TerraEarth Forums

Does Anyone Know If Game Reproductions Is Any Good?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:57 am   Post subject: Does Anyone Know If Game Reproductions Is Any Good? Reply with quote

Game Reproductions

I've been surfing the web recently looking for cheaper alternatives to continue my never ending hunt for a complete NES collection, and while I'm just like any other collector that wants the original carts, I know some of them (Stadium Events and NWC 1990) are never going to be affordable.

So, I've found a few sites that deal in Repro carts, not only of original games (Mostly unreleased in the US/unfinished games) but also some homebrew stuff as well. Since I saw they sold a converted NTSC cart of Terranigma, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone owns one, and is this site (Or any others you may know of) any good?

I've also seen they sell a copy of Star Fox 2 (for 100 bucks). It doesn't list whether or not if it's the "Final version" that was found a few years ago that was nearly complete, or the hacked version which finished it as close to the original vision as possible. Thanks guys.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:12 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the games they sell. They looked they are modded games that can be found through the Internet. But they are not worthy to be part of the NES cartridge collection if they are not officially made by developers/publishers. Some are illegal if they are still copyrighted and owned by the owners included Nintendo. Mods are not illegal long as they are not profitable.

Perhaps you're better off with long trips to flea markets. I had been to some flea markets and video game stores there got tons of old game if they are not selling them on eBay.
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Reproductions is great. So far I've bought Final Fantasy 3, SMB Special, Castlevania Bloodmoon, Megaman Ultra, SMW Return to Dinosaur Land, Terranigma and Star Fox 2. The only problem I have with them is how long shipping takes. The first time I bought something from them the shipping took so long I thought I had been cheated.
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ocie Denver wrote:
I checked the games they sell. They looked they are modded games that can be found through the Internet. But they are not worthy to be part of the NES cartridge collection if they are not officially made by developers/publishers. Some are illegal if they are still copyrighted and owned by the owners included Nintendo. Mods are not illegal long as they are not profitable.

Perhaps you're better off with long trips to flea markets. I had been to some flea markets and video game stores there got tons of old game if they are not selling them on eBay.

I was more looking for games that I otherwise would not be able to play... like Terranigma or Star Fox 2. While the prices are quite high, it'd be nice to have an English cart I can actually play on my SNES. As far as NES goes... other than say, the Panesian games and NWC, there aren't any others I would actually want a repro cart of.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
Sgt.Pepper1983

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:51 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

The nes dump is another site you might want to check out. The prices are about the same and shipping is much quicker. You'll have your order in under 2 weeks. I've bought Castlevania Chorus of Mysteries and Mario Adventure from him. I haven't been disappointed. In fact I just made another order yesterday. A Zelda 2 hack called Shadow of the Night and a Mario 7 in 1 cartridge.
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you thought of purchase a snes flash cartridge so you can load snes roms and play on the real console?

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:58 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping from the nes dump is fast. I haven't checked the mail all weekend so I don't know if the games showed up on Friday or Saturday, but the order was placed Monday night last week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: