TerraEarth Forums

PABTV, Mark 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:47 am   Post subject: PABTV, Mark 2 Reply with quote

Okay, I'd like to re-open the discussion about male versus female, but this time I would like to specifically focus the attention on gender roles in relationships.

My girlfriend is a strong, dominating woman. She says (to clean it up slightly): "I have the boobies so I have the power." But even though she is this way, she wants to be the traditional housewife and cook me meals, in what one might consider "submissive" desires.

While every society has different views, Western culture seems to be based around an "ideal" household of the male breadwinner and the female homemaker. Do you believe that these stereotypical gender roles are superioristic?

For instance, I don't believe that my girlfriend wanting to be an ideal wife for me a sign of submission but something she does because she loves me. I do anything I can to make her happy not because I'm submissive or inferior but because I love her.

Do you perhaps think that it is possible to live in these roles without there being assumptions of male supremacy? Do you think that one partner SHOULD be superior to the other? Discuss.

===

PS: If you're wondering about the title, it's a nod to Flamez. You can figure the rest out yourself.

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Debate Island All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: