The Ultimate Challenge Run
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirbyarm
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:27 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

In other news, Sylvain Castle is proving to be a huge pain! No healing.. Particularly having to clear half the dungeon to get one 'chance' at getting the tower key untouched. Ahh, well. Good fun and practice. Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:50 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirbyarm wrote:
In other news, Sylvain Castle is proving to be a huge pain! No healing.. Particularly having to clear half the dungeon to get one 'chance' at getting the tower key untouched. Ahh, well. Good fun and practice. Very Happy

just use the slicer attack instead of normal walking, you're invincible that way. causes a lot of thumb and joint ache depending on your controller though Very Happy

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Easier said than done, simply because of the sparratic framerate while recording. (Massive lag, but the recording turns out fine). Getting through the castle with healing items makes it seem easy, but you try getting through untouched and dealing minimal damage haha. It sure is fun though. Going to try again as soon as I get back from the store.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:42 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, still can't clear Sylvain. Going to get some rest, being tired might be my problem!
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

at least bloody mary shouldnt be hard. lightrod and youll hit for quite high damage. considering youll be what... level... 10? maybe less?

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:17 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody Mary will be a joke.. the bosses are actually the easy parts in this challenge haha. Yes, level 10.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:35 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally completed Sylvain! Had to get my friend to watch over remote connection to get the motivation to actually do it without screwing up! That was some difficult.. my god.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

At the great lake caverns.. This is driving me absolutely insane without ANY healing items. Starting the dungeon at 16 HP certainly isn't helping either!

Every 10 or 15 tries you get past the first chest with the two greater doumas by chance if the red cloud of death doesn't hit you after you obtain the air bubble leaves. Then you make it through most of the dungeon and their is a very deadly part where even invincible slicer can't do crap for you. Pupilas just bounce you back into a line of poison darts shots from the red flower monsters... *sigh*

This is crazy. If you're going to attempt this, be prepared to retry a few of the dungeons MANY times. Must find a way through that room untouched.. Hmm.
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirbyarm wrote:
At the great lake caverns.. This is driving me absolutely insane without ANY healing items. Starting the dungeon at 16 HP certainly isn't helping either!

Every 10 or 15 tries you get past the first chest with the two greater doumas by chance if the red cloud of death doesn't hit you after you obtain the air bubble leaves. Then you make it through most of the dungeon and their is a very deadly part where even invincible slicer can't do crap for you. Pupilas just bounce you back into a line of poison darts shots from the red flower monsters... *sigh*

This is crazy. If you're going to attempt this, be prepared to retry a few of the dungeons MANY times. Must find a way through that room untouched.. Hmm.

ive never actually been bounced into the red amarante's poison before. ive been bounced into another bounce, repeated about 5 times... but never into poison. and ive played the game quite a few times.

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:14 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this type of a run. You'll see what room I'm talking about when you get to it. Razz
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

100 tries later, I am down one controller and one window of my house as well. (R.I.P. controller).

I shall play and beat a different game, then continue trying these damn caverns.
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Making some good progress now.. just about to fight the Security Bot in Beruga's Lab.. with 23 HP. Razz Should be fun. Very Happy
Kirbyarm

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without recording, this battle lagged heavily whenever he tossed the missile shower attack. With the recording it is a complete nightmare. 100% based on luck as 1 non-missile-caused lag spike = death. 50 tries later, I shall take a break. Getting closer to the end, guys. Wink
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i found that his missile attack lagged even on the snes, nothing else attached. only a little though

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly. I figured there wasn't much you can do about 24 moving objects and animations going on all at the same time as Ark and Security Bot already being animated. I'll just have to get lucky and make it through 8 minutes without a death-dealing lag spike. I'll try a bit more shortly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: