TerraEarth Forums

Kids

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your Opinion of Kids
I love kids and want children
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
I love kids but don't want children
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I don't like kids but my own children would be different.
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
I don't like kids and don't want children.
30%
 30%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:51 pm   Post subject: Kids Reply with quote

So it's no secret to most of you that I used to teach kids about filmmaking back when I was in High School and a few years after. I know a lot of people who aren't exactly fond of kids and while they can be annoying, they're kids. It's an occupational hazard.

Anyways the purpose of this discussion is two-fold. First is to get your general feeling on children and the second is about whether or not you would want to have children of your own.

For my part, I like kids, and I want to have my own children. Not any time soon, mind you, but down the road maybe I hook up with somebody and we start a family.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as Im going to be a teacher I guess I better love kids (in an entirely teacher professional way), because there is a lot of the annoying little buggers in my future Laughing

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:03 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

no children = self selection. I like my gene pool, so I need children. and I like children (did a lot of voluntary work with children) because it's awesome to see how children of miserable parents can improve and be formed under the hand of somebody with common sense.
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really fond of kids, but I'd really like to have some of my own. If you raise a kid you're bound to love it and it'll become a major part of your life. The idea of having kids that I can pass my ideals on to is very appealing, specially because about nobody I've ever known agrees with me. That might make them just as weird as me, though. Laughing
Seeing yourself in your kid is probably hella awesome. My girlfriend really likes kids and she always says she wants some. We're both too young for that at the moment (20 and 18 ), but later we'll surely get kids Smile We just passed our 2,5 year anniversary, wohoo!

It's probably arrogant of me to think, but I think I'll be a great dad.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love children. When I was in high school I took part in a lot of church activities that involved the younger crowd. I try to spend as much time as I can with my younger sisters, two of which are still children.

I can't wait until the day I get to raise a family of my own, but I don't plan on doing so until I'm at least 28-ish.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I'm around kids they have a tendency to give me these nasty looks and, on occasion, bite me. Heck, one kid was into karate and tried to beat me up.

That said, I can't stand the little annoying brats and, at this juncture in my life, I couldn't see wanting them. And not to say this happens to eveyone who does, having children at too young an age ruins your life. I've seen it personally many times.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids are ok, for the most part I guess. I don't really know anything about kids, and haven't exactly spent much time around them. But apparently, I was pretty good with a friend's kids (her younger daughter particularly, who seemed fascinated with me.... as fascinated as a 1-year-old could be).

I'd like to have kids some day. I'd make good and damn sure that my kids wouldn't grow up to be selfish, entitled little assholes.

Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

in general, i dont like kids all that much, but knowing them as people makes me think otherwise. it annoys me as heck when they try acting like teens with their purses and lipstick or whatever..

i definitely dont want children because for one thing, i'd be a half-arsed mother. and i certainly dont need little chaotic duplicates of my personality running around. teaching them to walk and talk might seem fun at first, but once they get older with their attitudes, raging hormones, keeping them in line, that would drive me crazy. and then THEIR kids... ugh.

maybe one day if i change my mind, i'd adopt. (birth = x_x) but it'll be highly unlikely.

it also gets on my nerves when people think they're required to have a child just because everybody else has one or 5. i mean, when they actually do want some, go right ahead. but wanting just because they see it in movies and whatnot is ridiculous.

[edit-- just cause i think it's interesting how my viewpoints changed. iv'e actually had more experience with kids since then. if i ever do have any of my own, it think it'd make me a better person overall.

Last edited by Mantaray on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont mind kids that much. sure, they can be annoying as all hell. but so can anyone. you dont need your own kids to get annoyed.

that being said, id like to have kids eventually. not anytime soon, but still.
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I like well-mannered kids, but I chose:

I don't like kids but my own children would be different.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
PaGaN3l3m3nts
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love kids and have wanted some for a long time. But, gotta' find the right mother first, and that's the tricky part.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Interests Board All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: