TerraEarth Forums

I need help with Gameshark Cheats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason Tandro
The Undying TE Fanatic

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Gems 8,090
Location: Tiptoeing the line between confidence and arrogance.

PostJason Tandro Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 pm   Post subject: I need help with Gameshark Cheats Reply with quote

Okay, I don't know how I did it, but I somehow using Gameshark Cheat Codes have totally screwed up my game of Star Ocean: The Second Story. I don't know how I did it, but I inadvertently deleted the second accessory slot for Claude and whenever I try to select it the game crashes.... HALP!

Rest in peace, old avatar.
Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:56 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Check the source where the codes came from to see any warnings if they are given.

2. Use a code at a time if you want to get something like a weapon.

3. Discontinue the cheating and play honestly.

I'm sorry that I don't know anything about PLAYSTATION cheat codes. I used Nintendo and PS2 cheat codes for years but I don't use them anymore except PC versions.

[Edit] Did you use ePSXe? I use PSX Emulation Cheater on the emulator.

http://pec.duttke.de/
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:20 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

my (simplistic) advice would be to first turn off all forms of gameshark codes, then restart the console and the game.

if that doesnt work, i think your save file is just owned. in which case, try using a code to set whats equipped in that item slot to something really crappy (or awesome, as long as it is a legitimate item), that might overwrite it if its corrupted memory.
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:17 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with EverPhoenix's suggestion.

Some codes need Master Codes in order to make them working or prevent instability in a game. Codes could affect more than what they supposed to do.

For example, I tried to add a cheat code that let me use Hyper Beam at beginning of Super Metroid. As result, it screwed up my game save somehow. There is no master code for it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Spam Central All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: