TerraEarth Forums

what if... (TN2?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tifu
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 1,000

PostTifu Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:58 pm   Post subject: Re: what if... Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Actually, the copyright on Terranigma ran out, so it's pretty much free to use.

Serious? You just made me the happiest person alive...
I've always hoped to remake Terranigma in some kind of 3D style... but the C&D order Chrono Trigger: Ressurruction got put me off the idea...course I don't have the skills yet anyway... but some day Tongue out

Though on the downer, if they're not renewing the copyright doohicks, then the already slim chances of a GBA remake just went to nothing :S

*edit*
Is this the Terranigam 2 that was mentioned earlier? :-/ I don't understand a word of German myself...

Katey's Quest complete
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
snow_rock

Gems 1,061

Postsnow_rock Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:58 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope tn 2 is possible. In the future, people would have gone playing games that are famous, forgetting about tn. well, that's just a prediction.
TerraHero
Level 8: Amarante

Resident

Gems 6,006

PostTerraHero Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:45 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

the TN 2: final mission i think it was called.

Is being made by 2 german speaking guys, it will also be translated into English. The style is SNES paltform like...

and yes, the copyright on TN has really expired so its no longer a trademark and thus SE cannot legally prosecute anyone attpemting to copy on it.
TheKing2
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 434

PostTheKing2 Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:10 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

TerraHero wrote:
and yes, the copyright on TN has really expired so its no longer a trademark and thus SE cannot legally prosecute anyone attpemting to copy on it.

Really? Wow, thanks a lot for this information, now I can get sleepfull nights again Very Happy
no, just kidding, but thanks a lot^^
I am working on a Terra-Sequel, an so it helps me a lot if the copyright has really been expired...
Well, i've got a question, is it now possible to make Fan-Articels? I know a site where you may create fanarticels and sell them for free, but since now I thought it is illegal... or is it?
NoZKeY
Sent by The Master

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Level 9: Sabre Dog

Gems 5,959

PostNoZKeY Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

if terranigma is no longer a trademark of square/enix, then it should be legal to sell any stuff from the game.. i guess.

by the way, does someone know how to make mmorpgs? I know programming in some game languages like DIV and Fenix, but dont know if i can make online games with they...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger
Azure Phoenix
Also Known as Arashi or Gemini

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Gems 500

PostAzure Phoenix Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno whether anyone looks at this thread anymore but man, a terranigma sequel would be tough to make, i personally thought that terranigma was one of the best games i ever played so getting up to the standards of the original would be really difficult.

As a side note anyone thinking of making a terranigma sequel i advise to stick to 2D unless you are REALLY good at 3D stuff, if 2D is chosen i would be happy to help with sprites, i can do almost anything with MS paint. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Fan Made Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: