TerraEarth Forums

Speed Run Record

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirbyarm
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:48 am   Post subject: Speed Run Record Reply with quote

I feel the need to set the record, while everything is fresh on my mind.

I've google'd around and have seen the best record is apparently 4 hours, 48 minutes.

My questions are:

Is there a better time than this?

Do you know of a better time?

Any links or information would be great. This shouldn't be too bad of a run. Smile

Cheers, Kirby~
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

thats the only one ive heard of. it takes a bit of knowledge to know the optimum strength for each boss (which i don't know), but otherwise it could be fun.

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

True, though with the run I just completed, I'm pretty sure I found optimal damage strategies for each boss. We'll see how this plays out. So far, I'm able to complete all of the towers quicker than him... I timed normal running versus slicer spam running, and slicer is a good 1.25 X faster... which he barely utilizes, apart from entering certain doorways and staircases. Wonder if I can actually pull this off.
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

well if you do this without save states, you might need to be prepared to bury another few controllers...

but otherwise, slicer is the way to go if youre speeding, i dont know if slider is faster though. somehow i doubt it.

and with the run you just completed, you wouldnt have been able to figure out the strength limits to start dealing /real/ damage. that's more of a trial and error thing.

Gems 184

PostKirbyarm Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
well if you do this without save states, you might need to be prepared to bury another few controllers...

but otherwise, slicer is the way to go if youre speeding, i dont know if slider is faster though. somehow i doubt it.

and with the run you just completed, you wouldnt have been able to figure out the strength limits to start dealing /real/ damage. that's more of a trial and error thing.

You can tell the 4:48 record uses save states.. pretty much for every foor they enter.

Indeed, slicer spamming is faster than running. True, I only know the weapon weaknesses from the bosses based on that run, however I did play around with the "level threshhold" you speak of in terms of when you can begin dealing real damage, or at least enough to finish the enemies quick enough to be used in a speed run.

I'll be playing around quite a bit before saving my segments.

Little room for error, according to his videos.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: