TerraEarth Forums

Awkward Social Moments
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:27 am   Post subject: Awkward Social Moments Reply with quote

So yeah tonight I went out to a bar to hang out with my coworkers. Fifteen minutes later I left. I had showed up 45 minutes later than everyone else because I didn't have my debit card on me and I couldn't find it. So no money, means I can't order anything. Plus everyone's already formed their little conversation groups (which granted was like one and a half since there were seven of us). Even though a coworker offered to get me some food I didn't want to take. So I was sort of sitting awkwardly until I finally just shot my cheers to the crew.

Desperate attempt at a social life outside my basic clique and this one girl I sometimes take on a date...

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Social life... who needs it ._.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/socially-awkward-penguin

I love this one Very Happy

can't think of anything right now... I think socially awkward things happen mostly while I'm drunk, and that's always a good excuse Very Happy
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This. Me. All the time

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:13 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Those kind of social situations always suck. I've been there myself. I've since learned you gotta put yourself out there- otherwise you're stuck. Thankfully, in recent years I've come out of my shell some, and people do enjoy my company, especially considering my often whacky behavior. (Ever seen a guy pick up a cat and try to do a cat chant? Didn't think so Very Happy )
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:37 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

My entire life is an awkward social moment.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:25 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah you're too hard on yourself. I've been on these boards a long time and am convinced that nobody can be less socially adept than I am.

I was at my girlfriend's birthday party yesterday and I am not ashamed to admit that her dad intimidates the hell out of me.

I put on a brave face and act in my usual confident way but as God as my witness I didn't so much as put my arm around Stefanie for fear the guy would cut my nads off. He's nice enough, though.

Although he's odd. He makes fun of me and my religion and calls me gay because I want to wait until marriage to have sex (actual intercourse not all the fun extras)... and yet he doesn't want us to have sex until marriage. I know it's all in good fun (or at least I have Stefanie's word that it's all in good fun.)

Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:53 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:

Although he's odd. He makes fun of me and my religion and calls me gay because I want to wait until marriage to have sex (actual intercourse not all the fun extras)... and yet he doesn't want us to have sex until marriage. I know it's all in good fun (or at least I have Stefanie's word that it's all in good fun.)

Well if he calls you names and makes fun of your religion ... that's just not cool.

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jason, I know how that feels. My girlfriend's dad is the biggest dickhead ever.

Talking about dickheads.. I recently made the statement "I know a dickhead when I see one." Everyone started laughing, and it wasn't until later that I realized it sounded like I said IM GAY
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

my girlfriend says I'm a dickhead when her father is around. I stop hugging/kissing and all the stuff because I don't want to show emotions around him since he's quite the patriarch. I think that (and maybe the fact that I'm going to be a super-safe government official Very Happy ) is why he "likes" (doesn't dislike) me.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:37 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
my girlfriend says I'm a dickhead when her father is around. I stop hugging/kissing and all the stuff because I don't want to show emotions around him since he's quite the patriarch. I think that (and maybe the fact that I'm going to be a super-safe government official Very Happy ) is why he "likes" (doesn't dislike) me.

That kinda reminds me of what Stefanie said about her dad. She says he makes fun of my name and religion because those are the only things he has to complain about. She goes: "Well you're employed, you have your own car, you have your own place, and you want to wait to have sex so he can't make fun of you for any of that."

Back on topic, you're becoming a government official? Are we talking public servant or actual like politician?

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:

That kinda reminds me of what Stefanie said about her dad. She says he makes fun of my name and religion because those are the only things he has to complain about. She goes: "Well you're employed, you have your own car, you have your own place, and you want to wait to have sex so he can't make fun of you for any of that."

Back on topic, you're becoming a government official? Are we talking public servant or actual like politician?

public servant. I'll try to become a politician though. that means I'd like to be a mayor in 20 years Very Happy it's not that unlikely, but it takes a whole lot of sheer luck and coincidence. and then a lot of work and even more luck Very Happy
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend's dad and sister thinks it's annoying when I kiss/hug my girlfriend. So, I do it more often when they're around Cool

Hiding emotions doesn't make you look 'like a man', but rather like a coward. It takes more courage to be sure of yourself and your manhood and just show emotions freely. Don't see this as a personal attack, but rather as a helpful tip. I'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate it Wink
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one absolutely terrified at the thought of Psychokind being the mayor of anything?

On topic, my awkward social moments are usually just being in the group with my girlfriend's friends, and not having anything worthwhile to contribute to the conversation. Just kind of hanging around, "herp, derp, I'm here and not saying shit".

I'm trying to change a few things about myself that way, but it takes me a while to open up to people I don't know that well. Meh/Worried

EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:05 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:
Am I the only one absolutely terrified at the thought of Psychokind being the mayor of anything?

On topic, my awkward social moments are usually just being in the group with my girlfriend's friends, and not having anything worthwhile to contribute to the conversation. Just kind of hanging around, "herp, derp, I'm here and not saying shit".

I'm trying to change a few things about myself that way, but it takes me a while to open up to people I don't know that well. Meh/Worried

This. I find im quite awkward around people i dont know too well, since i cant quite think of what to say. working on that too, though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: