TerraEarth Forums

A Really In-Depth Analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddogExplosive
Level 1: Huball

Gems 17

PostMaddogExplosive Posted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 pm   Post subject: A Really In-Depth Analysis Reply with quote

Hello guys. Like a lot of you, Illusion of Gaia is my all-time favorite video game, and a few months ago, I wrote a fan-submitted article about the game to an indie website called Socksmakepeoplesexy. Anyway, I just thought you guys might enjoy the thing, since it's huge and it will allow you to wax nostalgic about a lot of things:

http: //w ww .socksmakepeoplesexy.net/index.php?a=illusion_of_gaia (sorry, can't make it a hyperlink because my post count is too low)

To be honest, I even cited somebody from this forum in the article without asking their permission first. Scared But I still gave credit wherever it was due! So hopefully that person will not be terribly offended or anything. Razz I would have posted this link here a long time ago, but I just never got around to creating an account. But now I have! So read at your leisure, or ignore it completely. I just wanted to post it here since you're the people that would get the most out of it.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Skimmed through some of it, intend to read it in it's entirety shortly. When I got to the characters and saw the picture you added there for Shadow, I damn near fell out of my chair laughing.

BTW, welcome to the forums.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

this'll give me something to read later. thanks for sharing.

and welcome
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite the article. I'll give it a good read when its not so late at night. Razz

In the meantime, welcome to the forums! Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
MaddogExplosive

Gems 17

PostMaddogExplosive Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys! Yeah, it's a pretty long read, which is why I made sure to take so many screen captures to keep up reader interest haha.

*Oh, it's also worth mentioning that that website has a ton of amaaazing retrospective articles on the Final Fantasy series, in addition to the Chrono games and (currently) the first Legacy of Kain game. They were all written by the same guy, and sadly, that guy is not me. Razz But they're all really great reads!
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome... but it's too late here too.. so i will read it later (tomorrow).

Jason Tandro Very Happy I don't think he will be offended.. he will just be very angry and become mad at you. Smile

I will start playing this game again soon, since a couple weeks ago i completed it but missed some jewels... Mad And also i really want to replay it xD It's an enjoyable game despite being so linear..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:48 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow. My findings were hardly conclusive. Sky Garden was a pure guess and Mt. Kailash was partly tay120n64's help. Pretty cool too. Very Happy

Soon the name Jason Tandro will be propogated even further...

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Illusion of Gaia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: