TerraEarth Forums

Nintendo 3DS is... $170 of AWESOME?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nintendo is Awesome.
Yes.
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Absolutely.
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Somebody doubted that?
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 7

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Level 19: Soul Blazer

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:46 pm   Post subject: Nintendo 3DS is... $170 of AWESOME?! Reply with quote

Yep. Nintendo just announced that as of August 12, the Nintendo 3DS will be dropping to $170 in the US, $250 in AUS, and dropping by about 1/3 across Europe.

HOLY CRAPSTICKS.

Okay, so who's an angry early adopter? Not this guy.

In addition to announcing this, Nintendo announced that all early adopters will get 20 FREE E-SHOP GAMES, including, and possibly limited to, NES and GBA Virtual Console games that will be launching in the coming weeks.

Yeah. Eek!

TWENTY FREE GAMES.

So you remember Sony, right? PSN was down for over a month and personal data was compromised. They gave away what now? Four games? A month of PSN+ for PS3 owners?

Meanwhile, Nintendo is giving away TWENTY games, just because they decided to make the console cheaper. I take off my hat to you, sir.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:34 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not aware of the sales numbers for the 3DS, but it's way early for a price drop. I guess the numbers aren't as stellar as they were hoping for. Meh/Worried

That being said, they're definitely doing the early price drop the right way. "Sorry we cut the price by a third 3 months after you paid full price for it. Here's a ton of free stuff to make up for it. Cool Guy"

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the numbers were really high in the first couple weeks, but plummeted after that. Mostly because there's no good software for it yet outside of Zelda, which isn't a new game.

Then again, when the FIRST DS came out, there wasn't anything good right away except for Mario 64, which also wasn't a new game. Razz

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
EverPhoenix

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like im waiting another 2 weeks to open my OoT3D then... oh well, if itll save me $100 then thats fine by me.

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6326055/nintendo-president-takes-50-pay-cut?tag=topstory%3Btitle

So, holy shit. Nintendo's stock is down, their profit forecast has been severely slashed... and management is taking the blame. Holding themselves accountable for the poor performance lately, the executives are taking massive pay cuts.

If this were any other company, there would be massive layoffs (or at least the low-level employees would be the ones taking the pay cuts). "We're having a crappy year, so 6,000 people are being fired."

Love or hate them, it's hard not to respect them. Cool Guy

SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:33 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

PS3 Owners still got screwed in the end. You got two free games that you got to keep. Anything that was offered free via PSN+ that was downloadable- for instance, Sonic 2 or Streets of Rage- you couldn't play after the subscription cancelled.

That said, if you happen to have a PSP you got an extra two games to go with that. Otherwise, their "welcome back" program felt more like a kick in the butt.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! A rumor about Wal-Mart is going to sell 3DS for $169.99 three days early from official price drop date has confirmed. I went to a local Wal-Mart and bought a black 3DS for $178 (plus tax). If you want a cheap 3DS with free 20 games early (connect to eShop before August 12), better grab one at Wal-Mart.
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.1up.com/news/3ds-ambassador-nes-games-available-download

Although free 10 NES games for 3DS Ambassadors aren't available until tomorrow, I'm downloading them to my 3DS. I'm looking forward to play them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: