TerraEarth Forums

Hiya!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LollipopChainsaw
Level 2: Whisp

Gems 549

PostLollipopChainsaw Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 pm   Post subject: Hiya! Reply with quote

Hiya! I'm Gloomy Gurl (or G.G for short). I am on this forum because my boyfriend Jason Tandro thought I would like it.

Now a little bit about me. I enjoy horror movies, reading, and playing video games. My favorite movies are: House of 1000 Corpses, The Devil's Rejects, and Jim Henson's Labyrinth. Favorite books: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and Inkheart. Now when it comes to video games my favorites are Pokemon (any of the story line games), and fighting games (soul caliber, dead or alive, tekken).

My style? Geek chic. Attitude? Cute but psycho.
Love
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:05 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you got on these boards! You'll have a blast, love! Very Happy The folks are really decent here.

Oh and if you guys are wondering how her intro earned her 500 gems.. that was me. Dating a moderator has its privileges. Laughing Don't let that give you any funny ideas, especially YOU... whichever person happens to be reading this post at the time...

I'm sure can figure this out yourself, GG but we've got a board for pretty much everything, so go have some fun. Hope you enjoy your stay. Smile

Rest in peace, old avatar.
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, Tandro, you spoil her even on the boards! Laughing

Not gonna lie, every time I see something on FB or I get a text about how much he adores you, I go D'AWWWWWWW and get all mushy at him. Anyways, welcome aboard TerraEarth Airlines, enjoy your flight and if anyone gives you a hard time, we can shove em out the windows. It's all good.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
LollipopChainsaw

Gems 549

PostLollipopChainsaw Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:05 am   Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to start and just hope I don't make any horrid noob mistakes. Surprised
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:13 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Any friend of Jason is gladly welcomed to the boards. Very Happy

I'm surprised you listed House of 1000 Corpses as a favorite movie. It is often considered to be a joke in the horror community as being of poor quality (Much like Zombie's Halloween 1 and 2) but Rejects, on the other hand, is considered a great film. I'm interested to know what your take on the film is and how it compares to mine.

Also, while Tom Gordon was an incredible read, in my opinion is a somewhat obscure King novel. Have you read any others?
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Flamez
Hail to the King baby!

Level 16: Cursed Armor

Resident

Gems 7,228

PostFlamez Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, I think you have found a keeper. Latch on, and dont let go! Very Happy

Welcome GG Smile

Joined TE on May 30, 2002, 2:26am!
Yeah, beat that.

I'm hot stuff.

http://terraearth.proboards.com - Original TE forums.
http://www.facebook.com/lochy - I gots facebook! yay for social networking?
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:26 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome! hope you enjoy your stay. im a pokefan myself, so youre not alone there. not that youd be alone on here, Jason is (was) on here like all the time Razz
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:47 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

"If I were dating Jason Tandro, I'd call myself "gloomy" too."

"If I were dating Jason Tandro, I'd call myself a psychiatrist."

Dohohohohoho

I kid, I kid. Very Happy

So, holy shit... a new member that isn't a bot, and may post more than twice? Jebus.

Welcome aboard, and such. Cool Guy

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:15 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

And Freedan just won the thread. Statler and Waldorf FTW.

LollipopChainsaw

Gems 549

PostLollipopChainsaw Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:28 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I'm surprised you listed House of 1000 Corpses as a favorite movie. It is often considered to be a joke in the horror community as being of poor quality (Much like Zombie's Halloween 1 and 2) but Rejects, on the other hand, is considered a great film. I'm interested to know what your take on the film is and how it compares to mine.

Also, while Tom Gordon was an incredible read, in my opinion is a somewhat obscure King novel. Have you read any others?

I'll admit, I don't consider it a horror film so much as a gory comedy. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it...although that may be because I have a sick twisted sense of humor.

Yes I've read other Stephen King novels including Carrie, The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Misery, Salem's Lot, and others (mainly his older stuff).
LollipopChainsaw

Gems 549

PostLollipopChainsaw Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:31 am   Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank everyone for the awesome messages. I'm really excited about this forum!
LollipopChainsaw

Gems 549

PostLollipopChainsaw Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:32 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
welcome! hope you enjoy your stay. im a pokefan myself, so youre not alone there. not that youd be alone on here, Jason is (was) on here like all the time Razz

Power to the players!!!
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Gloomy Gurl wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:

I'll admit, I don't consider it a horror film so much as a gory comedy. I laugh my ass off every time I watch it...although that may be because I have a sick twisted sense of humor.

Yes I've read other Stephen King novels including Carrie, The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer, Misery, Salem's Lot, and others (mainly his older stuff).

Interestly enough, King did not write Ellen Rimbauer... although it was a tie-in novel to his mini-series Rose Red, another author wrote the book.

Yeah, alot of his old works are awesome. Cujo was good, and, as sad as it was, Pet Semetary was incredible. His Dark Tower series was excellent after the first book, exceptions being books 5 and 6, which at points slow to a crawl.

On a side note, I've never thought of House as a comedy. o.o; Might have to try watching again with that in mind. Razz
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Gems 8,090

PostJason Tandro Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

You see that's the thing, and I can vouch for GG on that cause my friends do the same thing all the time. Movies like House, Rejects, and Day of the Dead aren't comedies, but they're so over-the-top of the weirdness factor that we think they're hilarious.

As for Rejects, all I gotta say is:

"So you expect to cut the head of this chicken, put my dick in it, fuck it, and go Aaaaaaah?"

Great moments in film I tell you what. Laughing

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Tandro wrote:
You see that's the thing, and I can vouch for GG on that cause my friends do the same thing all the time. Movies like House, Rejects, and Day of the Dead aren't comedies, but they're so over-the-top of the weirdness factor that we think they're hilarious.

As for Rejects, all I gotta say is:

"So you expect to cut the head of this chicken, put my dick in it, fuck it, and go Aaaaaaah?"

Great moments in film I tell you what. Laughing

I can't do it for horror movies, I instead enjoy the suffering of those jerks who lose on Game shows. Nothing brings me more evil joy than watching a guy lose a million dollars on a poor choice. Very Happy

But really... I'll never forget this guy goes on The Price Is Right. Said he'd been watching since he was a kid, waited in a tent by himself outside just for a chance to get on the show. His prize if he won? A bunch of board games. The poor bastard looked like he was about to cry.

It's been awhile since I last saw Rejects, I gotta see it again... considering, if you ask me, it's Zombie's only good film.
This User Has Completed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: