TerraEarth Forums

Awkward Social Moments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:
My girlfriend's dad and sister thinks it's annoying when I kiss/hug my girlfriend. So, I do it more often when they're around Cool

Hiding emotions doesn't make you look 'like a man', but rather like a coward. It takes more courage to be sure of yourself and your manhood and just show emotions freely. Don't see this as a personal attack, but rather as a helpful tip. I'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate it Wink

Actually she has expressly forbade me from it. Her dad isn't abusive by any means but apparently he chews her out about stuff like that. I'm not going to be that way to intentionally cause trouble for her.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:49 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:

Hiding emotions doesn't make you look 'like a man', but rather like a coward. It takes more courage to be sure of yourself and your manhood and just show emotions freely. Don't see this as a personal attack, but rather as a helpful tip. I'm sure your girlfriend would appreciate it Wink

I think that depends on the cultural conventions of where you're living at. here it's manly to not show emotions, that may be the other way round in other countries. I'm pretty sure my girlfriends appreciates it a lot more that her father doesn't dare to make fun of her (or her sister) while I'm around - and that wasn't achieved by hugging or kissing Very Happy

@freedan: why is that? Laughing
Shameless Pirate

Level 10: Dark Bat

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:16 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Actually she has expressly forbade me from it. Her dad isn't abusive by any means but apparently he chews her out about stuff like that. I'm not going to be that way to intentionally cause trouble for her.

True dat. I guess it's different with my gf's dad, since he doesn't like my gf anyway.

@Psycho,
It's also manly to beat your girlfriend, say "go to the kitchen where you belong", and abandoning her as soon as she's pregnant. It's also manly to be narrow minded.
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Fazermint wrote:

@Psycho,
It's also manly to beat your girlfriend, say "go to the kitchen where you belong", and abandoning her as soon as she's pregnant. It's also manly to be narrow minded.

all 4 mentioned points are not manly in my cultural region. as I said, it depends (on the women of your society/country etc.).
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:19 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

psychokind wrote:
Fazermint wrote:

@Psycho,

all 4 mentioned points are not manly in my cultural region. as I said, it depends (on the women of your society/country etc.).

Alright you two, break it up. Let's not make Raini get upset about it.

Fazermint, please be as cool as the minty candy of your namesake.

Psychokind, Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich. Laughing

psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
psychokind wrote:
Fazermint wrote:

@Psycho,

Alright you two, break it up. Let's not make Raini get upset about it.

Fazermint, please be as cool as the minty candy of your namesake.

Psychokind, Get in the kitchen and make me a sammich. Laughing

you will find one on your desk when you're going on with the zombie holocaust Very Happy
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:57 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Aight, I'll be cool Cool

Sarcastic comments aside, aren't all western countries pretty much the same culture-wise?
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

See, I'm convinced that men are incapable of making food as simple as meat and cheese between two slices of bread so they make the women do it. It's like the logic is "OH MY GOD HOW DOES I MAKE FOODZ?!" and it's so baffling that the primordial soup that is the male brain starts to steam and boil from thinking too hard on it that it froths itself up to a shutdown. It's then that they go to the woman and say "I can't brain to make foodz, halp" and the woman makes a sandwich, while the man watches in awe on how the deliciousness is made, hoping to retain it and make it better, possibly by adding something "manly" because that's the only way to eat a sandwich.

Until that time, the only feasable way for the man to get a sandwich is to ask (aka beg) his female companion to make one for him.

Yes, if we're diving into that territory, I can be mean.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
See, I'm convinced that men are incapable of making food as simple as meat and cheese between two slices of bread so they make the women do it. It's like the logic is "OH MY GOD HOW DOES I MAKE FOODZ?!" and it's so baffling that the primordial soup that is the male brain starts to steam and boil from thinking too hard on it that it froths itself up to a shutdown. It's then that they go to the woman and say "I can't brain to make foodz, halp" and the woman makes a sandwich, while the man watches in awe on how the deliciousness is made, hoping to retain it and make it better, possibly by adding something "manly" because that's the only way to eat a sandwich.

Until that time, the only feasable way for the man to get a sandwich is to ask (aka beg) his female companion to make one for him.

Yes, if we're diving into that territory, I can be mean.

You are my hero
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmao. Well thanks. I think that'll be my comeback everytime I hear that being said. Just "wow, it's THAT impossible for you to shove some meat and cheese between two slices of bread? Really??" And then break that mini-essay. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Fazermint
Shameless Pirate

Gems 712

PostFazermint Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

haha ^^

I'm actually pretty good at making sandwiches. Guess that makes me gay, too.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

well, on fazermint and psychokind's argument: its probably more about how you were raised than where youre from. upbringing is a big part of one's personality.

@raini: ive never heard it said like that, well played indeed.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record:

I've been living on my own for a while now. I make all my own meals. I've been dating a lovely girl for two months. If I told my girlfriend to make me a sammich she'd beat the crap out of me as a PRECURSOR to her revenge.

She may look small, but she's a little fireball.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

When I told Maz about my post, he looked at me and said "Wait, excuse me?!" Since he's the one who usually cooks for myself, him, and polybob, our other roommate. I lol'd pretty hard.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
When I told Maz about my post, he looked at me and said "Wait, excuse me?!" Since he's the one who usually cooks for myself, him, and polybob, our other roommate. I lol'd pretty hard.

So wait... you tell him to make you sandwiches?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: