TerraEarth Forums

games you lost

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mantaray
Level 14: Chariot

Resident

Gems 6,635

PostMantaray Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:52 am   Post subject: games you lost Reply with quote

Pretty sure all of us has lost track of at least one game before from clumsiness or some other factor. Depending on sentimental or how much you paid for it, it could be rather upsetting.

So let's all take a moment and remember the cartridges we've lost and may not get back. Crying or Very sad

Mostly the games I've lost in the past five years were stolen. They were:
Sonic Unleashed (Wii)
Star Ocean III disc 1 (PS2)
KH 358/2 Days (while inside the DS >_>)

I was only really upset from losing Sonic because it was bought around release, which meant it costed $60. Such a waste. Star Ocean was a favorite, then of course KH, and the DS itself which I'm most sore about. They were all lent to the same trustworthy person, but other people got their grubby hands on them. Been promised compensation, but.. not counting on it >_> They're not getting anything from me anymore.

Other games I remember were cracked or crushed to pieces over time. Like Frogger (PSX), Sonic CD (PC), and a few others I don't remember.

Sigh.

So it's not very many, yeah there are worse things to get sad about, but then we remember all the hours we put into playing them. Hundreds of grinding.. trudging.. hours Mad Biting

Last edited by Mantaray on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:28 am; edited 1 time in total
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Level 18: Earth Spirit

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:00 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think I've ever lost the game. (Oops, meant lost a game. I guess we all lose? Razz ) I was more pissed off when my harddrive wiped itself clean last year. I lost two years of data, including some short stories I had been working on. Then, my data stick got lost, which put me back another two years- so pretty much I lost everything from after mid-2007. Thankfully I kept my old computer tower, so I didn't lose everything.

I did lose a PS1 memory card once, though. Three fully completed run throughs of Final Fantasy VIII, multiple Resident Evil gamesaves (from all games, including my 8 complete run through of Resident Evil 3). That was really heartbreaking.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

SBiF: Uppercutting cats since '09
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:02 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my Terranigma cart in the first couple of years of high school when I loaned it to someone (for the second time) and I didn't get it back. Boy did that make me angry.
Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Level 5: Sabre Wolf

Gems 323

PostSgt.Pepper1983 Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:42 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost Zelda 2, Minish Cap, Donkey Kong 93, Final Fantasy, Bomberman DS, Mario vs. Donkey Kong, Castlevania Chronicles and Symphony of the Night. Both Zelda games and an nes edition gba were lost when my brother loaned them to a friend without permission. My brother stole/lost Bomberman. A friend sold Donkey Kong 93 when I loaned it to him after selling him a gba. My nephew lost Mario vs. Donkey Kong, which was also in an nes edition gba when it happened. A friend lost both cib Castlevania games while moving. She found her two year old chewing on the manuals three years later. And Final Fantasy was lost because of my own stupidity. I threw it out when the battery died.
Blade

Resident

Gems 8,496

PostBlade Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:00 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my Pokémon Red stolen...gosh I was sad :/

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:20 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I lost The Game, but so far--

oh, wait. When I was younger, I thought my snes copy of Beethoven 2 had been stolen because I lent it to a friend who lent it to a friend who then lent it to someone else, so yeah.

Oh, I almost thought my N64 copy of Ocarina of Time had been lost. I lent it to a friend who then couldn't find it after he had it for like, 8 months and had since beaten it. He found it but I nearly freaked out. My box/instructions for it came back in terrible condition. Sad

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:

oh, wait. When I was younger, I thought my snes copy of Beethoven 2 had been stolen because I lent it to a friend who lent it to a friend who then lent it to someone else, so yeah.

Oh, I almost thought my N64 copy of Ocarina of Time had been lost. I lent it to a friend who then couldn't find it after he had it for like, 8 months and had since beaten it. He found it but I nearly freaked out. My box/instructions for it came back in terrible condition. Sad

I've learned the high cost of lending anything in box to a friend. I know it's not worth much, but I lent my new Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 to a friend in good shape. 4 months later, the manual was torn and had gotten wet, the cover had a drink leak "O" ring on it, and somehow, he got some gunk on the inside of the case where the cover is. At least the disc was still playable. :/

I actually also lost my copy of Resident Evil 3. Lent it to a friend, who I never saw again after that. I only lend games to one friend now, mostly because I know he's as serious a collector as I am, and takes care of his stuff.
"...at first it's fine and you think you have a dark side – it's exciting – and then you realise the dark side wins every time if you decide to indulge in it. It's also a completely different way of living when you know that...a different species of person." - Lana Del Rey
This User Has Completed

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:15 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever LOST a game.

I have had some stolen from me. Back in '08, my 360 and all my Xbox, 360, PS1, PS2, and GCN games were stolen. It sucked.

I ended up replacing all but 2-3 of them that I didn't play anymore. I didn't buy back any of the PS1 games either.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulBlazerFan wrote:
inferiare wrote:

I've learned the high cost of lending anything in box to a friend. I know it's not worth much, but I lent my new Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 to a friend in good shape. 4 months later, the manual was torn and had gotten wet, the cover had a drink leak "O" ring on it, and somehow, he got some gunk on the inside of the case where the cover is. At least the disc was still playable. :/

I actually also lost my copy of Resident Evil 3. Lent it to a friend, who I never saw again after that. I only lend games to one friend now, mostly because I know he's as serious a collector as I am, and takes care of his stuff.

Yeah, I let my roommates play stuff and my boyfriend I'll lend stuff to (only because I see him pretty much every day so it's not like he'll lose it or destroy it). Pretty sure I'd lend stuff to one other person, but I don't see him often.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
SoulBlazerFan
Crisis Historian

Resident

Gems 10,267

PostSoulBlazerFan Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:50 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
SoulBlazerFan wrote:
inferiare wrote:

Yeah, I let my roommates play stuff and my boyfriend I'll lend stuff to (only because I see him pretty much every day so it's not like he'll lose it or destroy it). Pretty sure I'd lend stuff to one other person, but I don't see him often.

I kinda feel bad when I tell a person I don't want to let them borrow my stuff, but then I remember how every time I have I either don't get it back or get it back in crap condition, so that feeling tends to pass very quickly. I mean, I understand why people get annoyed when I say no, but can't they understand my reasons for saying no in the first place?
This User Has Completed

tay120n64
The Koholint Knight

Gems 7,572

Posttay120n64 Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 7:22 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always VERY picky about who I lend stuff to. If I haven't seen their home and the condition of their belongings, I won't lend it.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Windows Live Messenger
Binarynova
Level 3: Cadet

Level 3: Cadet

Gems 74

PostBinarynova Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a break in last summer. My PS3 and five or six of its games were taken, but I was more bummed about two of the PS2 games they took:
Final Fantasy XII Collectors Edition
Ys - The Ark of Napishtim
Sad
Capitan Failure
Level 1: Huball

Level 1: Huball

Gems 45

PostCapitan Failure Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I may have you all beat.

In the 2nd Grade a kid borrowed Mega Man X3 (SNES) but the next day said he never borrowed it. His mom said it was none of her business and wouldnt make him give it back.

Little did I know the cart would be so rare and expensive nowadays. 200+ dollars for a used cartridge.

Also lost a ton of NES/SNES carts, including FF3, Mario All Stars+Super Mario, Mega Man X2, Earthbound, Mario RPG and more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> General Gaming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: