TerraEarth Forums

TERRANIGMA OTHER WEAPONS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ergz
Level 6: Stone Golum

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:05 am   Post subject: TERRANIGMA OTHER WEAPONS Reply with quote

Exclamation I found this on the manual of Terranigma. I was doing research for Terranigma Origins and I came across the following

I belive the creators origionaly intended Ark to use more weapons!!!
But they probably ran out of time as the playstation was already out as well as the 64 so they rushed to get it out. Or maybe even same reason as for SOM seceret of mana. With the downgrade.

What do you guys think???

Open a can of worms people weeeeeeeeeee Evil or Very Mad

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!
But please let me know that you have done this otherwise I won’t know haha.

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.

Last edited by ergz on Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
EverPhoenix
Level 19: Soul Blazer

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there are a few different kinds of weapons. Sure, they are all animated the same way - it's a SNES, after all. But there are tridents, hammers, swords etc if you look at their pictures in the box.

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:29 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Well, there are a few different kinds of weapons. Sure, they are all animated the same way - it's a SNES, after all. But there are tridents, hammers, swords etc if you look at their pictures in the box.

Na I just had a look at rpg shrine they are definitely all stick weapons of some sort to me spear an trident javelin pike wand r all the same just different ends on them. The only one that come close to looking like a sword is the seaspear but as the name suggests its a spear. Only one slightly diff is the 3 part rod. But again it says rod. Geostaff looks like a hammer but it's says staff. I think perhaps they were going to put more weapons hence the sword picture which further suggests so. That's my thought anyway. Would love to hear what more people have to say. I just find it interesting lol. Wish I could contact the creator and ask

Become a supportor add the above sponsor badge to your website, myspace, facebook, blog, signiture or whatever you have.
Could you please link the sponsor badge to: http://www.terraearth.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123I will add you to the supporters in the credits of the game if you do!

The game will exclusivley come out HERE! Cheers everyone and thanks for supporting Terra Earth and the eternal legend of Terranigma.

Last edited by ergz on Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
psychokind
fuck yeah!

Resident

Gems 10,444

Postpsychokind Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:35 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Well, there are a few different kinds of weapons. Sure, they are all animated the same way - it's a SNES, after all.

what a coincidence that the first thing I did on my new smartphone was installing a SNES emulator and started playing secret of mana. and one of the best things about SoM are that you have 8 weapons with 9 levels each, making it 8*8 "different" attack animations! Very Happy

don't underestimate SNES Evil or Very Mad

Resident

Gems 8,804

PostEverPhoenix Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:32 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure Ark's hair has about that many animations... Razz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:19 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

EverPhoenix wrote:
Pretty sure Ark's hair has about that many animations... Razz

HAHAHHAHAHAH
SOOOOOOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!

rayim
Legend shall speak

Gems 131

Postrayim Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:10 pm   Post subject: Re: TERRANIGMA OTHER WEAPONS Reply with quote

ergz wrote:

I think that you have your hopes too high and you cropped that image too much.

That note saying many other weapons... is written after a table of 7 weapons. Seven. Ofc the game has more than 7 weapons but the manual isn't a spoiler factory or a perfect-score-guide, so they didn't wrote about all the weapons you find. The same note appears in the manual under every table: the one concerning weapons, the one with armor and the one detailing some items. Nothing so special.
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:34 am   Post subject: Re: TERRANIGMA OTHER WEAPONS Reply with quote

rayim wrote:
ergz wrote:

I think that you have your hopes too high and you cropped that image too much.

That note saying many other weapons... is written after a table of 7 weapons. Seven. Ofc the game has more than 7 weapons but the manual isn't a spoiler factory or a perfect-score-guide, so they didn't wrote about all the weapons you find. The same note appears in the manual under every table: the one concerning weapons, the one with armor and the one detailing some items. Nothing so special.

I read the manual again. You are correct in what you say about the armour. It does say other armour. BUT! After the weapon table with the 7 items mentioned the image does appear (I did not crop this, it is directly under the table), therebye implying that Ark will be able to get a sword. I personaly think that they did have the idea thats why they made the image but they decided to scrap the idea.

inferiare
TerraEarth Historian

Level 20: Guardian of Pandora

Administrator

Gems 14,506

Postinferiare Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

They hired an artist for character design. If the idea wasn't final, or if Kamui didn't know he'd be using a spear, he would have just drawn any old weapon. I would think that once the idea was finalized, it was "draw him using a spear", but most art collection, like the one that particular image is from, would have any and all designs.

Presia firle anw faura,
van futare parge iem...
Melenas.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Windows Live Messenger
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:21 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

True agree 100%.

AlexArk
Level 2: Whisp

Level 2: Whisp

Gems 44

PostAlexArk Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:24 pm   Post subject: Reply with quote

inferiare wrote:
They hired an artist for character design. If the idea wasn't final, or if Kamui didn't know he'd be using a spear, he would have just drawn any old weapon. I would think that once the idea was finalized, it was "draw him using a spear", but most art collection, like the one that particular image is from, would have any and all designs.

In the manual and several other concept art, Ark is wielding a stick
ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:26 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexArk wrote:
inferiare wrote:

In the manual and several other concept art, Ark is wielding a stick

I know this topic is old already but i have to say this.

You are sooo right. I am remaking Ark's spear in the 3D animation Movie im making and a guy said that he would like me to re-do arks spear to look more like the official one. Anyway when I was modelling it I reffered to the official artwork and its not even a spear hahaha its a staff(stick)! so your right but there is one black and white artwork of ark fighting dark gaia and it looks like a trident but im asumming this is the hero spear. But as inferiare mentioned designer may not have known what to draw yet when making the picture.

ergz

Gems 622

Postergz Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:31 am   Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just for the hell of it I’m going to upload the 3D replica of Ark's spear on my YouTube channel. Cool
Video will be up tomorrow.

Also for the 3D animation movie I ended up using the official artwork crystal spear and modified its tip to look more like a spear.

The new movie preview will be up tomorrow as well. It will also have scenes from the underworld.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TerraEarth Forums Forum Index -> Terranigma All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: