My Terranigma Log
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:04 pm   Post subject: My Terranigma Log Reply with quote

so I'm finishing my 2010 (year and maybe count Very Happy ) Terranigma run, because I hadn't enough time while exams. let's see if I can uncover new secrets this time! I'm making my suggestions here, maybe someone already solved my problems.

- I didn't resurrect Polynesia and Mu. Let's see if I can try this after defeating Beruga.
they are still there... did I really not resurrect them? Very Happy

- the guy in the review video posted recently said there are awesome game mechanics like the turtles in zue not exploding while it's raining. apparently, one just exploded anyway after a "lucky hit" that killed her in one shot. forgot to screenshot it. never happened again.

- if your at low health, you get this "wuwu" sound. at what percentage is this actually starting? and what happens if your at 21/100 life, the percentage is 20% and you take a vitality elexier? 21/105 would be 20%, will it start "wuwu"-ing?
answer: should be 25%.
answer2: I just had "wuwu" and then gaining lvl up, raising my HP over the 20% border. it stopped "wuwu"ing Very Happy

- how much health has Liem? answer: 14-16

Last edited by psychokind on Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:31 am   Post subject: Re: My Terranigma Log Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
- how much health has Liem? answer: 14-16

What!? Liam had health!? O: I know so little about my favorite game ever... Sad

Good luck with your game Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:11 am   Post subject: Re: My Terranigma Log Reply with quote

NoZKeY wrote:

Good luck with your game Very Happy

thanks Very Happy yes, if liem gets hit more than he has health, you get a message

"Liem has been captured."

and reset to the beginning.

speaking of that, I'm thinking of a "Theorycraft" about the Terranigma stats like STR, DEF and LCK. you know, how much dmg makes 1 point in STR and such. although it might be impossible, since you don't know enemies stats...

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a really cool idea. i was considering finally doing my first ever 100% terranigma run (only thing ive never done is get all 95 magirocks, and i guess getting all the life/str/def/luck potions would also count)

with enemies and damage, until you reach a certain strength, you'll deal minimal damage to them. after that, the damage progressively rises but im not sure at what rate. then theres the elemental affinities in the weapons, which either have a multiplier or an additive effect on damage.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm especially interested in LCK. it raises the chance of the rainbow-critical hits, at least that's what I'm thinking. Since its raising constantly, there has to be some limited growth...
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

are the directional changes of the confusion applied by the dwarves in eklementa randomly or is there a pattern? - answer: every confusion has two patterns of directional changes, and switches every 10 seconds between the two.

how much does elemental aversion influent damage? - answer: damage is just doubled

how much more damage does a "crit" do? - answer: damage is just doubled

while doing this two, I found out that critical hits are determined. if you save a game in an emulator (while owning the original game!) and your next hit is a crit, every time you'll have you load again your next hit will be a crit.
HOWEVER only if your next strike is actually a direct hit. if you just hit the air, your crit is gone. the same applies if you yourself get hit or leave the screen to another screen.

another thing: in louran, the zombie girls throw their heads. you can actually kill these hads by attacking them - which is of no use, since they explode on contact anyway. BUT you get XP for "killing" them, I just leveled up that way.

the evil tables in Louran do not give XP when they die.

Last edited by psychokind on Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
are the directional changes of the confusion applied by the dwarves in eklementa randomly or is there a pattern? - answer: every confusion has two patterns of directional changes, and switches every 10 seconds between the two.

how much does elemental aversion influent damage? - answer: damage is just doubled

how much more damage does a "crit" do? - answer: damage is just doubled

while doing this two, I found out that critical hits are determined. if you save a game in an emulator (while owning the original game!) and your next hit is a crit, every time you'll have you load again your next hit will be a crit.
HOWEVER only if your next strike is actually a direct hit. if you just hit the air, your crit is gone. the same applies if you yourself get hit or leave the screen to another screen.

we gotta get this stuff on the main site ^^

"Psychofacts" or "Psychos Terranigma facts" or "facts from Psychos for Psychos" Very Happy

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:48 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

wtf, did you know that?

found this after I got frosted several times in eklementa while trying things out. I just thought "let's see what the enemies can do if you let them". I never saw THIS before though.

did you ever visit Mei Lin in Louran before appearing there with Turbo? she's an unattackable floating armor then.

another wtf - ultimate zombie? I thought only the girls do that?
the zombie girl in this room doesn't throw hear head but loses it no matter how much damage you do, like a normal zombie. apparently they are just interchanged.

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:08 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:

its just an RNG. im guessing that whenever you load a screen, itll do some quick maths and generate numbers. if your LCK is bigger than those numbers (or some check, maybe not that simple) itll be a crit. every time you attack, itll move to the next number.

pokemon does the exact same thing, except it cycles through the numbers at a set time interval (60 times per second in pokemon emerald, i think) instead of on an event.

anyway.

yeah i know the maduu heal each other. and that meilin disguises herself.

another minor secret in louran. if you talk to temjin before the zombie thing, and tell him to take his gold with him, you find 500 or 1000 (i forget) gems in one of the graves in the graveyard.

the girl zombie heads share hp with the body too, if i recall. if you hit them, the boom doesnt damage you.

something for you to look into, psycho: magic damage. compare the output to your physical damage, esp. against bloody mary. speaking of magic damage, anyone else find it funny that you cant use magirock against bosses from the point where you can buy sky rings? or just a bit before, i think. dont think mermaid tower lets you
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone compile a list of which weapon does which elemental damage? And against which enemies it's effective? (and against which not? if there is such a thing?)

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:

its just an RNG. im guessing that whenever you load a screen, itll do some quick maths and generate numbers. if your LCK is bigger than those numbers (or some check, maybe not that simple) itll be a crit. every time you attack, itll move to the next number.

generally possible, although the number has to raise along with your level. you start with 3 luck and end with 99 (without LCK elexiers). assuming the number is 150, you crit way too often in the beginning for a 3/150 chance and too seldom for a 99/150.

Quote:

another minor secret in louran. if you talk to temjin before the zombie thing, and tell him to take his gold with him, you find 500 or 1000 (i forget) gems in one of the graves in the graveyard.

500. this is also mentioned in the official game guide, so I didn't mention that.

Quote:
the girl zombie heads share hp with the body too, if i recall. if you hit them, the boom doesnt damage you.

only if you hit it at max range, if the explosion from a "killed" head hits you, it does damage. they don't share HP with each other.

Quote:
something for you to look into, psycho: magic damage. compare the output to your physical damage, esp. against bloody mary. speaking of magic damage, anyone else find it funny that you cant use magirock against bosses from the point where you can buy sky rings? or just a bit before, i think. dont think mermaid tower lets you

I'll test the bosses for use of rings from now on. and I'll look into the magic damage once I'm through with the game when I look into stats in general.

Blade wrote:
Can anyone compile a list of which weapon does which elemental damage? And against which enemies it's effective? (and against which not? if there is such a thing?)

there is such a thing, elemental damage doubles the damage if effective. the problem with this list is that the enemies disappear while the story goes on. anyway, to start:

RocSpear (Earth) - effective against enemies in Grecliff (not the mud things and stone things

FirePike (Fire) - effective against enemies in Eklementa (except for Yeti if I recall correctly)

LightRod (Light) - effective against enemies in Louran (all)

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

icepick isnt ice element? i dont know how many there are, but the 3 psycho mentioned are definite ones. sticker is grass, effective on some things in zue i think.

also, lightrod is super effective against bloody mary.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

these are the ones I got so far, I'm just in Louran Wink the sticker has no element.

I always thought bosses haven't got elemental weaknesses? this will be interesting Very Happy
Legend shall speak

Level 6: Stone Golum

Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever need the HP of the monsters, here it is in the jap version. Don't think they change in the EU version.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/coelestis/tenchi/monster/monster1.htm

The site is useful also for comparing the japanese names of the mobs, many of them are changed~

Also, goodjob on this psycho. These game logs are wicked!
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:14 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

rayim wrote:
If you ever need the HP of the monsters, here it is in the jap version. Don't think they change in the EU version.

http://homepage2.nifty.com/coelestis/tenchi/monster/monster1.htm

The site is useful also for comparing the japanese names of the mobs, many of them are changed~

Also, goodjob on this psycho. These game logs are wicked!

thanks Very Happy and thanks for the page! here they are in english:http://www.fogu.com/terra/monster1.shtml
does somebody know what the additional infos are there?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: