TerraEarth Forums

Awesome Sequels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

chrono trigger - chrono cross
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
No one thinks Halo 3 was better than Halo 2? Sure, they overloaded the weaponary on the maps, I mean, who needs two shotguns, two maulers, four spikers, two snipers, rockets, and a sword on the Pit? Then again, Grifball was incredibly awesome on H3, so that takes the cake for me.

Also, not sure if you'd consider it a sequel, but Halo 3: ODST was awesome. And lets not forget about Reach, while a prequel of sorts, blows the other games out of the water.

Halo 3 was so bad I lost interest in the franchise completely. The customization in multiplayer was astounding, but the campaign was crap. Also, while the barrier-for-entry in multiplayer was far more user-friendly than in Halo 2, it also gave the game less depth. It was trying to be Halo 1, and it failed miserably. I hear Reach is good, but at this point, I don't care anymore.

Eh, 3 was the first one I got into. Yeah, I'll give it to you, the story was less than stellar... but the multiplayer was alot better than you give it credit for, especially later when they added different playlists for all different types of gamer preferences. It was addictive (At least for me) and at times, very heated.
Did you ever get to play Grifball? I think it's one of the most intense and fun gametypes... and it really has nothing to do with Halo whatsoever. And watching Halo being played at the pro level- my friend is working his way into building himself into an MLG player for Reach- you see some of the most incredible games from those guys.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
subjectnamehere
Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 6,064

Postsubjectnamehere Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:09 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Fortress Classic - Team Fortress 2

TF2 was arguably the first proper game in the series, since TFC is just a remake of a Quake mod. It's an excellent game to play with friends.

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Last Window: The Secret of Cape West

A sequel that improves a lot from the first game in pretty much every way possible. It's the last game made by CiNG, and their best one.
PaGaN3l3m3nts
Level 7: Raiden

Level 7: Raiden

Gems 1,022

PostPaGaN3l3m3nts Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:41 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Zelda II. Screw the haters, it's still my fav.

Arc the Lad II. When I discovered these games, it was great. The first game was like an SNES-spirited game made on a 32-bit console. Then Arc the Lad 2 follows it up, turning everything to 11, and twisting it into an awesome SRPG among the greats of the PSX era.

Resident Evil 4.

...I'm a little sad that I can't think of anything current-gen that seemed like a mind-blowing improvement.
Binarynova
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 74

PostBinarynova Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo II is a great example of how a sequel can really make a series. And on top of that D2: Lord of Destruction is still one of the best expansions of all time. It changed the game so completely that starting over felt like a whole new game. Man... those were the days.

Assassin's Creed II is one of the few sequels that manages to be everything the first game is but do it better. Assassin's Creed is easily my favorite recent series. Story, gameplay, characters, it's all spot on.

LoZ: A Link to the Past - Best of series, and in my mind it's the epitome of the Zelda story. If someone were to ask me to describe what Zelda is all about I'd pretty much rip off LttP. Smile

Super Metroid - Similar to how I feel about LttP, I feel that Super Metroid captures everything that makes Metroid what it is and rolls it up into a perfect package.

Metroid Prime (only the first one) - I have to mention this here because I feel that Metroid Prime was one of the best transitions of a 2D series to a 3D title. Sure it's in a first-person perspective but it just FEELS like Metroid. Great game. Sometimes I'm tempted to pick up a used Gamecube just to play this again.

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys - Whether we're talking about the SNES version or the PSP re-release called Oath in Felghana, Ys III is my favorite in the series.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Binarynova wrote:
Diablo II is a great example of how a sequel can really make a series. And on top of that D2: Lord of Destruction is still one of the best expansions of all time. It changed the game so completely that starting over felt like a whole new game. Man... those were the days.

Assassin's Creed II is one of the few sequels that manages to be everything the first game is but do it better. Assassin's Creed is easily my favorite recent series. Story, gameplay, characters, it's all spot on.

LoZ: A Link to the Past - Best of series, and in my mind it's the epitome of the Zelda story. If someone were to ask me to describe what Zelda is all about I'd pretty much rip off LttP. Smile

Super Metroid - Similar to how I feel about LttP, I feel that Super Metroid captures everything that makes Metroid what it is and rolls it up into a perfect package.

Metroid Prime (only the first one) - I have to mention this here because I feel that Metroid Prime was one of the best transitions of a 2D series to a 3D title. Sure it's in a first-person perspective but it just FEELS like Metroid. Great game. Sometimes I'm tempted to pick up a used Gamecube just to play this again.

Ys III: Wanderers From Ys - Whether we're talking about the SNES version or the PSP re-release called Oath in Felghana, Ys III is my favorite in the series.

all of those that ive played (D2, aLttP, super metroid), i agree with entirely. they pretty much define their respective genres for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: