TerraEarth Forums

Happy 25th Anniversary to The Legend of Zelda!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your favorite Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Adventure of Link
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
A Link to the Past
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Link's Awakening
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Ocarina of Time
37%
 37%  [ 3 ]
Majora's Mask
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Oracle of Seasons/Oracle of Ages
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Wind Waker
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Minish Cap
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Twilight Princess
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

how the hell did a zelda thread turn into an argument? Confused

ANYWAY

1. What was the first Zelda game you ever played?
aLttP. i didnt catch on to the zelda series for a while. i knew a bit about it, but didnt play it until only about... 6 years ago.

2. Which one was your favorite? Why?
aLttP. again, it was the first one i played. if it wasnt for that sentimental value, i'd pick twilight princess due to the overwhelming epicness of it all.

3. Which one was your least favorite? Why?
link's awakening (sorry, tay). i never finished this one, because it was getting a bit too "go over there now".

4. What is your favorite moment in any Zelda game?
im not sure, this is hard.

5. What is your most prominent Zelda-related memory?
see above. i'll get back to you... maybe.

6. What is your favorite piece of music from a Zelda game?
one of these 3... hyrule castle (alttp), gerudo valley (oot), main theme (pretty much all)

7. What do you think about the future of the Zelda series, beyond Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword
if it is as epic in scope as twilight princess, yet maintaining the good old zelda formula of "collect a few things, go to another world, collect more things, save zelda and kill ganon", i'll be happy with it. oh and more background plot would be nice.
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:53 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

- Wind Waker, because of the cell shading.

I did my best to make it as neutral as possible as you can see... I mean it's just my real opinion, in what way should I have expressed it to make it look like it's not "dragged in from the other thread"? Confused
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
how the hell did a zelda thread turn into an argument? Confused

How the hell did a zelda thread turn into an argument WITHOUT ME????? Spinning

- Ocarina of Time. When I bought my gamecube, I got a Collector's Edition disc with the NES and N64 versions. I played Ocarina of Time first Razz

2. Which one was your favorite? Why?
- The Wind Waker. First of all, I love the graphics, they are awesome! And second, the concept of sailing around just won me over.

- The second NES game, forgot its name (lol, figures). I just think it's poorly designed, and the gameplay value is low, for me.

- The Arbiter's Grounds boss fight from Twilight Princess, Twilit Fossil Stallord. Spinning around, dodging his fireballs, WHAT A BLAST!!

- Sailing around in the Wind Waker. Whenever someone mentions Zelda, I think about that.

-The theme song?

7. What do you think about the future of the Zelda series, beyond Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword?
- Might be good if it's not for Wii.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:06 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Quote:

- Wind Waker, because of the cell shading.

I did my best to make it as neutral as possible as you can see... I mean it's just my real opinion, in what way should I have expressed it to make it look like it's not "dragged in from the other thread"? Confused

it's not that, it's "dark hostile environment".
same words as where you two left off in the other thread, ergo provocative.
I know it interferes with your opinion, but you had it coming, you're too smart for getting away with naivety.

I want to make sure none of you takes my actions personal, and at the same time keep these awesome & frequented threads clean.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The original, of course. I am that old, afterall. Very Happy

2. Which one was your favorite? Why? Ocarina of Time. Why? Because its so AWESOME!

Honestly, because it's the one that I could replay over and over and never get tired of playing.

The second one. I didn't like the change in play mechanics, and overall, I didn't see it as a worthy successor to the original.

Killing the last of those damn skeleton-things in OoT and claiming my prize.

Finding out about the "Second Quest" of Zelda pre-internet days. (I'm talking 1992 here, people) And this was purely on accident- I input "ZELDA"" as my save name without prior knowledge.

The theme I guess.

7. What do you think about the future of the Zelda series, beyond Ocarina of Time 3DS and Skyward Sword?

Didn't know about either one, but my gaming tastes have changed, I've never owned a handheld and I'm still Wii-less. (Thats not meant to be a double entendre, either)
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

A reasons why I like 'A Link tothe Past' so much:

The NPCs in Kakariko seem to be supportive/more vivid. In OoT, at least when you're young Link, everyone walks around into the blue sort of "everything is fine, yup...let's jog around this building lot".
In ALttP, the people know something is odd, Kakariko is still a save place, but already, some manipulated folks might alert the guards when you approach them.
Some are worried about what's going on (with Princess Zelda, the Elder beeing in Exile, one of the Blacksmiths beeing gone), some are supportive to your cause, although you're an outcast.

Given, in OoT you have more main characters that are concerned (Impa, that Gerudo chick, etc.) but everyone else is just plain naive ("O hai, this is a dangerous path, kids may not cross. Oh, you've got a letter from Princess Zelda, another kids. Alright, walk on")

In ALttP, people are feeling awkward, you can tell they are beeing opressed, and they pass this feeling along. In OoT, you get "oh, please catch my kookoos" (this very instalment becomes ridiculed as a Minigame in The Minish Cap, by the way. With this, the game get's a "this is a game"-selfawareness - but no such things in ALttP!)

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:11 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
I do get your point, but not referring to someone personal doesn't make it less passive agressive.Freedan's and Flamez' posts weren't watered down either, and still they didn't say anything objectable.

What bothers me is:
Psycho dragged it word-for-word from the other thread to this one, and you jumped it. I do think I have a good point in saying all this.

If you don't like my judgement, it's totally ok, I'm probably pushing my limits as a non-mod anyway <.<

I never referred to anyone 'personal'. Although I retract my use of the word "tool", it was unnecessary and didn't refer to anyone here.

That is pretty much the most "objectionable" thing i've said.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I said all this because it didn't even stay in that one thread, but spread to this one aswell. Could've become a bushfire...

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
Again, I said all this because it didn't even stay in that one thread, but spread to this one aswell. Could've become a bushfire...

... you making more than it is, is what probably what is going to lead it there.

Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to lead it to a dead end and leave it there
Your passive agressive behavior, psychos ignorance, the way you posted, from one thread to another -> I don't want to repeat myself -> I stated my reasons for my very polite actions, and raini approves.

The arguing beween you and me now is taking almost longer than the primary incident. I told you to stop your previous action, for a valid reason, and you don't like that, and that's why we're splitting hair now, I guess.

The two of you did stop, and as far as I am concerned, this can sink and die. You can go on if you want, I'm not a mod, and can't be bothered anymore.

And as soon as I can, I'ma gonna play that darn Wind Waker, and if it isn't the best Zelda ever, I'm gonna hunt Flamez down and kill him with a fire extinguisher Razz Very Happy

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

somebody... NAME THEM ALL Very Happy

Prime Blue

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Blade wrote:
I'm trying to lead it to a dead end and leave it there
Your passive agressive behavior, psychos ignorance, the way you posted, from one thread to another -> I don't want to repeat myself -> I stated my reasons for my very polite actions, and raini approves.

The arguing beween you and me now is taking almost longer than the primary incident. I told you to stop your previous action, for a valid reason, and you don't like that, and that's why we're splitting hair now, I guess.

The two of you did stop, and as far as I am concerned, this can sink and die. You can go on if you want, I'm not a mod, and can't be bothered anymore.

And as soon as I can, I'ma gonna play that darn Wind Waker, and if it isn't the best Zelda ever, I'm gonna hunt Flamez down and kill him with a fire extinguisher Razz Very Happy

I didn't see a problem with anything I said in the first place, except for the word "tool" which was used in general, and not to anyone here. I don't see how my opinions were "passive aggressive" ...

So, I still fail to see where your problem lies with me, unless you just don't like differing opinions.

Quote:

Right, you aren't a mod, so ... why are you acting like one?

Last edited by Miss Prime Blue on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

If I see arguing in one of my Zelda threads again, I swear, Im'ma sick the Triforce on yo' asses!

@Psycho: From left to right, top to bottom:

Farore, Nayru, Din, Kaepora Gaebora, Raru, Impa, Saria, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule, Nabooru, Ruto, Darunia, Link, Zelda, Ganondorf Dragmire, Wind Fish, Great Fairy (WW), Great Fairy (TP), [spirit of the Skyward Sword], Great Fairy (OoT), Valoo, Great Deku Tree, Great Deku Tree Sapling, Fido, Makar, Medli, Laruto, Jabun, Renado, [four warriors of Hyrule from TP. can't recall their names], Tarin, Marin, Ilia, Epona, Talon, Ingo, Anju, Kafei, Linebeck, Aryll, [Tetra's pirate crew. Only one I can remember in Niko], Link's Grandma (WW), Tingle, Cremia, Romani, Ralph, Maple, Darmani, [The Indigo-Go's. Can only remember Mikau.], Skull Kid, Mido, Deku King, Deku Child (the one who's body Link takes), Deku Princess, Deku Butler, [Goron Elder & child. Can't remember their names], King of Red Lions, Byrne, [Ancient Sage from Spirit Tracks], Midna, Ocean King, Sahasralah, Ezlo, Happy Mask Salesman, Bellum, Veran, Zant, Agahnim, Vaati, Onox, Kotake, Moon, Koume, [Enemy from Spirit Tracks], Four Giants of Termina, Majora's Mask & the Mask Children, Ganon, Fierce Diety, [I seriously have no idea who the woman and child are. Link and his mother maybe? Prior to OoT? idk.], Ancient Knight (TP), Wolf Link, Shadow Link

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just look past the huge picture that just took my breath away and begin...

1. Link's Awakening. I couldn't really understand 2-D games back then, so I don't think I ever got passed the 2nd dungeon place. If we still end up having it after we move next week, I'll revive my old gameboy and give it a go.

2. Fav would be a tie between oot, majors mask and windwaker. Oot speaks for itself. Mm had much darker themes and had kind of a dream feeling to it. Plus, you got to transform and wear masks, etc. with plenty to do outside the story and do it as many times as you wanted. Windwaker had it's own, gigantic universe that the graphic style made more interesting.

*pant pant*

3. Least favorite... Twilight princess seemed like it tried too hard. Expectations were way too high I guess. I was expecting this one to have it's own "universe" for lack of better words like in windwaker. No sidequests, flat characters (besides zant and some others), cliches, few surprises, too easy first time around.. could have been better.

4. Favorite moment? Don't make me choose......

5. prominent memory. Bah. too many.

6. Favorite music? Again, can't decide.

7. Pocket-sized oot? Yes. Skyward sword? Heck yeah. Except for the motion plus we have to buy now...

And here's something to help celebrate. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLa1Eyf08Ew&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Miss Prime Blue wrote:

I didn't see a problem with anything I said in the first place, except for the word "tool" which was used in general, and not to anyone here.

So, I still fail to see where your problem lies with me, unless you just don't like differing opinions.

Alright, I'll sum it up again:
your fault was your behaviour. it was passive agressive, namely with "shallow tools" and "without ego getting in the way, that's kinda sad"
Not refering to s.one personally doesn't make it less passive agressive.
Flamez and Freedan didn't water their opinion down, and were still totally calm.

psychos fault was his usual provoking style, ignorance towards other arguments and his unusual way of discussion.

that's were the first thread end

now, here, in tays Zelda thread, psycho starts off again, throwing out the bait, knowing you'd bite it, and -> you did. and it continued, with everything above mentioned.

("real fighting and dark hostile environment." -> "A dark, ....elf with a sword and collect heart pieces ... lol." -> "a dark, hostile environment where you're running around with 80's sunglasses, dyed hair in red muscle shirt and collect little cans to regain health ...lol, it's Duke Nukem. child's play Rolling Eyes")

that is where I decide to tell the two of you to stop, since this could've gone anywhere.
It's not about you alone, or your differing opinion, it's about the two of you to stop. And you did.
Mission accomplished. I'm happy. No more fighting on TE.
Now you're justifying your actions, which is ok too, you took back the "tool".

But you're still arguing that it wasn't your fault whatsoever. But that doesn't fit together with everything I said above, and that's why I'm on rinse & repeat with this whole thing.

And raini said per PM it's ok what I'm doing here. Yeah I'm not a mod, but I don't like 'passive agressive' vs. 'manipulative & cocky' on a forum as private as TerraEarth.

I hope this clears it out: it isn't and wasn't about you alone, nor about your opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: