this is what was subconsciously going through her mind.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
My guess would be that it was because of how you asked. Someone turned to her and asked for a piece, then, instead of asking for a piece separately or turning to another person and asking, you said "Can I have one, too?"

Almost as if you were entitled to it, or as if you were a part of their, albeit brief, conversation. Its mildly arrogant and presumptuous to ask a favor like that. I imagine it annoyed her quite a bit, especially given the validity of your observations.

FYI: I'm not meaning to be an ass or anything, but more than likely, this is what was subconsciously going through her mind.

Could be that. Also, not everyone is always entitled to smile and give out free paper.

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:23 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that is just... weird. maybe it was the way you said it? tay might be onto something. i dont think her not having any paper would be an issue.

or... was something else going on in the room at the time? maybe she was just focusing on something else.

...bah, girls confuse the shit out of me.
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

She was indeed out of paper at first, but 5 minutes later she pulled up a clean block again. It seems childish to me that she'd be annoyed because of the actual loss of sheets...

The way I said it? That might be true. Very childish, but possible nonetheless. I always get nagged at for saying things "the wrong way" to my girlfriend. You're not supposed to say sorry, but sorry.

@EverPhoenix, the only thing going on in the classroom was that the professor tried to make his computer work. Really, when I asked her for a paper her face just darkened, as if I had killed her dog or something.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm absolutely certain it was the way you asked.

And women aren't complicated at all. At its core, psychology is psychology, and its more beneficial to know how an individual thinks regardless of gender.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: