TerraEarth Forums

Any cool rumors?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jokstica
Level 3: Cadet

Gems 949

PostJokstica Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:56 pm   Post subject: Any cool rumors? Reply with quote

hey, I'm all about rumors for games, though most rumors i learn of and post. I posted one in "Which Zelda is the best?" If you have anything good, tell me and i will varify it.
Jokstica

Gems 949

PostJokstica Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:43 pm   Post subject: secrets will work to i don't mind. Reply with quote

incase someone doesn't know these easy secrets for O.o.t. here they are.
1) you can see some mario characters in the right window in the court yard
2)on the left, if you use the slingshot and break the plant in the window (you'll have to move around abit and look for it) a gaurd will yell at you and throw and he will throw a bomb at you ( I think it looks different than other bombs but I may be wrong about that. it's been a while since I did it)
Freedan
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

*Knows OoT inside and out*

Every Zelda fan knows that stuff. Tongue out

Ocie Denver
Level 17: Jealous Spirit

Resident

Gems 12,559

PostOcie Denver Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:46 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

On Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, you could access to secret area near Link's house at beginning of game with help of codes. I been there but I cant find codes somewhere. Other secret rooms involved with use of Pegasus Shoes... I dont tried that tricks yet. Please take those secrets as rumors.
Secret rooms, I mentioned above, only contains with rupees or hidden messages.
Level 15: Bloody Chariot

Resident

Gems 1,872

PostMuerte Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:24 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

i've actually tried the secret room with the pegasus shoes ... its a pain in the arse to get ... and while you can get there more than once it will only contain the rupee's one time ...

you have to start off in the light world in the sactuary ... then you gotta run to that first secret entrance in the castle where you go to see your daddy ... but you gotta run into that bush where the hole is ... but you also gotta make it there very quickly ... its hard to do ... i tried showing axe and another friend ... but i kept on screwing it up ... i only ever done it 2 or 3 times ... so good luck if you wanna try it ... gotta go from the sanctuary ... out of it ... left ... down ... right .... left ... i think ... not sure ... but that sorta path
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick tip, USHHG: instead of double posting, edit your post to add more to it. Very Happy

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Tifu

Gems 1,000

PostTifu Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:01 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the secret Chris Houlihan room in Link to the Past... I bet that guy gloats to everyone he meets "I'm in zelda beetches!!!"

If you want to see it, without doing the insane stuff you need to do that Muerte mentioned... then just go to the Zophar.net movie archive!!!
(They have a Terranigma complete walkthrough too... but it never worked for me, it was out of sync or something. Kept walking in walls)

Katey's Quest complete
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
Jason, lazy

PostJason, lazy Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:52 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

rainichan wrote:
Just a quick tip, USHHG: instead of double posting, edit your post to add more to it. Very Happy

USHHG says thanx. She's here, and I;m here and I'm too lazy to logon. I'll do so now.
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:21 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Muerte wrote:
you have to start off in the light world in the sactuary

You can also start at the North entrance of Kakariko. And like you said, you have to dash straight to that hole in the ground without hitting anything (like trees).

Oh, and whilst we are on the topic of Zelda rumors, here's another tidbit about OoT: Look reeeaaall closely at Talon's necklace. Recognize anyone? (Note: It's on the official artwork, so it may not show up well on the game)

EDIT: Thought I'd add a little more for those who are interested. Let's see how many rumors I can think up...

1. The names of the sages in Ocarina of Time come from the towns in Zelda II for the NES (chronologicaly, the towns are named for the sages, however).

2. If you put ZELDA as your file name you can start at Quest II on Zelda I, and you get bonus music on Link's Awakening.

3. In Majora's Mask, the festival masks represent departed souls, and some actually contain them. The Deku mask is the departed soul of the Butler's son, whose body you see at the beginning of the game (the crying tree Tatl shows you).

4. On the N64 version of Ocarina of Time you can turn all your items into bottles, but if an "Adult Link" item is changed, still only Adult Link can use it (and vice versa).

5. In Wind Waker, if you play through the game once, on the second time through you and Aryll get new clothes and you can understand Hylian script.

6. Only twice in the entire series does a dungeon give you more keys then you need. Once in Link's Awakening at Slime Cavern, and again in Ocarina of Time Master Quest at the Water Temple (please prove me wrong, I don't know why there are extra keys).

7. In Link's Awakening, though you only need 20 seashells to get the Lv. 2 Sword, there are 25 in all (three of them you only have one chance to get).

8. In Minish Cap, the Ocarina's song is the same as the Recorder song from Zelda I and the Warp Whistle from Super Mario Bros 3.

9. In Twilight Princess, Link turns into a wolf. This also happens in A Link to the Past if you enter the Dark World without the Moon Pearl. Except Link becomes a bunny.

10. In Ocarina of Time (N64 version only) once you have 100 Golden Skultulas, you can get 200 rupies from the Spider-House Man seperately as a child and as an adult (400 total). In addition, every time you restart your console you can get them again.

11. In Ocarina of Time, once you have the Boomerang, take it to the Secret Grotto under the tree inside the Castle Gates (it opens with the Song of Storms). Go in and find the Gold Skultula. Destroy anything between you and it, but do not collect the token. Back up to the teleporter and throw your boomerang at the token. Right before it reaches you, backflip into the teleporter. If done correctly (I hate hearing that too, but it's not hard, don't worry), you now have all 100 tokens (or you have one and can keep getting it as many times as you like, can't remember).

12. In Zelda II, you can beat Shadow Link without getting hit. Back up to the left wall and attack like crazy. Shadow Link will jump into your sword repeatedly and die (I know, it's cheap, but beating him legit is harder than everything else in the Zelda series combined, so there).

13. In Ocarina of Time there are two Scarecrows. The first one shows up when you call him, and the second one wants you to teach him a song. At the end of the game, if you wait, you will eventually hear the second Scarecrow song play.

14. In the Oracle series, if you play both games twice and find every heart, you can extend your life off of the screen.

That's all I can think of for now. If I come up with more I'll add them. And if anyone has ANY Zelda related question, I'm your Go-To-Guy. I've played them all (minus CD-i), own them all, read the official interviews, have a few soundtracks, and own the cartoon series on DVD.

(I'm not obsessed....)

okay, maybe I am... but all the more reason to trust me right?

Right?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Freedan

Resident

Gems 10,167

PostFreedan Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:54 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

A few additions:

For number 10, it's not necessary to restart the console. You can claim your 200 rupee prize again by leaving and re-entering the house.

For number 11, the latter is right; you get one token collecting them this way, but you can repeat as many times as you want / can manage without botching it.

Number 12 requires you to crouch before spamming attacks. He can't seem to block low, so you'll slice him in the shins.

And for number 4 (at least, this is what my brother found when he did this), any item that drops pickups (seeds, arrows, bombs) that gets turned in to a bottle will turn back to its original state if you collect a pickup. For example, he turned his bombs in to a bottle (and freaked because he wondered how he would complete the game without them), but after picking up some bombs from an enemy, found he had bombs in his inventory again.

On the other hand, some items can't be replaced. He also went and replaced his claim check for the Biggoron's sword with a bottle, and there's no way to get that back. So if you want to futz around with multiple bottles, make sure you're replacing something you're sure you have no need for.

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:57 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually replace the Claim Check and the Seeds and put fairies in them, because they activate whether you can use the bottle or not.

Also, thanks for the corrections, I was a little unsure on a few.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

tay120n64 wrote:
2. If you put ZELDA as your file name you can start at Quest II on Zelda I, and you get bonus music on Link's Awakening.

Little addition: Use MOYSE as your name in Link's Awakening, and you get another bonus music.

Nice ones, was entirely oblivious of many of them. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
Shadow20

Gems 10

PostShadow20 Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I have played The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, I have never saw or heard any rumors. Maybe I could find some, I probably need to look a little harder.
Wyv

Gems 99

PostWyv Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:22 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

That's like telling someone who's asking for help in a forum that you have no idea how to help him. What was the point of your posting again?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Windows Live Messenger ICQ Number
tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:27 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of A Link to the Past, I thought of something else.

Not alot of people know about this, and those who do rarely care, but in the game there exists a "Good Bee" which you can catch in a bottle and release to fight enemies.

To find it, go to Lake Hylia, and follow the water to the southeast corner. In the cave where you get the Ice Rod (though in a different room), there is a fairy statue. Dash into it to release the Good Bee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: