TerraEarth Forums

The Ultimate Challenge Run
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirbyarm
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:52 am   Post subject: The Ultimate Challenge Run Reply with quote

Here you have it! The entire run recorded, uploaded and of course... BEATEN! Hell yes! Very Happy

Tower 1 Difficulty: 1 / 10
Tower 2 Difficulty: 1 / 10
Tower 3 Difficulty: 1 / 10
Tower 4 Difficulty: 2 / 10
Tower 5 Difficulty: 3.5 / 10
Ra Tree Dungeon Difficulty: 2.5 / 10
Parasite Battle Difficulty: 4 / 10
Grecliff Dungeon Difficulty: 9.5 / 10
Dark Twins Battle Difficulty: 3 / 10
Zue Dungeon Difficulty: 8.5 / 10
Storm Master Battle Difficulty: 3 / 10
Eklamata
Eklamata II Difficulty: 9.5 / 10
Dark Morph
Dark Morph Battle II Difficulty: 6.66 / 10 (Most of the difficulty is endurance of battle length)
Louran Dungeon
Louran Dungeon II Difficulty: 5 / 10
Norfest Forest Difficulty: 8.5 / 10
Sylvain Castle Dungeon
Sylvain Castle Dungeon II Difficulty: 9.8 / 10
Bloody Mary Battle Difficulty: 5 / 10
Ship Ghost Battle Difficulty: 3.5 / 10
Mermaid's Tower & Boss Difficulty: 6 / 10
The Great Lake Caverns Dungeon Difficulty: 10 / 10
Hitoderon X3 Battle Difficulty: 5 / 10
Beruga's Lab Dungeon Difficulty: 7 / 10
Security Bot Battle Difficulty: 10 / 10
Astarica Dream Dungeon Difficulty: 8.5 / 10
Neotokio Sewers Dungeon Difficulty: 6.5 / 10
Beruga's Lab Tower Difficulty: 2 / 10
Airship Difficulty: 5.5 / 10
Dark Gaia Battle (1st Form) Difficulty: 7 / 10
Dark Gaia Battle (2nd Form)
Dark Gaia Battle (2nd Form) II Difficulty: 8.5 / 10

Hall of Fame:
Kirbyarm

Last edited by Kirbyarm on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:03 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

First, some brief history. I should honestly impale myself with an EnbuPike for never knowing of this game's existence. I've played and beaten Soul Blazer at least 30 times and can 100% complete it by memory without any problems. Great game, love the controls, love the music, love the story. I'm 99% sure I never heard of Terranigma, because it was never released over here in the NTSC region. How unfortunate. How did I find out? I research "Games like Soul Blazer" on a search engine as well as "other games by Quintet developer team" and stumbled across this fine gem of a game!

I played Illusion Of Gaia... I did not enjoy it very much, I guess the beginning didn't hook me like I'd hoped it would. So I ended up not finishing or getting very far.

I just learned of this game two weeks ago, and have beaten it three times already. One at level 36, one at level 25, and a low level run at level 13.

I did this without using any rewind or slow down features. I only save states right before a boss fight (thus having to do the entire boss without cheating by using a save state) or right before entering a dungeon (thus having to start it from scratch to save travel time from my last save point).

However! Anyone can easily photoshop or cheat in the game to get that exact end result I posted. They can say alllll they want how they never abused save states to get past a boss they couldn't do on their own in one go. My point? Snapshots are not good enough for me.

The Ultimate Challenge

I'm heavily addicted to this game.. my eyes are bloodshot and I'm currently at Louran performing one of the hardest challenges I've tried in any game.. ever.

This is a no magic, 100% magirock, no using stat raising potions, no bulb or inn use unless mandatory, low level, no save state during a dungeon or boss fight, expand every town, open every chest you know of, move the Quatros, NO TRANSACTIONS hybrid challenge!

(Recording is the only proof I'll accept unless you show me live on Kaillera or something).

The rules in a better, more organized fashion:

1) No mid-boss or mid-dungeon, mid-puzzle, or mid-anything state saving. Anyone can hit a boss, save state, die the next second, then load and avoid what should've been their death. Abusing save states = no bragging rights in a challenge run.

2) No magic. This means you cannot use any rings or pins whatsoever. Not even the bone pin in the tempting spots like Storkholm and Neotokio Sewers.

3) No using S.Bulb, M.Bulb, or L.Bulb items. Ever. (There is one exception, if you have low health but need the Douma to blast you into the wall to break the wall down in Zue, you may use a S.Bulb as it deals about 20 damage)

4) No sleeping at an Inn or any bed. Ever. (Unless mandatory for game progression). Oh and no eating healing foods that aren't mandatory!

5) Only kill what is 100% necessary to achieve lowest possible level. Without abusing save states, the first screen of Leim's test is basically impossible with all of these restrictions, you may kill the birds, but only on the first screen. Parasite must be finished at level 6 or 7, no higher. (Random usage of spike claws).

6) Expand all five towns to their final state. Vote for Jean. Bring Loire to lvl 3, Litz to lvl 2, Freedom to lvl 3, Nirlake to lvl 3, and Sun Coast to lvl 2.

7) Collect every magirock in the game, all 96. (97 for japanese version players). Some will prove to be a severe pain to obtain, not much you can do about that. The only gems you will obtain are from the mandatory kills, treasure chests, or my little secret... chicken races. Wink KindBird's freedom requires 5,000 gems to get that magirock, so I'd primarily save up for that, seeing as rule 8 exists anyways...

8 ) No transactions. You cannot purchase anything. Ever. Only exceptions are items you may need to progress or obtain a magirock. (Such as the Crystal from the oasis, which helps expand Litz).

9) Self explanatory. Open every chest, even hard to reach ones with little value, or a stat potion that is useless to you in this challenge run.

10) No using stat raising potions. Yes, you have to collect them, but you cannot use / drink them! Yet another restriction.. really though, you will always be doing minimal damage once you hit the Shadow Keeper in Tower 5 anyways. Only potions that *would* help are life potions to tank an otherwise fatal hit, possibly. Oh well!

11) Don't forget to massage the girl in the north eastern tent of the Quatros nomads camp south of Litz. Many guides say you have to massage her twice, you only have to once, actually. As a friendly tip, this is a source of unlimited gems, without having to kill enemies.

12) Have a blast! Feel extremely satisfied after you beat a boss or clear a dungeon without using a bulb! Get frustrated! Pull your hair out! Scream! But most of all.... do it. From Tower 1 to Dark Gaia.

Last edited by Kirbyarm on Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm recording the entire run and uploading to YouTube once I've completed the run. I started yesterday morning. I'm currently at Louran. Beating Parasite with low HP was my biggest mistake.. I've had to go through Grecliff and Eklamata with less than 12 HP. (Everything one hits you) -.-

Biggest challenge so far was Dark Morph with no save states mid-fight rule. Good 20 minute battle of not screwing up at 8 HP.

If anyone is interested in me uploading a sneak peak of my Grecliff or Eklamata videos, just let me know here and I'll start encoding them (15 minute YouTube limit </3 ) right away, before getting further in my run.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A few notes:

Tower 4, you do not have to kill a single gold huball. Keep hitting only the gold tail of the main 'snake' until the last one is gold. Hit it once and the battle is finished.

Mu can be resurrected, because it doesn't require killing anything to do so. Polynese cannot be resurrected.. because you have to clear the optional room of enemies to do so.

If you're a non-japanese version player, you do not *have* to unlock the Quintet building in Neotokio.

Regaining your HP by dying is acceptable, I'm just showing off by re-starting the dungeons from the beginning with my low HP. I encourage you do the same, it's more fun that way. Wink

I suggest saving before attempting Zue, and memorizing the mandatory enemies beforehand.

You are allowed to trash whatever items or equipment you feel the need to.

Be thankful I didn't add "Win all three lotteries in freedom" restriction.

Can you beat my mouse sprint mini-game time of 17 seconds?

(More will probably follow as I remember / encounter things)

Might have some good tips too.
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow; this truly is insane... I might have to do this!

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

that sounds pretty hardcore. slightly harder than what YETI did on here earlier (minimal experience run),

and...

almost as hardcore as the extreme nuzlocke pokemon challenge (which is very luck-based anyway).

this still looks pretty intense. will take a lot of patience to beat dark gaia

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh trust me, it is. I've done many challenges in my time and this one is actually entertaining me!

The next big tip:

Weaknesses

If you're ever doing 1's consistently on an enemy or boss.. you're doing it wrong. Plain and simple. Minimal damage, even if you're level 1 will never result in 1's (except the very occasional 1) unless you're using the wrong weapon.

Shadow Keeper: CrySpear (Can't afford Hex or purchase it in this challenge anyways)

Parasite: Ra Spear

Dark Twins: RocSpear

Storm Master: Sticker (Most effective to have RocSpear equipped through all of Zue, until you get to the boss)

Dark Morph: Neo's Fang (Most effective to have FirePike equipped through most of Eklamata, though there aren't really any mandatory enemies here)

I'm only at Louran, so there will be more. I do remember Bloody Mary's and Dark Gaia's.

Nice power nap... time to get back at it!
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really intense, I'm impressed!

Though to be honest, I still haven't gotten around to playing Terranigma... Sad

(also, IoG is one of my favoritest games! You should give it another shot!)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Mary is going to be a pain. Good luck with her especially.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:08 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? I already did a level 13 run (but allowed myself to use healing items). Still I find it difficult to actually get hit by her. Hmm.
Blade
Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:10 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
move the Quatros

pardon me you can do WHAT? Eek!

Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:12 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Who shot who in the what now?
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Idktht!! I didn't shoot noone Shifty

EDIT: so srsly, I didn't know you can do that - move the Quatros
Too bad my next Terranigma-rerun is when I turn 30 Sad

Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't be serious! *Shuns*
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Shunning"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: