TerraEarth Forums

Fireworks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss Prime Blue
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 am   Post subject: Fireworks! Reply with quote

Haven't posted here in a while, pretty busy ...

For any American members and others who enjoy fireworks, anyone going to a show on the 4th or now, or going to do the backyard fireworks thing?

My birthday has always been kind of cool because I have fireworks on both days - the 3rd and the 4th. And plus, of course, cake and stuff. Very Happy

What about anyone else? what will you be doing?

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, tomorrow I'll be helping my sisters finish moving into their new place, followed by work at night. It doesn't matter much, though- I've worked pretty much every forth of July and haven't seen fireworks in, oh say, 5 years or so. Not that I'm complaining- time and a half is pretty fricken sweet.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:28 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Happy Birthday!

Second, there are two classes after mine at my job which means I'm not the lowest man on the totem pole. And yet I still volunteered for a July 4th shift. Double Time and a Half, baby. You gotta go where the bucks are.

However Stefanie and I are gonna try and go watch fireworks after I get off (reduced hours, I'm off at 8 tomorrow). My folks are going to the Wintergreen Resort. You sit on the side of a mountain and they shoot the rockets up from ground level so they explode right in front of you. It's awesome.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:44 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Our fireworks were a couple of days ago (Canada Day is July 1).

It was perfect weather for them. My gf and I went for pizza, stopped at a cafe we like to visit, and walked over to the field where they set them off. We wound up getting there pretty early (earlier than I expected), so we took a quick browse of some of the merchandise/trinket booths they had set up (nothing worthwhile), and wound up sitting on the hill and talking for about 2 hours before they started.

Our shows are always so short. Mad

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You crazy people and your east coast ability to shoot off fireworks. It's illegal here to shoot off fireworks unless to a: work for the city and you're b: doing it in an authorized place. Aka unless you're employed by the city and you're doing to public fireworks, you best not smuggle in fireworks. Too many idiots who start fires by doing the illegal firework thing in the middle of fire season did that.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
You crazy people and your east coast ability to shoot off fireworks. It's illegal here to shoot off fireworks unless to a: work for the city and you're b: doing it in an authorized place. Aka unless you're employed by the city and you're doing to public fireworks, you best not smuggle in fireworks. Too many idiots who start fires by doing the illegal firework thing in the middle of fire season did that.

We're not allowed to have fireworks in Jersey, either. The state is too densely populated to allow it. Same thing as Raini said- city officials are the only ones allowed to do it, and only on beaches usually...

Hell, in Jersey we're not even allowed to pump our own gas.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:

Not 100% in east coast... Fireworks are illegal in hands of residents, even sparklers too, in Hampton Roads in Virginia for safety. That included the city where I lived. That is why I don't find any fireworks in stores today.

The punishment are a day in a jail, a criminal record (Class 1 misdemeanor) and $2,500 fine. There are the special patrols all over the cities, looking for illegal fireworks.
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Freedan wrote:

This reminds me of this time last year when Raini or you posted that amazingly funny cartoon about that...

I can't find it. Somebody please post it!

Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:59 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
Freedan wrote:

This reminds me of this time last year when Raini or you posted that amazingly funny cartoon about that...

Is this cartoon you looked for?

From the thread.
Prime Blue

Level 13: Blood Skeleton

Resident

Gems 3,213

PostMiss Prime Blue Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:03 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Short clip of my backyard fireworks (link leads to video) =]

People live on because they forget about unpleasant things.
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:16 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocie Denver wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
Freedan wrote:

Is this cartoon you looked for?

From the thread.

Yes! That was it. Many thanks!

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

We can shoot off all the fireworks we want in Arkansas, so long as it's outside city limits. I shot some off Sunday for the first time in, like, six years. Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: