TerraEarth Forums

Happy 25th Anniversary to The Legend of Zelda!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Adventure of Link
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Link to the Past
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Link's Awakening
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Ocarina of Time
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Majora's Mask
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Wind Waker
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Minish Cap
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Twilight Princess
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:45 pm   Post subject: Happy 25th Anniversary to The Legend of Zelda! Reply with quote

Today marks 25 years since Zelda no Densetsu was released for the Famicom Disc System in Japan, ushering in what would become the pinnacle of video game quality design in a series. And to celebrate, we will discuss all things Zelda related! Here's a little questionnaire to get everyone started:

1. What was the first Zelda game you ever played?
2. Which one was your favorite? Why?
3. Which one was your least favorite? Why?
4. What is your favorite moment in any Zelda game?
5. What is your most prominent Zelda-related memory?
6. What is your favorite piece of music from a Zelda game?
7. What do you think about the future of the Zelda series, beyond Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword?

Last edited by tay120n64 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo-hoo! zelda, I loves me some zelda.

I don't know if anyone has seen it, but a couple of days ago, I watched Zelda Eternity's online live ustream channel where the played oot from beginning to end for the entire day in celebration of the 25th anniversary. It went on all day. Pretty neat.

I received the SNES when it first came out for christmas, and it included A link to the past. This is why it remains my favorite zelda game of all time.

See #1

Majora's mask wasn't bad game, but it was sort of annoying due to the time traveling aspect. Still haven't beaten it 11 years later.

This is really hard ... I think perhaps getting an item that you really need to get, beating a really hard boss just when you have about 1 heart left, or getting the triforce.

Going into the lost woods in ALTTP and liking how much imagination was put into it.

Also really, really hard. Besides the zelda theme, I like Kakariko Village, The Spirit temple theme from OOT and the Gerudo Valley theme from OOT.
7. What do you think about the future of the Zelda series, beyond Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword?

Being a loyal zelda fan, I want to play them of course. But there's many zelda games I haven't gotten yet and haven't beaten yet, so ... one day when I get a 3DS or Wii, i'll have to check them out. I don't see the zelda series coming to an end anytime soon.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:52 pm   Post subject: Re: Happy 25th Anniversary to The Legend of Zelda! Reply with quote

- LttP

- Oot. although I love LttP and Majoras Mask, the adult 3D serious Link just was the most awesome.

- Wind Waker, because of the cell shading.

- In Oot when the guard dies in the byroad in the fucked up hyrule city. actually somebody DIES in a nintendo game, awesome...

- when I fought an inner fight about wether I should buy the almost 3 meter high Link advertisement plastic statue. he was in a fighting pose, so the huge ass thing didn't fit in ANY building or through any door. only 200 €, but I just couldn't find a place to put him...

- the theme of the intro video from LttP and "Final hours" from MM.

- I hope they will continue the path from twilight princess. a serious Link, real fighting and dark hostile environment.
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A dark, hostile environment where you're dressed as an elf with a sword and collect heart pieces ... lol.

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:
A dark, hostile environment where you're dressed as an elf with a sword and collect heart pieces ... lol.

a dark, hostile environment where you're running around with 80's sunglasses, dyed hair in red muscle shirt and collect little cans to regain health ...lol, it's Duke Nukem. child's play Rolling Eyes

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:40 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. First Zelda played was The Legend of Zelda for the NES. A monument to exploration. There was no hand-holding; you had to find everything yourself, be it quest-specific or secret.

2. I can never really choose a favourite between LttP and OoT. I've easily played through those two more than any others, and the story and gameplay in each represent (to me) the pinnacle of the series.

3. Least favourite is probably Zelda 2. It was a fine enough game on its own, but I think it was too radical a departure from the series' roots. Though it did give us Iron Knuckles, which are the coolest enemies in the series.

4. My favourite Zelda moment would probably be Zelda/Sheik's big reveal near the end of OoT. Looking back, I probably shouldn't have seen it coming, but when I was 13, it didn't occur to me. Definitely a 'holy shit' moment.

5. Most prominent memory is probably completing the OoT Water Temple for the first time. It took 4 days, and there were many times where I left the temple to take a break, do something else, and go back later. It gave a sense of accomplishment, finishing it with no help/FAQs.

6. There are far too many excellent pieces of music to choose only one favourite, but I'll name the Stone Tower theme as one of them.

7. I really hope the series continues. The nice thing about the split timeline is that there is plenty of potential for new games, and tucking them neatly somewhere in the timeline. I'm really looking forward to Skyward Sword, and hope there's much more to come.

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

The Legend of Zelda on NES, although I never finished it.

OoT, This was the only n64 game I 'got into' as much as my SNES games like Terranigma and Lufia 2.

Zelda 2 - Great game in its own right, but didn't feel like Zelda (especially not playing it until after original and LTTP)

Beating Ganondorf in Wind Waker.

Being yelled at by my parents after playing Oot for 12 hours straight.

The Palace theme from Zelda 2.

Not a fan of motion control, so im not looking forward to skyward sword. OoT in my pocket? yes please!

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A Link to the Past, my bro and I borrowed it from a friend and finished it B)

I can't decide, really. ALttP or OoT? Or Majoras Mask? We're talking really small, insignificant decidingfactors.
ALttP was the first one, and quite mindblowing
but so was OoT, + the 3D bonus
Majoras Mask, with its even better graphics and different storystructure
then again, the 3D bonus is wearing out over time, so maybe A Link to the Past?

Appart from the 3 mentioned above, I played & finished Twilight Princess and Links Awakening.
Links Awakening lacked anything Triforce-Related, but still was a good, solid game.
Twilight Princess came out WAY too late, my gaming days were over. Didn't manage to captivate me as the other 4 titles did, no nostalgia there...

Beating the second temple in ALttP. The guy we borrowed the game from? Didn't even beat the first one. My bro beat it, said "there's no way you can beat the second one", but heck! I did Very Happy

Either...running around in Kokiri Forest in OoT? Christmas time and such?
Or walking through the Lost Woods in ALttP? And pulling out the fake Master Swords?
Or trying to find an explanation for "what the heck is going on?" in MM? Razz
Or going for a walk with that dog in Links Awakening, thinking "ha, screw you, enemys! You're all getting eaten! Very Happy"

Lost Woods theme or Dark Mountain theme in ALttP, or the Serenade of Water in OoT.
Links Awakening had the Mountain theme, the Fish-Mambo-Song and Marions Theme, other then that it didn't stick out that much.
ALttP and OoT had probably the most prominent themes, heck that's why they were the most captivating.

I don't think they'll be able to captivate me on a subjective, emotional level again (since hardly any game can do this nowadays). It'll be objective enjoyment of the various elements, but nothing mindblowing as a "complete thing".

Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Miss Prime Blue wrote:

a dark, hostile environment where you're running around with 80's sunglasses, dyed hair in red muscle shirt and collect little cans to regain health ...lol, it's Duke Nukem. child's play Rolling Eyes

I don't think that makes the same point.

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Miss Prime Blue wrote:

I don't think that makes the same point.

Lol, my point was that zelda was not really meant to be a dark or hostile game.

So yes. =]

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue & Psycho, plz, either keep it down or get yourself your own thread on Debate Island. Your bitching spawns across 2 threads already <.<
yeah we all love Zelda and WW will always be a matter of taste.

Psycho is probably so full of himself he would never play and still bash it, and Miss Prime Blue is already on the edge over internet shit and gets passive agressive.

I'm rubbing your neg. personalities in your face for a reason; if you'd argue like Freedan the Calm Knight or Flamez, I wouldn't bother at all.

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Miss Prime Blue & Psycho, plz, either keep it down or get yourself your own thread on Debate Island. Your bitching spawns across 2 threads already <.<
yeah we all love Zelda and WW will always be a matter of taste.

Psycho is probably so full of himself he would never play and still bash it, and Miss Prime Blue is already on the edge over internet shit and gets passive agressive.

I'm rubbing your neg. personalities in your face for a reason; if you'd argue like Freedan the Calm Knight or Flamez, I wouldn't bother at all.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with my debating style. I was just being honest ... not "bitching" ... this is what forums are for, we don't have to agree with everything, do we?

But uhm, yea.

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"if you can't play a game without ego getting in the way, that's kinda sad. "
and
"The shallow tools who refused to buy it because of the "kiddie graphics" missed out on a great game."

did stick out, and are passiv agressive in my book.

This is by far not a shitstorm, but it could be; that's why I'm pointing this out now. And I'm sure the two of you can take my harsh criticism Wink

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
"if you can't play a game without ego getting in the way, that's kinda sad. "
and
"The shallow tools who refused to buy it because of the "kiddie graphics" missed out on a great game."

did stick out, and are passiv agressive in my book.

This is by far not a shitstorm, but it could be; that's why I'm pointing this out now. And I'm sure the two of you can take my harsh criticism Wink

I'm just being honest. Those weren't personal attacks to anyone here by any means, just objective opinions.

The people who choose to not play great games because they don't like how they look, are in fact, missing out on, great games. Of course, what's considered "great" is a matter of opinion, but yea, I happen to feel that way. And you should at least give something a chance before dismissing it as "kiddie" or "babyish", is all I was saying.

If anything, it's being made into something it's not. I'm not entirely sure how to state my opinion without watering it down into something that is nothing like I feel or even want to say, in the first place.

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do get your point, but not referring to someone personal doesn't make it less passive agressive.Freedan's and Flamez' posts weren't watered down either, and still they didn't say anything objectable.

What bothers me is:
Psycho dragged it word-for-word from the other thread to this one, and you jumped it. I do think I have a good point in saying all this.

If you don't like my judgement, it's totally ok, I'm probably pushing my limits as a non-mod anyway <.<

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: