TerraEarth Forums

AHHH!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 3:02 pm   Post subject: AHHH! Reply with quote

Came on TE and saw ADS. They are multiplying and trying to eat my brain. NO, I do not want you ancestry.com! I know who my ancestors were! There were a bunch of creepy old people who liked to pinch my cheeks and give me five dollars on holidays! AHHHH!!!
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:18 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

ads threw me off a bit too. i was like "wait a minute... oh yeah"
manifested spam

Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 7,352

Postchicken Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

lol and i just thought i was going insane. well, at least its good to hear im not totally nuts already Very Happy

winner of the following awards:

Biggest Spammer
Most Annoying Poster
the Pie Award Very Happy
Funniest Poster

posting more than one exclamation mark is a sign for mental disturbtion...

yay for jase Very Happy
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see adds Sad think I installed addblocker once
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Thu May 19, 2011 8:29 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see the ads when I'm on my phone (like now). Firefox blocks them automatically, but I can't say I'm fond of them when I'm on said phone, it increases the loading time.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:23 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair, it's boxxle's site and he's free to do as he pleases to maintain it. And realistically it's a financial thing.

I'm not a fan of the adverts but if they're bringing in revenue to the forums, I say let them be. Consider it life insurance.

Now the ideas of bringing back the ROMs to the site... I support it, but I don't support what it represents. We want to go public, so we kill all ROMs and become piracy gestapo. Then we want to put ROMs back. The forums are not a lightswitch young man.... old man.... man. How the hell old are you anyways?

Anyways, boxxle has flip-flopped on a lot of the issues lately. He's still trying to find out what he wants to do with the site, which is fine, but how 'bout a little less action a little more conversation (to horribly misquote Elvis)

Rest in peace, old avatar.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 3:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxxle and I have had a lot of conversations about it. Most of the recent changes he and I have discussed prior to their implementation.

The ads aren't intrusive, so that isn't so bad.

As for the ROMs, I agree, it is kind of back and forth, but we both agreed that the forum rules would not change. The inclusion of the ROMs on the front page does not change our policies on what is allowed in the forums.

Also we agreed that we may as well distribute the ROMs and OSTs for the time being. If we get noticed, worse thing that happens is SE asks us to take down copyrighted files. No big loss on our part.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

That Jr. Admin badge looks so pretty on you Tay. Very Happy

You speak like a politician now, man, lol.

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:49 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I was of course kidding. I totally support Boxxle in whatever he wishes to do with the the site. If it was a serious complain, I would've aimed to put it into Site Suggestions or something.

However, I do not seem them currently, but I can feel them invisibly gnawing at my brain. Very Happy
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly thrilled nothing has been said to me other than "update the site policies". Discussions should probably include ALL of the staff and not just two people. :/

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 7:36 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
I'm not exactly thrilled nothing has been said to me other than "update the site policies". Discussions should probably include ALL of the staff and not just two people. :/

This. Frankly inferiare and myself have put just as must work into these forums as any other member of the staff... if not more.

Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:34 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Im 100% anti ads... thats why I use ad blocker. Didn't even know we had any.

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:18 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamez wrote:
Didn't even know we had any.

.thüs

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how a joke suddenly feels like it becomes super cereal you guys. Surprised

Anywho, the end of the world isn't gnawing at my brain- it's these invisible ads. Are they still up? Was it only for a day? Or is my ad blocker finally working?
This User Has Completed

boxxleman
Level 12: Soul Knight

Administrator

Gems 1,773

Postboxxleman Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Tay, you said it best. Thank you. The ads are very minor, and honestly, I need them to be there if I want to keep paying the site bills. It costs me 3.99 to run this site every month, plus another $80ish every two years to manage all the domains hosted by my hosting company...and ads are taking care of that for me. Smile

Yes, TerraEarth has been on the internet for 10 years without ads, but that was solely because I never knew how to advertise. If I felt the ads were too overwhelming, I def. wouldn't put them up.

As far as the roms go, please read the disclaimer. I've been getting a lot of requests from people on "why don't we have them" so I decided to put them up. I came to the conclusion that it wouldn't hurt to have them, plus it would give people a great opportunity to play these games since they are becoming rare.

As far as "flip-flopping" goes, this may be true, but try and understand - I have only been doing what is best for TerraEarth at the time. For now, the roms will be up. If I get complaints, they will come down.

Same goes with the soundtracks, they are no longer in production and you couldn't find them if you wanted to. People need to hear the music of the Soul Blazer Trilogy. If Square Enix decides to email me about it, I'll take them down. But I doubt that will ever happen.

And to ranichan, sorry about the short message. I have been busy updating and working on a lot of stuff on TerraEarth, so I figured a short message would be okay. Nothing meant by it. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: